[ROM][DEV][WIP] CyanogenMod 11 for the LG G Flex

Search This thread

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
DISCLAIMER: This is a CUSTOM' ROM! Use at YOUR OWN RISK!!! By using this ROM, you understand that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!

At this time, this is only for Devs and/or people who think they can assist in fixing the issues. It is in no way ready to be a daily driver!!! ;)

Also, you need to make sure you know how and are comfortable with flashing, restoring, fixing any mishaps that might occur on your own. At this time is a development thread, not a hold anyones hand on how to install etc, etc, etc. This statement isnt meant to be mean, just no general support will be offered at this time. That will come when the builds are in beta or stable.

Here ya go folks, CyanogenMod 11 for the G Flex (zee)!!! Well, let's be honest, unless you're living under a rock, you probably know what Android 4.4 (kitkat) is. Furthermore, you should know what the CyanogenMod project is. However, if a rock is really your home and you'd like to learn more, please visit their site: CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on KitKat.

Version: 20140709
Developer: PlayfulGod
Description: CyanogenMod 11 for LG G Flex
Source: github

CyanogenMod 11

What is this?

This is a build of the popular CyanogenMod 11 for the LG G Flex. This is built from source.

People to Thank

• CyanogenMod - Do I need to state why we owe thanks to these guys?
  • koush - for his wonderful recovery.
  • the G2 Devs - for all the work on the g2 which this is all based off of.
  • savoca - for kernel patches.
  • [vertigo] - for vendor blob experimenting!!!

Whats Working??
  • It boots
  • Wifi
  • calls/sms/data
  • Bluetooth, sorta!!!

Whats Not Working??
  • calls/sms/data
  • camera
  • bluetooth, crashes when pairing.
  • sound

Changelog

How do I install this?

NOTE: Need to be on the latest version of CWM or TWRP Recovery, and have the f340k aboot installed.

1. Download the .zip & copy to phone (make sure wifi is enabled if dl'd from phone).
  2. Zip can be installed from either sdcard or with sideload (No need to copy zip to phone if using sideload, see instructions for sideload below).
  3. MAKE A BACKUP!!!
  4. DO A FACTORY RESET!!! - this will wipe data & cache!
  5. Go to install zip from sdcard
  6. Choose zip from sdcard
  7. Select cm-11-xxxxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-xxxx.zip
  8. Confirm
  9. Repeat Steps 5 -8 for gapps
  10. Reboot

If using sideload:
  1. Download zip on PC
  2. boot to recovery
  3. install zip from sdcard
  4. install zip via acb sideload
  5. Connect to PC via USB (make sure to have USB drivers if using Windows)
  6. Open a terminal or cmd window and type:
    Code:
    adb sideload cm-11-xxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-xxxx.zip
  7. Repeat for Gapps.
  8. Reboot

Downloads

Gapps

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the LG G Flex

Contributors
PlayfulGod, savoca
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: f340k 4.2.2 aboot, latest CWM or TWRP.
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-06-12
Last Updated 2014-07-10

Attachments

• device-2014-06-12-094626.png
    device-2014-06-12-094626.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 19,602

darkmentor25

May 20, 2012
Wooohooo!! Hopefully this breaks the ice ?

Sent from my LG-D958 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zNiiC

Nov 13, 2013
Once all the stuff listed under whats not working, works, ill try this out.

sickkside13

Jul 15, 2012
Chicago
My hat of to you sir. Are you using the same jb aboot as before

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Thanks for the link playful. Got a question though. I did the three wipe method (dalvik, cache, and system) like you said and flashed the cm11 both downloads I download numerous times ,I thought maybe I got a bad download. And both downloads every time I flash comes up "failed" I'm on 4.2.2 rooted with twrp installed. I reran your freedom apk to make sure the f340 aboot was installed. And still nothing. About 10 sec after the "updating partitions" line comes up it pops up in twrp "failed". Any suggestions? Hints?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Your instructions I see don't actually say to wipe system does that make a difference? And also your instructions describe the cwm recovery options. Should I be using cwm instead?

brandonhatty

Dec 31, 2012
Thanks for the link playful. Got a question though. I did the three wipe method (dalvik, cache, and system) like you said and flashed the cm11 both downloads I download numerous times ,I thought maybe I got a bad download. And both downloads every time I flash comes up "failed" I'm on 4.2.2 rooted with twrp installed. I reran your freedom apk to make sure the f340 aboot was installed. And still nothing. About 10 sec after the "updating partitions" line comes up it pops up in twrp "failed". Any suggestions? Hints?

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Your instructions I see don't actually say to wipe system does that make a difference? And also your instructions describe the cwm recovery options. Should I be using cwm instead?

