[UTILITY]One Click Root Kindle Fire On Mac KindleWater all kindle OS versions!

Search This thread

ST3P_2

KindleWater v3.0

KindleWater is now a part of BreakDroid all in one tool. I am also slowly backing off of Kindle development because of the Nexus 7

The new version is bundled as a part of BreakDroid (A multi device rooting app). Just download breakdroid from the download link below and you're good to go!

Downloads:

Download the newest version of BreakDroid from BreakDroid's website northmendo.com/breakdroid

Credits:
ST3P_2 (Me) writing the UI and some of the scripts, and slimming the SDK to the essentials
northmendo (co author) for writing the scripts and hosting the website
pokey9000 for fastboot
Team Win for TWRP recovery

Common fixes:
Try opening up terminal on your Mac and typing "adb devices" without the quotes. It should list a number like 29491656. If it doesn't the app isn't going to work.

Try opening terminal and typing "adb kill-server". Then try the adb devices trick above, it should now list a number.

Try restarting your Mac and kindle

Try rerunning KindleWater.

Changelog:

0.6.4 Changed recovery to TWRP and changed boot loader to the new FireFireFire 1.4a!

0.6.2 Became a part of BreakDroid with the 6.3 root

2.1.8 Added instructions for flashing your first ROM

2.1.7 Changed some command timing

2.1.6 Sorted out some su access problems

2.1.3 Fixed some bugs

2.1.2 Improvements to the rooting script

2.1.1 Added the new CWM recovery that doesn't have to be downloaded! 2.1.1= 100% automatic

2.1.0 Fixed some problems with ADB and added a cleaner app to remove older versions of ADB

2.0.0 (first version co authored by northmendo) Basically rewrote everything to automate everything except recovery download (we can't get permission from its author)

1.1.0 Changed some code to speed things up, fixed a misspelling, and rewrote some parts of the tutorial to make things more understandable

1.0.1 Fixed some things requested by northmendo, the creator of the USB.ini installer and ADB installer scripts

1.0.0 Created the application (duh)

To boot into recovery: Shut the kindle off, turn it on, when it shows the triangle with a fire hold the power button until the light behind the power button turns orange then release it. Wait a second and voila! There's recovery!

Follow me on twitter! @ST3P_2

Please hit the thanks button (and possibly donate) if you like!

We aren't responsible if this bricks your kindle. There is a 1% chance it could although it's very unlikely. I am still willing to help if you have questions.

Last edited:

ST3P_2

I'm devoting this post to instructions and extras now...

Instructions:

To boot into recovery: Shut the kindle off, turn it on, when it shows the triangle with a fire hold the power button until the light behind the power button turns orange then release it. Wait a second and voila! There's recovery!

How to install a custom rom with TWRP recovery:
Needed:

Rooted Kindle Fire*
TWRP recovery
A ROM to flash (It will show up as a .zip file)

Instructions:

1. boot in to recovery by holding the power button until it turns from green to orange at boot up
2. select backup/restore
3. backup then return to the main menu
4. select wipe, then factory reset
5. return to the menu and select install
6. locate the file, touch it, then select flash

How to install a custom rom with clockworkmod touch recovery:

Needed:

Rooted Kindle Fire*
Clockworkmod touch recovery

Instructions:

1. boot in to recovery by holding the power button until it turns from green to orange at boot up

2. arrow down to backup and restore, select backup and let it do its thing, then go back to the main recovery menu

3. arrow to wipe cache partition and select it once finished continue on*

4.*arrow to factory reset and select it*once finished continue on*

5. select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard

6. arrow to the folder you put the ROM in and select it (if you downloaded the ROM from your kindle's web browser it will be in the "Download" folder)

7. once it is done go to the main menu, select power off, then turn it on with the power button and you should be good to go!*

The first boot up will take a while because the system is getting everything set up

Last edited:

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
Since someone gave this post a 1 star rating without saying anything or asking anything. I was wondering if you could help by voting 5 stars to bring the rating back up on it! Thanks!

If you would like to get together with me, we can stream line this a lot, however im just getting to know xcode now so..

Reactions: sisterdelirious

northmendo

Dec 4, 2007
California
If you would like to get together with me, we can stream line this a lot, however im just getting to know xcode now so..

ST3P_2 and I have decided to team up and do just that. He knows xcode and is going to put together the ui. I have the adb scripts and would like to make one to download and install burritoroot. It would be awesome if you would allow us to include it and help in the process.

Are you both on G+ would that be a good place to collaborate along with gtalk?

NirmK96

Dec 21, 2011
Great Work

Hey just wanted to tell you that this program is wonderful, no longer need to pull out command line for rooting:)

DjRashonal

Aug 5, 2011
Just wanted to say thanks to these guys for the work they did! And a special thanks to STE3P_2 for helping me troubleshoot after a random help email!

