The Hidden Note II

Search This thread

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013
janeilarlegui.deviantart.com
What happens if they turn off GPS?

Phone: Galaxy Note II - SGH-i317M* Provider: Telus Rom: Stock - rooted (JB 4.1.2) Kernel: Stock Recovery: Stock

--------------
Thanks to the Devs hard work and the power of sharing!

I checked out Cerberus - is an awesome app! Commands are coming from sms, not Internet. If he does a sim change, you get updated with that new number. You can take pictures and video to be sent to your email. This is not just a mere data wipe, lock and locate the device. You can listen in and even take a shot of what he's doing with your unit. The only thing he could do is to take out the battery and never use it to avoid detection. He couldn't even flash to a new ROM!

Getting the license just before the free trial ends within the week.

SG Note II rooted with stock 4.1.1

m666p

Aug 21, 2012
This is about the dumbest thing I've seen on this forum , u would be better off hiding a (women's) gun in that book of yours......
Also the people next to u are gonna bust a brain nerve trying to figure out ur setup a bookphone, a smartwatch, Bluetooth n a second phone u would attract a crapload of attention if sumone sees what ur reading
if u can't protect your sh#t ,then buy cheaper sh#t or don't take ur note outta the house......

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Last edited:

Dr. Droidberg

May 21, 2012
Indiana
I checked out Cerberus - is an awesome app! Commands are coming from sms, not Internet. If he does a sim change, you get updated with that new number. You can take pictures and video to be sent to your email. This is not just a mere data wipe, lock and locate the device. You can listen in and even take a shot of what he's doing with your unit. The only thing he could do is to take out the battery and never use it to avoid detection. He couldn't even flash to a new ROM!

Getting the license just before the free trial ends within the week.

I know. You have to be rooted to flash it as a system app where even a factory reset won't wipe it. The only thing that would is if the thief knows how to flash a new ROM & I doubt they would. It works with any 5 devices too so when anyone on my plan upgrades, I can just switch it to the new phone & deactivate the old one.

Cerberus isn't some lame find my phone app like Lookout. I downloaded the free trial about a year ago & literally got online to buy it after an hour playing around with it when I saw what all it can do.

ac16313

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
It would be to easy to steal someone's data off their phone take out battery get home considering most phones are Samsung now a days put phone in download mode Odin twrp back up data factory reset restore data only bam unlocked your phone and all your info still in place

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Dr. Droidberg

May 21, 2012
Indiana
It would be to easy to steal someone's data off their phone take out battery get home considering most phones are Samsung now a days put phone in download mode Odin twrp back up data factory reset restore data only bam unlocked your phone and all your info still in place

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

For people like us who are into technology or will go online to research ways to do this, sure. Do you honestly think some thug who would steal a phone on out of someone's hand on the street is going to be able to do that? Not even close.

Besides, I could factory reset the device & format the external SD card with Cerberus before the thief gets a block away.

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
Allan, what does VNC stand for? I was thinking about doing some remote interface contro<br />
<br />
Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda app-developers app
Woah..I didn't know it's that bad that you're thinking about going this far...you're better off just selling the phone. You dont even get to use the phone the way it's meant to be.

Sent from the rabbit hole.

xIvanx

May 3, 2012
Bronx
If you decide to Factory Reset via ceberus, will Ceberus be uninstalled?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013
This is about the dumbest thing I've seen on this forum , u would be better off hiding a (women's) gun in that book of yours......
Also the people next to u are gonna bust a brain nerve trying to figure out ur setup a bookphone, a smartwatch, Bluetooth n a second phone u would attract a crapload of attention if sumone sees what ur reading
if u can't protect your sh#t ,then buy cheaper sh#t or don't take ur note outta the house......

As I originally stated, I got a cheaper phone I take out as my main. The Note II is my larger Internet/media tool when I need it. I use it at work, home and places you spend a bit of time. You don't let anyone see you put it in or take out from the book. I rarely "read" with the Note II in it. I don't take it out during a commute.

In the gym, if someone opens your locker and goes looking to pilfer your bag, all they see is just a book.

You set up your bluetooth connections before you go out. There is nothing wrong about a few seconds of reading your smartwatch. It just has vibra alerts.
It's illegal to sneak in a gun with a permit to carry in malls and they inspect with metal detectors here. The dumber move if your gun was used against you instead. Disguising would be a smarter move for people to be much safer.

This is a choice you can do to avoid any f*ck situations without ending lives and loss of property. A cheaper phone out in public would likely deter such an ugly incident.

Keep my Note II at home? Hell, no way!

Reactions: 1ManWolfePack

m666p

Aug 21, 2012
As I originally stated, I got a cheaper phone I take out as my main. The Note II is my larger Internet/media tool when I need it. I use it at work, home and places you spend a bit of time. You don't let anyone see you put it in or take out from the book. I rarely "read" with the Note II in it. I don't take it out during a commute.

In the gym, if someone opens your locker and goes looking to pilfer your bag, all they see is just a book.

You set up your bluetooth connections before you go out. There is nothing wrong about a few seconds of reading your smartwatch. It just has vibra alerts.
It's illegal to sneak in a gun with a permit to carry in malls and they inspect with metal detectors here. The dumber move if your gun was used against you instead. Disguising would be a smarter move for people to be much safer.

This is a choice you can do to avoid any f*ck situations without ending lives and loss of property. A cheaper phone out in public would likely deter such an ugly incident.

Keep my Note II at home? Hell, no way!

