Audio/Charger breakout cable?

Search This thread

Slack3r

Feb 17, 2009
Since it seems there aren't any docks with audio out, and Samsung is going with the universal dock as the official one, does anyone know of a breakout cable for MicroUSB to allow for both charging and audio from one input, if this is even possible? I would like to only have to plug/unplug one cable when I dock my phone in the car.

If this doesn't exist, if anyone has a pinout so I could make my own it would be appreciated ;)

jyveturkey

Oct 20, 2010
This phone fits well in the Samsung s3 dock
, even with a seidio surface case. I use one.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Slack3r

Feb 17, 2009
The only one I've seen is the one that comes with the iBolt car mount...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
I saw that as well but would prefer not to wait for it to ship, I think I am just going to make my own cable according to the instructions here and hope it works with the Note II.

It's amazing nobody has thought to fabricate a cable like this...

chezburito

Apr 13, 2014
sorry for the late response

Since it seems there aren't any docks with audio out, and Samsung is going with the universal dock as the official one, does anyone know of a breakout cable for MicroUSB to allow for both charging and audio from one input, if this is even possible? I would like to only have to plug/unplug one cable when I dock my phone in the car.

If this doesn't exist, if anyone has a pinout so I could make my own it would be appreciated ;)

sorry for such a late response but has anyone verified if this cable works??
thanks in advance!

chezburito

Apr 13, 2014
iBolt break out cable does work, been using it in my car everyday.

Great thank you! just one more question, is it worth getting the 20 dollar iBolt cable? or will a 5 dollar generic one on ebay suffice. I looked up the reviews for the iBolt on amazon and they do not sound to satisfied with the iBolt cable.
Thanks again in advance!!

Top Liked Posts