Got everything working up and running and can confirm that it does work on 6.2.1 as well.
I had to Kill and restart the adb server to get the kindle to be recognized, but after that I was smooth sailing!

Thanks again!

thacoolestnerd

Feb 8, 2011
I ran the root successfully but how do I get the recovery installed correctly on mac? The website just says download it and rename it but there are no instructions on actually installing the recovery.....

Can you help with this?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

This root for me is useless because there are no instructions on how to install the recovery to flash a different rom all the website says it download this and rename it....no detailed instructions

ST3P_2

I ran the root successfully but how do I get the recovery installed correctly on mac? The website just says download it and rename it but there are no instructions on actually installing the recovery.....

Can you help with this?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

This root for me is useless because there are no instructions on how to install the recovery to flash a different rom all the website says it download this and rename it....no detailed instructions

To install the recovery after you're already rooted just follow the instructions for installing TWRP here.

Reactions: thacoolestnerd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KindleWater v3.0

KindleWater is now a part of BreakDroid all in one tool. I am also slowly backing off of Kindle development because of the Nexus 7

The new version is bundled as a part of BreakDroid (A multi device rooting app). Just download breakdroid from the download link below and you're good to go!

Downloads:

Download the newest version of BreakDroid from BreakDroid's website northmendo.com/breakdroid

Credits:
    ST3P_2 (Me) writing the UI and some of the scripts, and slimming the SDK to the essentials
    northmendo (co author) for writing the scripts and hosting the website
    pokey9000 for fastboot
    Team Win for TWRP recovery

Common fixes:
    Try opening up terminal on your Mac and typing "adb devices" without the quotes. It should list a number like 29491656. If it doesn't the app isn't going to work.

Try opening terminal and typing "adb kill-server". Then try the adb devices trick above, it should now list a number.

Try restarting your Mac and kindle

Try rerunning KindleWater.

Changelog:

0.6.4 Changed recovery to TWRP and changed boot loader to the new FireFireFire 1.4a!

0.6.2 Became a part of BreakDroid with the 6.3 root

2.1.8 Added instructions for flashing your first ROM

2.1.7 Changed some command timing

2.1.6 Sorted out some su access problems

2.1.3 Fixed some bugs

2.1.2 Improvements to the rooting script

2.1.1 Added the new CWM recovery that doesn't have to be downloaded! 2.1.1= 100% automatic

2.1.0 Fixed some problems with ADB and added a cleaner app to remove older versions of ADB

2.0.0 (first version co authored by northmendo) Basically rewrote everything to automate everything except recovery download (we can't get permission from its author)

1.1.0 Changed some code to speed things up, fixed a misspelling, and rewrote some parts of the tutorial to make things more understandable

1.0.1 Fixed some things requested by northmendo, the creator of the USB.ini installer and ADB installer scripts

1.0.0 Created the application (duh)

Follow me on twitter! @ST3P_2

Please hit the thanks button (and possibly donate) if you like!

We aren't responsible if this bricks your kindle. There is a 1% chance it could although it's very unlikely. I am still willing to help if you have questions.
    I'm devoting this post to instructions and extras now...

Instructions:

How to install a custom rom with TWRP recovery:
    Needed:

Rooted Kindle Fire*
    TWRP recovery

Instructions:

2. select backup/restore
    3. backup then return to the main menu
    4. select wipe, then factory reset
    5. return to the menu and select install
    6. locate the file, touch it, then select flash

How to install a custom rom with clockworkmod touch recovery:

Needed:

Rooted Kindle Fire*
    Clockworkmod touch recovery

Instructions:

2. arrow down to backup and restore, select backup and let it do its thing, then go back to the main recovery menu

3. arrow to wipe cache partition and select it once finished continue on*

4.*arrow to factory reset and select it*once finished continue on*

5. select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard

6. arrow to the folder you put the ROM in and select it (if you downloaded the ROM from your kindle's web browser it will be in the "Download" folder)

7. once it is done go to the main menu, select power off, then turn it on with the power button and you should be good to go!*

The first boot up will take a while because the system is getting everything set up
    Well guys, I'm not adding any features now but I plan on updating if the root method changes. It's been real, it's been fun, but it ain't been real fun! Just kidding, I've loved working on this project!

ST3P_2 and I have decided to team up and do just that. He knows xcode and is going to put together the ui. I have the adb scripts and would like to make one to download and install burritoroot. It would be awesome if you would allow us to include it and help in the process.

Are you both on G+ would that be a good place to collaborate along with gtalk?
    Well, I may be selling my Kindle Fire soon... This project was truly great. I just want to thank northmendo for helping me out along the way. I also want to thank all the users for using it. This project has really inspire me to do a lot.