[Q] Glance on Lumia 520

Search This thread

manan904

Feb 28, 2014
Hello,
can I know the method to install glance screen on my Lumia 520......I have seen many people posting that they got glance on lumia 520.
I have the lumia black update currently an my phone is Dev Unlocked.
Also,is there a way to get 3 column live tiles in L520 similar to what is there in L1520??
Thanks a lot..My first post here
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

vk1971

Feb 25, 2014
Hello,
can I know the method to install glance screen on my Lumia 520......

Also,is there a way to get 3 column live tiles in L520 similar to what is there in L1520??

Download and install SysApp Pusher from the store. There in the System menu you'll find Glance, tap it and follow the screen

I doubt it is possible to get 3 columns of medium tiles on your device. The screen is too small for it.

Last edited:

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
The 3-column thing is a registry change, we don't currently have the ability to edit the registry on the 520.

It would look pretty bad anyhow, given the low resolution of the 520.

DaviUnic

May 12, 2011
Also, I think it's restricted to 720p or larger resolutions only, so no love for WVGA... Again, I'm not sure of this, but it looks that way.

manan904

Feb 28, 2014
Download and install SysApp Pusher from the store. There in the System menu you'll find Glance, tap it and follow the screen

I doubt it is possible to get 3 columns of medium tiles on your device. The screen is too small for it.

I tried this method...but the app doesn't work after installing.....perhaps if there's a tweak or something for it....i am really desperate for it

manan904

Feb 28, 2014
but I have seen many reviews of glance app saying that they got L520 by some method...please tell me if anyone knows...

Also there was another request...can I get the windows phone 8.1 preview provided to only some developers....I can't wait a month for it
If anyone can send me the link or the method to install wp8.1 or just the action centre without the update would be just fine.

Thanks a lot.

DaviUnic

May 12, 2011
No, you can't. There's nothing you can flash available yet, this was said many times...

vk1971

Feb 25, 2014
I tried this method...but the app doesn't work after installing.....perhaps if there's a tweak or something for it....i am really desperate for it

That's interesting.
I have similar problems with extras+info after I have updated to Black
Are you on Amber or Black? Go to Settings >> extras+info. There must be indicated whether it's Amber or Black.

myst02

Feb 20, 2014
but I have seen many reviews of glance app saying that they got L520 by some method...please tell me if anyone knows...

Also there was another request...can I get the windows phone 8.1 preview provided to only some developers....I can't wait a month for it
If anyone can send me the link or the method to install wp8.1 or just the action centre without the update would be just fine.

Thanks a lot.

Hey,

just download it with proxy via SysApp pusher, and it should work ;)

giffarygates

Jun 16, 2014
glance for lumia 625 or 520

hey please tell me how to get glance in ,umia 625 or 520 cause' i very exited and i want that feature....... can you tell me how pleaseee :(
if you answer you are the best