[Q] Bricked? need help

Search This thread

errog

Jun 26, 2014
So i update my phone to 4.4.4 following instructions from http://trendblog.net/flash-android-4-4-4-without-wiping-and-loosing-root/.
It worked fine. Though Nexus rootkit could install custom recovery, but root went good.

So i thought i install TWRP through goomanager but it didnt download so i follow instructions from (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2534383)
"In a Terminal Emulator in android with a rooted device
Save it to the root of your /sdcard directly (internal memory only) and rename it to twrp.blob
Launch terminal emulator or connect to your computer and open an adb shell, then type the following:
su
dd if=/sdcard/twrp.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
Then reboot to complete installation."

NOW THE PROBLEM, i only wrote the command line until "dd if=/sdcard/twrp.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk" beacuse i accidently pushed enter, damn those small keys... i wrote the full command line again and reboot.

Now it won\t boot up at all, i get a flashing red light when i hold in the power button, volume+powerbutton doesnt work either..
Also i have no backups.
Is this a fixable problem?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Most likely it is not fixable without jtag. You wrote the twrp.image to some random partition. In the future stay away from dd commands unless you really know what you're doing. They can be very dangerous.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Most likely it is not fixable without jtag. You wrote the twrp.image to some random partition. In the future stay away from dd commands unless you really know what you're doing. They can be very dangerous.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
mmcblk *should be* nothing, since the main block is mmcblk0
but try to use lgnpst or qpst, just search on google "unbricking nexus 4 with <mode>"where mode is lgnpst or qpst