[Q] Safestrap help

Search This thread

bobbyofna

Feb 11, 2014
So recently I got safestrap after being impatient to wait for a bootloader for a tripped 4.3 d2vzw (which I doubt will ever come out). I followed the safestrap directs carefully. I installed the latest 3.71 apk, installed the recovery, and booted to it. Whenever I try to flash any roms though (in a seperate slot of course) it says successful but when I boot nothing happens, it is just black. I can't turn it off or "on" during this unless i pull the battery. I've tried many roms including, CM10, CM11, Paranoid android, synergy, and cleanrom. The only one that stood out was synergy, it had an installer pop up but after it "installed" and i rebooted it did the black screen thing again. I've tried wiping each rom slot every time messing with different options everything. I even flashed the kernal thingy after each one. It just refuses to work. Anybody have any ideas? It would greatly help. I just want my phone with no samsung bloatware and preferably CM11. Thanks

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
Safestrap can only flash TW roms.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

So recently I got safestrap after being impatient to wait for a bootloader for a tripped 4.3 d2vzw (which I doubt will ever come out). I followed the safestrap directs carefully. I installed the latest 3.71 apk, installed the recovery, and booted to it. Whenever I try to flash any roms though (in a seperate slot of course) it says successful but when I boot nothing happens, it is just black. I can't turn it off or "on" during this unless i pull the battery. I've tried many roms including, CM10, CM11, Paranoid android, synergy, and cleanrom. The only one that stood out was synergy, it had an installer pop up but after it "installed" and i rebooted it did the black screen thing again. I've tried wiping each rom slot every time messing with different options everything. I even flashed the kernal thingy after each one. It just refuses to work. Anybody have any ideas? It would greatly help. I just want my phone with no samsung bloatware and preferably CM11. Thanks

U can't flash CUSTOM roms on safetrap. Only TW rom

bobbyofna

Feb 11, 2014
Also, it seems to be it is always checking the partition something and it never completes that action. I have also tried eclipse.

bobbyofna

Feb 11, 2014
Safestrap can only flash TW roms.

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

U can't flash CUSTOM roms on safetrap. Only TW rom

So what would be an example of a touchwiz rom with no bloatware and no samsung root checker? Isn't Synergy one of those?

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
You can only flash TouchWiz 4.3 roms.

No aosp (cm, aokp, pa, slimkat, etc.)

And no TouchWiz 4.1.2 (hyperdrive, synergy, cleanrom 7, etc.)

just follow the download list and you'll find everything you need.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: landshark68

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois

First, be sure to read the safestrap thread thoroughly:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2605648

paying special attention to post #11 where it says you can only flash TW 4.3 ROMs using safestrap. So that would be Alliance, Wicked Sensations, CleanROM, MOAR, samstock, old & slow's stock ROM, and Scrosler's stock ROM. Check the development section for all these ROMs. You can't flash any AOSP ROMs, which includes CM, through safestrap.

Edit - Holy schniekies, ninja'd to the max by multiple people :) I guess I type too slow and put too much info in my post. Good job fellas. I will answer your question about Synergy though. It is still a 4.1.2 ROM as it has not yet been updated to 4.3.

Last edited:
Reactions: BadUsername

bobbyofna

Feb 11, 2014

I tried cleanrom 8.1 that didnt work
and that big list seems to be for the ML1

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013

paying special attention to post #11 where it says you can only flash TW 4.3 ROMs using safestrap. So that would be Alliance, Wicked Sensations, CleanROM, MOAR, samstock, old & slow's stock ROM, and Scrosler's stock ROM. Check the development section for all these ROMs. You can't flash any AOSP ROMs, which includes CM, through safestrap.

Edit - Holy schniekies, ninja'd to the max by multiple people :) I guess I type too slow and put too much info in my post. Good job fellas. I will answer your question about Synergy though. It is still a 4.1.2 ROM as it has not yet been updated to 4.3.

Smartfone.. Reads my thoughts.. No need for keyboard.

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

I tried cleanrom 8.1 that didnt work
and that big list seems to be for the ML1

If u took the 4.3 ota then ur on ML1 with lock bootloader

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry im not familiar with safe trap.. But heres a sticky http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639337

So what would be an example of a touchwiz rom with no bloatware and no samsung root checker? Isn't Synergy one of those?

Master list of TW 4.3 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2653902

I READ THAT OLD AND SLOW IS ONE OF MOST STOCKESH TW ROM

Edit - Holy schniekies, ninja'd to the max by multiple people :) I guess I type too slow and put too much info in my post. Good job fellas.

It's not that you're slow and detailed, I've just simply mastered the art of ninja'ing. My uniform should be coming in the mail shortly.