Pogo pins charging at higher rate.

Search This thread

ronedogg

Nov 3, 2012
Recently my wife broke her USB port on her n7, so I decided to just attach some wire to the pogo pins as I know there was a ground and a 5v line. After I installed battery monitor, hers was charging at 1000 to 1300ma. Mine charges at 500-600ma.

Maybe my port is broken too I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
Hi I use the dock to charge my n7. I have noticed a faster charging rate. However i do not know how to measure this

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ronedogg

Nov 3, 2012
Hi I use the dock to charge my n7. I have noticed a faster charging rate. However i do not know how to measure this

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Download battery monitor widget from play store. It will display the MV on the top right of the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

joesnose

Dec 5, 2009
I also charge my nexus from a homemade dock at the 1000-1300 mark compared with my usb port. The usb port is so bad that most of the time I see it discharging while in use!!!

I believe this is a hardware fault as mine used to charge great through usb. at one point my usb socket stopped working altogether, I ran a soldering iron over it and it is at least working again, still slow to charge.

I have also been following a thread about this in the google user forums. One person stated that when they changed the usb board charging rates resumed to normal standards. There is a lot of people in that thread suffering from this. Bad show google.

Wicked50

Mar 10, 2014
Have you guys confirmed that the n7 charges faster off the pogo pins?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
It can charge just as fast off USB I know mine does I think the problem seems to be that the ports are easily damaged and it slows the charge rate

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

joesnose

Dec 5, 2009
Have you guys confirmed that the n7 charges faster off the pogo pins?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

I have been following a thread on google forums about people suffering from poor charging rates. I can confirm that many users in that thread, myself included, have found that charging through pogo pins charges normally, whilst the usb charging takes forever and even discharges with screen on!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

-PiLoT-

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 17, 2008
Jefferson, SD
I have been following a thread on google forums about people suffering from poor charging rates. I can confirm that many users in that thread, myself included, have found that charging through pogo pins charges normally, whilst the usb charging takes forever and even discharges with screen on!!

is that with the provided 2 amp charger?

joesnose

Dec 5, 2009
It is with a third party charger as my charger broke, but it was the same with the original.

EPS10N

Jan 7, 2018
The 5V oem charger output 2000mA. Any charger 2A should fast charge.
Also the pogo pin can charge on 12V 500ma (which is automobile acc. standart)
See more info on Qualcomm FastCharge Standart
There's a chip that identify the power output available. So a charger 1A charger will be identify by the device, therefore it won't fastcharge.