Twrp doesn't like 4.3 and higher. Don't have a clue why. Cwm Will do the trick. Which is a bummer for me because I really prefer twrp.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Cool I'm about to install cwm to try this ROM out

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Still didn't work. Gave me "error 7". "Wrong boot.IMG this software is for d950, f340, and d959. Your device is ls800"

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
ummm, cwm should be touch now and I'll have to check my imgs, purdy sure I had fixed and updated twrp to work too. Will check and test those.

@mattwheat WTF do you have installed for it to say its a ls800?

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
ummm, cwm should be touch now and I'll have to check my imgs, purdy sure I had fixed and updated twrp to work too. Will check and test those.

@mattwheat WTF do you have installed for it to say its a ls800?

thanks man, if we could get twrp to work, I would feel much safer testing and trying different things out, but, with no custom recovery, and after already bricking this thing once, I prefer to leave well enough alone...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: This is a CUSTOM' ROM! Use at YOUR OWN RISK!!! By using this ROM, you understand that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!

At this time, this is only for Devs and/or people who think they can assist in fixing the issues. It is in no way ready to be a daily driver!!! ;)

Also, you need to make sure you know how and are comfortable with flashing, restoring, fixing any mishaps that might occur on your own. At this time is a development thread, not a hold anyones hand on how to install etc, etc, etc. This statement isnt meant to be mean, just no general support will be offered at this time. That will come when the builds are in beta or stable.

Here ya go folks, CyanogenMod 11 for the G Flex (zee)!!! Well, let's be honest, unless you're living under a rock, you probably know what Android 4.4 (kitkat) is. Furthermore, you should know what the CyanogenMod project is. However, if a rock is really your home and you'd like to learn more, please visit their site: CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on KitKat.

Version: 20140709
    Developer: PlayfulGod
    Description: CyanogenMod 11 for LG G Flex
    Source: github

CyanogenMod 11

What is this?

This is a build of the popular CyanogenMod 11 for the LG G Flex. This is built from source.

People to Thank

• CyanogenMod - Do I need to state why we owe thanks to these guys?
    • koush - for his wonderful recovery.
    • the G2 Devs - for all the work on the g2 which this is all based off of.
    • savoca - for kernel patches.
    • [vertigo] - for vendor blob experimenting!!!

Whats Working??
    • It boots
    • Wifi
    • calls/sms/data
    • Bluetooth, sorta!!!

Whats Not Working??
    • calls/sms/data
    • camera
    • bluetooth, crashes when pairing.
    • sound

Changelog

How do I install this?

NOTE: Need to be on the latest version of CWM or TWRP Recovery, and have the f340k aboot installed.

1. Download the .zip & copy to phone (make sure wifi is enabled if dl'd from phone).
    2. Zip can be installed from either sdcard or with sideload (No need to copy zip to phone if using sideload, see instructions for sideload below).
    3. MAKE A BACKUP!!!
    4. DO A FACTORY RESET!!! - this will wipe data & cache!
    5. Go to install zip from sdcard
    6. Choose zip from sdcard
    7. Select cm-11-xxxxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-xxxx.zip
    8. Confirm
    9. Repeat Steps 5 -8 for gapps
    10. Reboot

If using sideload:
    1. Download zip on PC
    2. boot to recovery
    3. install zip from sdcard
    4. install zip via acb sideload
    5. Connect to PC via USB (make sure to have USB drivers if using Windows)
    6. Open a terminal or cmd window and type:
      Code:
      adb sideload cm-11-xxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-xxxx.zip
    7. Repeat for Gapps.
    8. Reboot

Downloads

Gapps

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11, ROM for the LG G Flex

Contributors
    PlayfulGod, savoca
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: f340k 4.2.2 aboot, latest CWM or TWRP.
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-06-12
    Last Updated 2014-07-10
    Not dead per say and actually might have new life soon. I plan on working on it some as time allows, just waiting on a green light on some new stuff that works that will help out.. hopefully. Still need a true kernel guru too. ;)

And I dont blame anyone for moving onto a new device, I may get a N6 myself, but my Flex will remain in the household for quite some time. ;)
    So much hype, so little progress :(

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Free mobile app

If you don't like the progress being made on this, my suggestion would be..... Do something about it, look on PlayfulGods github here and try to help sorting some of the issues, rather than just complaining about it..... :mad:
    Good news guys.... we have radio!!!! Still no bluetooth or camera, but we're getting there now

Screenshot_2014-06-30-09-44-45.png
    Just wondering if this build is still ongoing with developers building?

I'm still working on it. ;)