[Q] Security makes settings app crash.

Search This thread

Estgio

Aug 24, 2014
Hello.

I installed Cyanogen 10 MMB on my Samsung Gio and everythink works fine except one thing :

I can not set a unlock password because the "Security" part of "Settings" crash every time.

I tried to empty Settings data, reboot, wipe, nothing work..

(One more question, the best ROM for this Samsung Gio ? :D)

Last edited:

Soled101

Oct 14, 2012
What CWM version did you use to install CM10?

Sent from my GT-5660 using XDA Free mobile app

Soled101

Oct 14, 2012
CWM_6.0.5.3_Gio with cm-10.0.5-MMB_JB-gio :eek:

That should be all right.

This is a touchy subject because some agree, while others disagree, but before installing a new ROM I will wipe everything including system folder before installing ROM and then I will factory reset before reboot.

I run MMB CM7.2 and I've found if I don't factory reset after installation I hit little annoying bugs. It could be because you should always do it or my phone (I don't know).
I do know that developers used to say to factory reset before and after installation but now they say only before.

This is the only help I can offer on this subject as I don't run CM10.

Estgio

Aug 24, 2014
That should be all right.

This is a touchy subject because some agree, while others disagree, but before installing a new ROM I will wipe everything including system folder before installing ROM and then I will factory reset before reboot.

I run MMB CM7.2 and I've found if I don't factory reset after installation I hit little annoying bugs. It could be because you should always do it or my phone (I don't know).
I do know that developers used to say to factory reset before and after installation but now they say only before.

This is the only help I can offer on this subject as I don't run CM10.

Thank you, it was very helpful :)
I will try to factory reset, again, and wipe dalvik cache before reinstall this ROM. Maybe you can tell me wich one you are using ? Can I install every ROM with this CWM ? I did not use a "ext4 file formater" before installing, do I have to ?

Estgio

Aug 24, 2014
Can I install this : cm10.1_gio.maclaw.20130908

over this : cm-10.0.5-MMB_JB-gio

using this : CWM_6.0.5.3_Gio

? :)

Do I have to run a ext4 program before installing ? wich one ?

Last edited: