[Q] Help unlocking S III after 4.3

Search This thread

Luciachan

Feb 17, 2012
I have been reading through the forums as much as I can and can't seem to get specific or consistent info. I have a Galaxy S III with Telus, I'm switching to Rogers, don't want to pay their $50 unlock fee. I want to unlock the phone but the 4.3 update is not allowing me to use the option for 4.1.1. And every I look says not to flash a 4.1.1 rom onto 4.3. So how do I a) get back to 4.1.1 or b) unlock 4.3 ? If I could just get a link to the full steps involved that would be great. I'm pretty comfortable with rooting etc. I rotted my Xperia X10 awhile back and that was simple enough. I just can't seem to find an exact answer and don't want to piece it together from several sites. Thanks :)

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
To unlock for free, you must be on completely stock 4.1.1, including the bootloader.

I'm not sure but the i747m may allow a downgrade of the bootloader to 4.1.1. I have a i747m but have never upgraded to 4.3 bootloader.

You will have to buy an unlock code of you can't get back to 4.1.1.

Reactions: Luciachan

Luciachan

Feb 17, 2012
Crap, it came with 4.3 so it was completely unavoidable. Anyone know which is the cheapest most reliable source of unlock codes? I found one on eBay for about $20 so far.

mr_legolas

Jan 30, 2014
Crap, it came with 4.3 so it was completely unavoidable. Anyone know which is the cheapest most reliable source of unlock codes? I found one on eBay for about $20 so far.

DO NOT ROOT now or downgrade to anything lesser than 4.3. Best option is to unlock through code like you say.

Try Cellunlocker.net. They should square you up for about $30. Worth it. They are reliable.

Luciachan

Feb 17, 2012
Thanks, I got unlock codes from unlockmenow.ca cost $17 CAD worked great for the 3 phones I had

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To unlock for free, you must be on completely stock 4.1.1, including the bootloader.

I'm not sure but the i747m may allow a downgrade of the bootloader to 4.1.1. I have a i747m but have never upgraded to 4.3 bootloader.

You will have to buy an unlock code of you can't get back to 4.1.1.