SGH-I317 on SkyNote 10, lost root, WiFi

Search This thread

erik.johnson

Mar 30, 2012
Hi all,

I recently upgraded my Note 2 to Android 4.3 using the SN10 ROM, and everything went smoothly with the exception that I haven't been able get root back (flashing the SuperSU 1.8 update does nothing) and Wi-Fi (the modem zip did nothing when I flashed it from TWRP, and the instructions say to load a file with Odin, except Odin cannot load .img files!)

Any help would be appreciated. I'm a computer engineer and I've been using custom ROMs since my HTC iPAQ PDA so I'm not a noob when it comes to this things.

TIA,
Erik

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

erik.johnson

Mar 30, 2012
Forgot to add that I already tried clearing caches, etc... with no success. Wi-Fi toggle goes to on and then flips itself back off instantly.

erik.johnson

Mar 30, 2012
Ok so reinstalled SuperSU from the Play store, turns out that one was a PEBKAC error. Any leads on how I can fix my WiFi though? Thanks!!!
Erik

erik.johnson

Mar 30, 2012
Bump? Anyone? I would rather ask directly in the ROM's thread but I have to get past the 10 post limit first.

erik.johnson

Mar 30, 2012
Also, every time I reboot the screen shows "Android is upgrading". Makes me wonder if I need to do something to make it finish before my WiFi will work again?