[ROOTING] Trekstor SurfTab® ventos 10.1

Search This thread

scrax

Mar 2, 2013
I've managed to get root on my Surftab ventos 10.1 (cause is already there) after reading the topic by TheSSJ for the others ventos (9.7 - 8)
It's really easy:

Just install from market SuperSU and it will work.

After rooting the tablet I got rid of most of the default app and garbage put in by the vendor, after a backup with titanium.

With terminal emulator I managed to dump the recovery partition
su
dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd3 of=/sdcard/recovery.img

And here is what Recovery builder did to it:
http://jenkins.cyanogenmod.com/job/recovery/20543/

I'm still not sure if it will work, will post how it goes.

Last edited:

sniper_03

Apr 10, 2013
Hello experts on All Android,

have a TrekStor Surftab rooted and would like to change the first boot billd Splashscrenn there is always TrekStor. did anyone know how to change it is androis 4.1.1.

Thanks

grinchio

Oct 31, 2013
OK root Trekstor Surftab Ventos 10.1 v.2 (ST10216-2)

I can confirm that the Root method posted by SCRAX (thanks to him and to TheSSJ!!!!) runs perfectly!!!!.

Before that I needed to:

- Update/upgrade firmware using the file ST10216-v2_FW_pack.zip downloadable from into-trekstor.de/fw/surftab/ site (user: guest - pass: guest) (it seem to be necessary to allow the installation of the RK3066 chipset drivers on the pc, contained in the zip file)

- install a new CWM to enable a former complete backup of the unit, using (thanks to androtab.info site!):
RK_Android_Tool_v1.35 + RK30 Driver (you can find them googleing....)
RK30GENERIC_CWM (files.androtab.info/rockchip/rk3066/20130427/RK30GENERIC_CWM.zip)

And, finally, following the Scrax/TheSSJ method!!!!

Bye everybody! And thanks everybody for the help!

grinchio

agesandros

Sep 3, 2013
Palermo
I can confirm that the Root method posted by SCRAX (thanks to him and to TheSSJ!!!!) runs perfectly!!!!.

Before that I needed to:

- Update/upgrade firmware using the file ST10216-v2_FW_pack.zip downloadable from into-trekstor.de/fw/surftab/ site (user: guest - pass: guest) (it seem to be necessary to allow the installation of the RK3066 chipset drivers on the pc, contained in the zip file)

- install a new CWM to enable a former complete backup of the unit, using (thanks to androtab.info site!):
RK_Android_Tool_v1.35 + RK30 Driver (you can find them googleing....)
RK30GENERIC_CWM (files.androtab.info/rockchip/rk3066/20130427/RK30GENERIC_CWM.zip)

And, finally, following the Scrax/TheSSJ method!!!!

Bye everybody! And thanks everybody for the help!

grinchio

Hi peolple...there's a problem to surf the trekstor FW site!so downloads are unavaiulable!
i'm searching for ST10216-v2_FW for trekstor ventos 10.1 2V
where can i found it?
any suggetions!?
thanks a lot for your attention!

oroboros74

Jan 3, 2013
Is this thread still alive? Need help with Root

Not sure if this is still active or not, but a friend has one of these, and I was hoping at least to be able to root it.

Kitkat or Lollipop ROM would be great too if possible! Any other interesting hacks for this?

Any suggestions?