Anyone switch from a Nexus 5?

Search This thread

Mikulic1802

Dec 21, 2012
So I went ahead and swapped someone. here are my thoughts.

the OS isn't that bad once you turn off and disable a bunch of stuff. literally took me like an hour to go though and disable apps and turn off features and get it set up the way I like it.

Screen is really nice. not a whole lot nicer than the N5, but nicer is nicer. love the rounded edges of the glass though. makes doing the navigation drawer swipe out much nicer.

camera, not really sure what to think here. seems actually WORSE than the N5. i have noticed something on the lens though, almost as if the protector is still on there (little oily spots, kinda orange-ish, wont rub off) but I can't take anything off the lense...not sure whats going on here.

speakers are a bit better, but nothing great.

battery life hasn't been as awesome as I had hoped. its really good, but not great. then again, I am on my first full day with it so I have to give it time to settle before I make my final judgement. charging right now at 25% to get through the rest of the day. took off charger at about 6am at 100%. 3 hours screen on time, 4-ish hours of streaming music.

form factor is really nice. I like the sloped sides, and the clean edges of the phone and the overall aesthetics. not diggin' the gloss though...a thin grippy case is needed IMO.

Camera is great only with xdabbebs mod, and you got to leave phone on charger 1 hour more when it hit 100%, you will have 6 hours sot + music streaming + phone calls and other things in one day easyily...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yep i had the g2, switched to n5 for the rom customization... and came right back.. the battery on this phone makes it all worth it !
    Someone said Nexus 5 had better build quality? Must be on crack or something. Same manufacturer, one phone sells for $300 less than the other, and somehow LG magically had extra money to put in better quality parts? The parts for the Nexus 5 are about as dirt-cheap as LG could've made them. The screen, most importantly, is abysmal.

I had a Nexus 5 for 2 weeks. Returned it due to crap build quality, low battery life, and no native double-tap to wake. If you think the build quality of the Nexus 5 is fine for you, then only the battery and double-tap are the pluses.

Going to G2 you get:
    - much better premium screen
    - phone feels better-built, more solid
    - double tap to wake & buttons on back
    - long battery life
    - back of the phone is smooth (slippery)

You lose:
    - Nexus 5 HDR+ camera (takes crisper pics than G2)
    - lots of custom roms you can easily flash
    - Nexus 5 software runs much faster despite having the same hardware

The ROMs for the G2 aren't that developed. Not many developers and they're not as polished as Nexus's roms. This is because the base LG rom is bloated, (2.3gb os vs 300mb Nexus os) and LG/Samsung make it harder to use recovery or flash roms.

Since I rarely flash roms, it's not a problem.

Don't miss: With G2 you never worry about charging your phone. I can run it for 2+ days w/o charging. Screen is wayyyyyyyy better & a bit bigger. G2 is a phone for the fit and forget. N5 is a phone for the fiddlers.
    I made a switch from n5 to lg g2 and I feel better now. n5 for me is pure crap, it feels like a toy. I get g2 for the same price (change it), and from that point neither the price is not on the nexus side.
    With g2 I've got ten times better batery, better screen (way better in daylight), better hardware (yes, on n5 problems with signal reception, speakers, mic etc..)
    and better build quality, like I said nexus is and it feels like a toy.
    and yeah, I rooted and flashed custom rom in a about first ten minutes I've get the g2, and I have perfectly stable device in wich I can trust, and usualy I am switching rom but here there is no point everything is perfect. On nexus5 I've flashed all roms avilable and didnt find the perfect one lol, seriously :)

cheers

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Can anyone tell me what about storage? How much do you have on N5 and how much on G2 (on 16 Gb models)

both around 11 GB. so not that much of a difference.
    Hi, which is the rom you are using that is so good? AOSP or custom LG?
    I'm still on stock (2 days!!) and not decided yet what and if to flash.

cloudy flex 2.0 (didnt flash 2.1 because I didnt notice any bug or whatsoever with 2.0 but will try it soon) with simple kernel v5, tweaked with trickster, nova launcher and thats it :)
    also there is a mahdi rom if you like nexus like which was very good for me. I play with that rom when I have a time, keeping backup and it is easy to switch...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk