High RAM usage? try this..

Search This thread

mwatson

Oct 16, 2007
Basingstoke
I always seem to have my RAM maxed out like a lot of users.

Try disabling the lock screen ripple effect. settings>security and lock screen> lock screen options> untick "ripple effect"

By doing this this my phone idles around 500MB of used RAM as a posed to 680MB or more. I've not had a screen re-draw since either..

Try it. and post your findings

rab1412000

Jul 16, 2005
Did you have to reboot to notice the effects?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ghampton10

Aug 27, 2012
Interesting. i went from 605mb to 540mb used. Even though i had "with swipe unlock" unchecked to start with (have to check it to get to the ripple option then disable it, then uncheck it again) it made a difference. you would think if the main option was unchecked everything inside that section would be turned off. guess not. Didnt do a reboot. now i have done a reboot and im still sitting around 530-540mb used.

Seems like it can work :)

aydc

Jul 31, 2006
I always use my phones with no lockscreen at all. Lockscreen is not necessary at all anyway. I've been using smartphones for years and there hasn't been even one case where my smartphone woke up by itself in my pocket and started dialing people.

biffsmash

Nov 19, 2007
I always use my phones with no lockscreen at all. Lockscreen is not necessary at all anyway. I've been using smartphones for years and there hasn't been even one case where my smartphone woke up by itself in my pocket and started dialing people.

My Xperia X10, HTC Desire and Galaxy S2 all used to unlock and dial people all the time, sometimes even with pattern lock on it was absolutely infuriating although S3 doesn't seem to ever unlock itself which is a relief lol But when an app wakes the screen, with no lockscreen I can imagine that would play havoc in me pocket lol.

a67543210

Feb 23, 2008
Manchester
I disabled my ripple effect and found my ram jump to 700MB. Before disabling ripple effect, I was on 530MB ram usage. I am on Latest Stock Jelly bean.

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

I`ve just re-enabled the ripple effect and rebooted. My ram is at 468MB. Are you sure this your technique works?

Aimara

Jun 17, 2012
problem with ics it should actually disable all features and let the user decide

mwatson

Oct 16, 2007
Basingstoke
Since trying this two days ago I've not had even the slightest redraw. I used to have i almost every time i returned to the gphome screen. RAM usage is slightly lower as in in doesn't go over 700Mb any more. But defiantly a cure so far for the redraw. Give it a go...

sohebq

Aug 20, 2011
RAWALPINDI
I don't understand any logic behind this, someone already posted this and it didn't work. Can you upload screenshots before and after ram increase?

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Since trying this two days ago I've not had even the slightest redraw. I used to have i almost every time i returned to the gphome screen. RAM usage is slightly lower as in in doesn't go over 700Mb any more. But defiantly a cure so far for the redraw. Give it a go...

As I mentioned before, this is not working for me (and I also don't have redraws but I am using Apex Launcher)

Last edited:

NajuAynr

Mar 30, 2013
Thrissur
clear 70% of ram just 1 click

Hai bro's i got a simple code for clearing more of your ram

just do this simple steps

step 1

* root your device :angel:
* then dowload the attachment "ram" View attachment ram.zip
* extract it then u get a .vnt file
* open it in memo
* and copy the text
'' ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 ''

step 2

*install the apk root explorer link http://www.appsapk.com/root-explorer/

* then open your root explorer
*grant super user permission
*go to internal memory/system/
*change into r/w (rewritable)

step 3

*long press on build.prop
*then open with text editor
*paste that code at last of build.prop without space
build.prop.png
*save and exit

step 4

REEBOOT YOUR DEVICE
and see the change when clearing the ram :laugh:
SC20140906-114123.png

EnJOYYYYYYYYY :good::good:

HIT THE THANKSS BUTTON
WHEN U BELIEVE I HELPED UU

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I always seem to have my RAM maxed out like a lot of users.

Try disabling the lock screen ripple effect. settings>security and lock screen> lock screen options> untick "ripple effect"

By doing this this my phone idles around 500MB of used RAM as a posed to 680MB or more. I've not had a screen re-draw since either..

Try it. and post your findings