Steps to change your 1st Boot Splash Screen

Search This thread

Sefy

Jan 2, 2007
Netanya
sefy76.wordpress.com
I've received a new Touch Pro after mine went thru a religious ceremony (went down the toilet), and i've flashed to Tael's ROM, which worked great. But when i try to flash splash screen to get rid of the AT&T ugly one, it just doesn't seem to work.

I followed all the steps, it does seem to flash, but when rebooting, it keeps showing AT&T on the phone :(

I remember when i did the flash on my previous (RIP) phone, there was a different tool I used, which is like a whole GUI for taking any image and you could set it for Diamond or Touch Pro and it would create the final nbh file.

I think it was called Diamond Splash Changer (or something similiar) which was easy and it worked in one go! but i can't seem to find it anymore, and i know i got it here from here someplace :confused:

Nullstring

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
just want to share my experience following step 5.

NBHUtil is not producing anything even if I change the program compatibility. One thing fixed the problem of creating an nbh file is after executing patchsplash tool and copying the outfile in where the NBHUtil is located.

that fixed the problem.

Last edited:

slprlan

Jul 21, 2012
13. Once completed it will extract a new file called PrimarySplash.nb, this is your new Splash replacement file.

where do i put the file resulted(PrimarySplash.nb)?

R^7Z

Okay, I'm lost... The first post does not have a step 13. Did another post lead you here? Have you tried the instructions from the first post of this thread yet?

I am highlighting the step I think you are on, in the below quoted post:

How to flash your device for changing splash screen won't hard-reset your device. But you should still make a backup .

i. Create the wallpaper 480x640
Advice : when the Raphael starts, you can see 3 red lines (R, G, D number versions) : the 100 low pixel are black, whatever your wallpaper... that's why, I suppose, every splash screen I saw are always black
And you should take care of that (just use the 540 high pixel, and leave the 100 low black)

ii. If not already done, convert the image to a .bmp (just use paint and save as a 24 bit bmp)

iii. Run rsbbmp.exe, the RSB<->BMP converter, to convert your .bmp to a .rsb
Just clic on "Add files", select your .bmp files, and then, "convert all"
This will create a .rsb file in the same folder as your .bmp file

iv. Run Splash-RSB Converter.exe, the RSB<->NB converter.
Choose the VGA option. This will create a .nb file in the same folder as your .rsb file <<<--- is this the step you are having trouble with?

v. run NBHutil.exe, the NB<->NBH converter (the NBHUtil.xml file have to be in the same folder as NBHUtil.exe).
On first tab "Build NBH", in the "Target Device" list, choose "Raphael" (at the end of the list).
Then, on the right on the windows, you'll have the "NBH Items". Clic on the "..." button of splash item. An "Open" windows pops up : select the .nb file that you just created. Finally, clic on button "Build NBH!"
This will create a .nbh file (in the location that you choose).

vi. Copy/paste this file in the same folder as RaphaelCustomRUU.exe, run it & follow instructions as usual for a flash of your Raphael.

vii. Enjoy

Last edited:

slprlan

Jul 21, 2012
13. Once completed it will extract a new file called PrimarySplash.nb, this is your new Splash replacement file.

where do i put the file resulted(PrimarySplash.nb)?

I DID THIS
"Things you need:
-Thay Doi_SplashScreen.
-NBH_Tool_v1.1.
-HTC_ROM_Tool.

Create a BMP or JPG that's 240x320.
Run Chạy Tool Replace SplashScreen.exe
Click Load Bitmap and choose your file.
Click Update Splash.
It will create the needed files where the BMP/JPG is currently stored.
Take the ruu_signed.nbh and use NBH_Tool_v1.1 to extract the PrimarySplash.nb that you can use with your ROM."

The file resulted was "PrimarySplash.nb". What should I do with it?
i follow post #4

Last edited:

R^7Z

Follow the remaining steps. Step 5 makes mention of selecting the file called PrimarySplash.nb. If this is the case, it matters not where the file is located. At least I wouldn't think, though I could be wrong. Give it a try and let us know where else you are having problems...

slprlan

Jul 21, 2012
i follow al the steps.1 to 13
How-to create your own Splash Screen

==============================================================

1. Copy the image you would like to use into the image folder.

2. Open up the Step 1 folder and run the Replace SplashScreen.exe file.

3. Click on Load Bitmap from the newly opened menu (Replace Artemis SPlashScreen.

4. Click on the Update Splash button.

The PDA Phone ROM Update Utility 3.0.3.1 menu will pop up.
Leave it alone.

5. Go back to the image folder for step 1 and locate the RUU_signed.nbh file.

6. Copy the RUU_singed.nbh and place it into the RUU_signed folder.

7. Go back and close out both PDA Phone ROM Update Utility 3.0.3.1 and Replace Artemis SplashScreen.

8. Now go to the step 2 folder and double click on the nbhtool.exe.

9.This will open up Dutty's good NBH tool v1.1.

10. Click on the Decompile NBH file button.

11. Browse back to the RUU_singed folder and locate the new RUU_signed.nbh file.

12. Choose the same location or the one of your choosing to save the extract files.

i did all the steps....and what should I do with the file resulted?

R^7Z

Starting at step 5 from the first post:
v. run NBHutil.exe, the NB<->NBH converter (the NBHUtil.xml file have to be in the same folder as NBHUtil.exe).
On first tab "Build NBH", in the "Target Device" list, choose "Raphael" (at the end of the list).
Then, on the right on the windows, you'll have the "NBH Items". Clic on the "..." button of splash item. An "Open" windows pops up : select the .nb file that you just created. Finally, clic on button "Build NBH!"
This will create a .nbh file (in the location that you choose).

vi. Copy/paste this file in the same folder as RaphaelCustomRUU.exe, run it & follow instructions as usual for a flash of your Raphael.

Basically from what I can tell from the steps included in the first post. You should be running NBHutil.exe (included as an attachment in the first post) to convert the NB to an NBH file. So, you can flash it to your phone. Am I missing something???

lohtse

Apr 1, 2009
Where ever they send Me!!
Decided to flash my own splash logo..all goes well pc end but when phone boots all I get are lines where the logo should be then phone continues too boot normally!

any ideas what am doing wrong as following the first post instructions without issue..

regards
Lohtse