The unbrick image for HDX 7"

Search This thread

boom1212go

Aug 24, 2014
Hey everybody,i have pulled out the image from HDX 7"(base on system version--13.3.2.5_user_325001120),it includes the "boot,recovery and system",i hope that it's useful for those who bricked their HDX 7".

if you need other image like “aboot,dkernel,modem,modemst” and so on,you can leave a message to me,although i think it not useful,it's enough for you having "boot,recovery and system".

By the way,i wanna know how to let the HDX 7" get into the fastboot mode?except of using the command--"adb reboot bootloader" ,it's useful when the HDX 7" in normal use,but in fact,if HDX 7" can't boot into the normal mode,you can't do anything about typing command,because computer can't recognise it as adb devices!

click the link to download the images! http://pan.baidu.com/s/1gd7VPib

Last edited:

aaronkatrini

Feb 20, 2012
rome, italy
Hey, thanks

It would be really nice if somebody came up with a solution to flash the firmware in fastboot mode (even in linux where u dont need any drivers).

I believe that would solve many bricked devices out there.

Jun 30, 2014
Hey everybody,i have pulled out the image from HDX 7"(base on system version--13.3.2.5_user_325001120),it includes the "boot,recovery and system",i hope that it's useful for those who bricked their HDX 7".

if you need other image like “aboot,dkernel,modem,modemst” and so on,you can leave a message to me,although i think it not useful,it's enough for you having "boot,recovery and system".

By the way,i wanna know how to let the HDX 7" get into the fastboot mode?except of using the command--"adb reboot bootloader" ,it's useful when the HDX 7" in normal use,but in fact,if HDX 7" can't boot into the normal mode,you can't do anything about typing command,because computer can't recognise it as adb devices!

the question is how to unbrick the kindle if adb doesn't work ??
if using QPST , we need the xml files and how go to download mode
using pc only recognise QHSUSB_BULK, if install Qualcomm driver only detect as 9008, so need to change 9008 to 9006
so how to resolve this problem?? anyone can give some tutorial please.

thank you.

khanhdaojtk

Sep 2, 2014
Hi friend,
I have a kindle hdx with fire os 13.3.2.5
I already rooted and installed safe trap
I already back up rom stock and flash your rom thor gapps 13.3.2.4 on rom slot
But when it go to first screen, it stop and reboot. And bootlop but can access safe trap.
I restore back up but similar can't boot.
I think i must flash rom stock 13.3.2.5 but i don't have zip file. Can you extract it ? please help. Thank. I hope your reply.

CalebQ42

Jan 4, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
I know how to get into fastboot!!!

you just need to get a fastboot cable (the 2nd and 5th pins (or 1st and 4th?) are jumped. If you look up fastboot cable or factory cable you should be able to find it. I personally "made" one by taking a small piece of wire and sticking it under the proper pins in a semi-broken usb cable(wouldn't stay into device). I've had to use it many many times on my kindle fire hd 7"

epicfailol

Jul 18, 2012
you just need to get a fastboot cable (the 2nd and 5th pins (or 1st and 4th?) are jumped. If you look up fastboot cable or factory cable you should be able to find it. I personally "made" one by taking a small piece of wire and sticking it under the proper pins in a semi-broken usb cable(wouldn't stay into device). I've had to use it many many times on my kindle fire hd 7"

No, a fastboot cable doesn't do anything on the hdx

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
umm

I've found it works if you first connect it to the device then connect it to the computer. Of course the device I'm working with for some reason has software version 11.3.2.5
Again again this is the HDX forum completely different from the HD different processor and everything .. If you plug a fast cable into the HDX it puts it in QUPST mode and takes a few minutes of messing with it to get it out of it so far we cannot use that either..so far.

CalebQ42

Jan 4, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
Again again this is the HDX forum completely different from the HD different processor and everything .. If you plug a fast cable into the HDX it puts it in QUPST mode and takes a few minutes of messing with it to get it out of it so far we cannot use that either..so far.

Sorry about that, I didn't know there was a 3rd generation kindle fire hd that looked exactly like the hdx. Been trying to root this thing for hours before I found that out

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app

Samson Lau

Dec 15, 2015

Hi Friend,

Flash boot & recovery is ok, but flash system is failed. It says FAILED (Remote: data too large)

Samson Lau

Dec 15, 2015

My device is 13.3.2.0. I follow this “http://xdaforums.com/kindle-fire-hdx/general/how-to-unbrick-kindle-fire-hdx-firmware-t3277197” now in TWRP mode, but I don’t know how to flash the system.img.

By the way, I installed 13.3.2.3.2 stock firmware from TWRP, but it stick at Grey logo as well.

Last edited:

Samson Lau

Dec 15, 2015
after flashing 13.3.2.3.2 go to TWRP - advanced - copy log to sd
and attach log that locatesd in the root of intrenal memory of your tablet.

I did according to your advice, but it still stick at grey logo during reboot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1969-12-31-19-07-04.png
    Screenshot_1969-12-31-19-07-04.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_1969-12-31-19-08-50.png
    Screenshot_1969-12-31-19-08-50.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot_1969-12-31-19-09-08.png
    Screenshot_1969-12-31-19-09-08.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 157

galearned

Apr 6, 2012
Gainesville
Please post your /sdcard/recovery.log here
or flash CM11 to be sure

Good evening:

Are there any methods to get a Thor or Apollo running 4.2.5 or similar rolled back to the pre-3.2.5 as these posts seem to require? I have an Apollo running 14.3.2.5 which seems to be the lowest FW you can get to if you are running the higher than 3.2.5 FW.

I was wondering if the fastboot method would allow the flashing of a complete set of images from the earlier firmware series making an end run around the newer firmware?
Regards

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Good evening:

Are there any methods to get a Thor or Apollo running 4.2.5 or similar rolled back to the pre-3.2.5 as these posts seem to require? I have an Apollo running 14.3.2.5 which seems to be the lowest FW you can get to if you are running the higher than 3.2.5 FW.

I was wondering if the fastboot method would allow the flashing of a complete set of images from the earlier firmware series making an end run around the newer firmware?
Regards
- can not roll back FireOS v4 below 3.2.8 due to anti-rollback barrier (intentional or inadvertent) that will brick device if further rollbacks are attempted
- 3.2.6 and below can be rolled back to 3.1.0 which can be rooted and unlocked. Rollback method contingent on starting point.
- native fastboot environment is crippled until bootloader unlocked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.