[Update 9.02.2014.]Rumrunner S-OFF

Search This thread

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac
WARNING : USING S-OFF METHOD YOU WILL GET VIBRATIONS ON BOOT !
They are caused because of a bug in the radio and can't be fixed! So decide if you are ok with it before using Rumrunner S-OFF!

Well this is not just another S-OFF thread like you see around here. This is THE S-OFF thread !
I present you with an S-OFF for our device.

img-20140130-wa0000.jpg

All credit goes to @beaups .
He managed to do it in 5 minutes so please,if you can,donate him for his amazing work !
Or you can visit http://rumrunner.us/ and donate there.

Download :

http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/
And download one for your os.

Read carefully, i am not responsible for what happens to your device !

Last edited:

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Great! Can't wait to try this out. Did you already try to flash kernel and recovery from recovery? So that we can include kernel in ROM.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

atis112

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 21, 2011
OMG, I think I need to read more carefully next time. I thought, that the latest version at http://rumrunner.us/ made the S-OFF, so I run it... Now I can boot with several vibration. :D But this made me laugh: "Wait 30 seconds, power on device, pray, run rumrunner again." :D
I'm waiting for the S-OFF now. I hope that it will fix the "vibratory boot". :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ankahuja

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac
OMG, I think I need to read more carefully next time. I thought, that the latest version at http://rumrunner.us/ made the S-OFF, so I run it... Now I can boot with several vibration. :D But this made me laugh: "Wait 30 seconds, power on device, pray, run rumrunner again." :D

Hahaha,i didn't see the post by ckpv5 on thread in general and also got vibrations. Now you didn't read mine and also got vibrations. Who is next ? xD It won't fix it as i still have them,beaups told me that the issue is strange and that it probably due some debugging code HTC added to our device. But we can try to find the cause. He will update the rumrunner as soon as possible,so give him some time.

EDIT :
I have just created an updater-script,ziped the kernel and flashed it via recovery. It's working !
I know that the devs here can make updater script easy,but i have a urge to contribute as much as i can,even with the smallest things. :eek: Sorry.
So here is the updater-script i used.

Attachments

• updater-script.zip
    316 bytes · Views: 1,344
Last edited:

dansou901

Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Hahaha,i didn't see the post by ckpv5 on thread in general and also got vibrations. Now you didn't read mine and also got vibrations. Who is next ? xD It won't fix it as i still have them,beaups told me that the issue is strange and that it probably due some debugging code HTC added to our device. But we can try to find the cause. He will update the rumrunner as soon as possible,so give him some time.

EDIT :
I have just created an updater-script,ziped the kernel and flashed it via recovery. It's working !
I know that the devs here can make updater script easy,but i have a urge to contribute as much as i can,even with the smallest things. :eek: Sorry.
Great work again! Will the vibrations stop when we S-OFF our phone with the updated version of rumrunner?

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Do we really need to write the kernel via dd to the boot partition? I think there is an easier way, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

atis112

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 21, 2011
@nightwalkerkg

Can you pull your hboot (with dd) and share it please?

Other question: beaups modified rumrunner to make s-off, or he made an other way for us?

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac
Great work again! Will the vibrations stop when we S-OFF our phone with the updated version of rumrunner?

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Do we really need to write the kernel via dd to the boot partition? I think there is an easier way, correct me if I'm wrong.

This is the way i know. If there is devs will create a better updater-script. :D

@nightwalkerkg

Can you pull your hboot (with dd) and share it please?

Other question: beaups modified rumrunner to make s-off, or he made an other way for us?

He modified one of the block partition from my device : mmcblk0p7 and i used dd to write it. Since mmcblk0p7 contains some sensitive information like IMEI,etc i can't really share it. So i am not sure will he update the rumrunner or just clean the file and create a script for writing. But we will have it.

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
He modified one of the block partition from my device : mmcblk0p7 and i used dd to write it. Since mmcblk0p7 contains some sensitive information like IMEI,etc i can't really share it. So i am not sure will he update the rumrunner or just clean the file and create a script for writing. But we will have it.

Only that file ? No soffbin3 and customized firmware.zip like what they usually have for Facepalm S-Off ?

dansou901

Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Not as much as i know,i only flashed that file. He used some exploit to do it,but he might create something for us. Not sure. :confused:
I told you,he did it in like 5 minutes. :D
So prior to that, you wrote the block device into an image and gave it to him, right? But as you were S-ON before, how did you manage to write to that partition then?

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
@ckpv5, @atis112

Can you do something,go here : http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/ and download the version for HTC One V and test it,beaups just told me they used the same way to get S-OFF,it would save a lot of time for us and him. Thanks in advance.

Checked the boot.img inside the zip, it's the M7 boot.img. If it works for One V with that boot.img so I guess no harm trying.

But it takes a very long time to "pouring". Just completed pouring 1 & 2.
Will advise progress later.

EDIT :
Really take a very long time to complete and sadly it was unsuccessful.
Will try again tomorrow with stock ROM ... time to sleep ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING : USING S-OFF METHOD YOU WILL GET VIBRATIONS ON BOOT !
    They are caused because of a bug in the radio and can't be fixed! So decide if you are ok with it before using Rumrunner S-OFF!

Well this is not just another S-OFF thread like you see around here. This is THE S-OFF thread !
    I present you with an S-OFF for our device.

img-20140130-wa0000.jpg

All credit goes to @beaups .
    He managed to do it in 5 minutes so please,if you can,donate him for his amazing work !
    Or you can visit http://rumrunner.us/ and donate there.

Download :

http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/
    And download one for your os.

Read carefully, i am not responsible for what happens to your device !
    Here is my modified hboot. I removed the red text on boots and made some changes.
    To install push it on sdcard and reboot to hboot, and install it or install from pc:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip PM66IMG.zip
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot reboot
    I informed him about the problem and he will create a rumrunner s-off for our device.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk
    Thread updated with download link !
    S-off is now working !

EDIT :