I see ur point bro....
N I apologize for my previous rant it was a bit rude...
But I still feel the books an overkill
The watch n the headset should cover the notifications and phone duties without physically touching the phone
That's wer I would end it but to each his own....

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013
Woah..I didn't know it's that bad that you're thinking about going this far...you're better off just selling the phone. You dont even get to use the phone the way it's meant to be.

Sent from the rabbit hole.

I do use the Note II more than half the time of its operation during the day. I just don't take it out during traveling/commute. I would still be able to download torrents and play music in the background.

This is a smarter choice.

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013
I know. You have to be rooted to flash it as a system app where even a factory reset won't wipe it. The only thing that would is if the thief knows how to flash a new ROM & I doubt they would. It works with any 5 devices too so when anyone on my plan upgrades, I can just switch it to the new phone & deactivate the old one.

Cerberus isn't some lame find my phone app like Lookout. I downloaded the free trial about a year ago & literally got online to buy it after an hour playing around with it when I saw what all it can do.

Cerberus compliments the hiding book idea. Someone snatches your bag, the thief usually would get the immediate valuable stuff and dumps everything after. There's s change you get the Note II back. If he discovers it, and tries to unlock it wrong, you get a picture. You'll be able to report it for police to take action (somehow).

I'm looking for a bumper frame that prevents the easy removal of the battery and an app that prevents the power button from turn it off without a code. This will really compliment Cerberus. Anyone with info on that?

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013
I see ur point bro....
N I apologize for my previous rant it was a bit rude...
But I still feel the books an overkill
The watch n the headset should cover the notifications and phone duties without physically touching the phone
That's wer I would end it but to each his own....

Yup, it may be overkill with the book, but when you do need to be separated with the Note II? Like the gym scenario?

Precautionary measures will not be a bad thing. I've often heard stories of how actual friends of mine had hold up ordeals. And now my own family member. With the knife already at your side, you can't do much else than cooperate and give up the cheap phone. Not worth getting cut or bleeding to death over. They don't have to know that you have the Note II in the book though.

Syro-One

Jun 20, 2011
Hiding your phone in a book. Very cool idea.

I think i will try this too.

Wondering how i can cut out the pages so clean?

HellRa1SeR

Dec 20, 2010
New Delhi
Great Idea. Good work there. Maybe in a few more iterations you will perfect it.

Though I may not use it like this but its definitely a good method to avoid snatching/mugging.

TheNeighbor101

Jan 25, 2013
Great Idea. Good work there. Maybe in a few more iterations you will perfect it.

Though I may not use it like this but its definitely a good method to avoid snatching/mugging.

I'm actually thinking of getting something thick enough to store a bluetooth keyboard. It wouldn't for usage with the book being like a Surface tablet... although that's still cool, literally a notebook on the outside, and the electronic notebook on the inside.

And an extended or external power source to be integrate. But then the version you see here has 13mm of paper and this thin profile would further give the illusion of just a planner. I'm also considering going for just 10mm of paper thickness. I just need to find that notebook.

toyfreak

Feb 9, 2006
Indianapolis
I openly carry my Note 2 and, when I deem appropriate, concealed carry my Glock 26. I bought the Note 2 to use, not hide and the gun to hide and hopefully never have to use. Not sure where the OP is from but where I live no sane person would risk their life over a damn cell phone by pulling a deadly weapon to forcibly take it in public let alone forcibly enter another's home to commit common theft. Not around here anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I take arguably the most dangerous route to work in the country.

The 4am 1 train in Manhatten that runs through every sh!thole area in the city.

Always full of thugs, hassling the hell out of people.
    One time I was approached by some ***** who was eyeing my Nexus 7. I always carry either brass knuckles or a small blade when riding that early. This time he got the brass knuckles.

After I knocked his ass out I took a photo of him layed out as I got off my stop.

Don't ever show fear towards these animals. They are all talk when it comes down to it
    2uqe4y4a.jpg
    Carry a gun and shoot the thief.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    This idea came about after my brother was held up at knife point for his Note II. He was just commuting home at night but thankfully nothing really bad happened to him.

I commute and I hate the idea of losing my new Note II. So, I modified my old wood covered planner by cutting out the paper layers to form a niche for the Galaxy Note II. I considered including the silicone casing to tighten secure the device into place.

I control the device with a smart watch like the old Sony Ericsson LiveView and my wireless stereo remote earphones. My main line is another common smartphone. The Note serves as my secondary line. I can quickly make calls, read & reply sms (pre composed) via the smart watch.

You just need to use the Note in safer places and not flaunt by using it while in the mod planner for long periods of time. It would also help that you install a screen dimmerv app so as the light will not to give away that you have the Note in it and keep your phone in discreet mode with just vibration alerts.

While most are flaunting this great device, it's less likely that the would-be robber will suspect that the Note is in the planner. The secondary phone is your "smoke-screen" device you will surrender.

In this way, there's no need to do any struggle especially when he has a gun pointed at you.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app
    I made a better version for the smaller planner and here is the video link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92800985@N06/8457470770/

Pictures:

photostream

photostream

The new version integrates the old S Pen with the pen holder accessory and a top and bottom thin elastic string to hold both into place. The cut was designed to make them fit exactly and snugged into place. I didn't glue the top and bottom pages to allow charging and wired earphones to connect. The S Pen will be useful and will give the illusion that you are just jotting something down when you need to use the Note II.

It took me a bit of thinking and twice more labor for the exact cutting as I needed to make a template, pencil the cut edges every 3 to 4 pages at a time, referencing from the outer corner.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app