Karbonn titanium s5 root request

Search This thread

abysstheking

Oct 11, 2011
Toronto
i am new to this thread..got my titanium s5 a couple of days back..quite impressed with the phone as long as u dont mention the 3g connectivity..it is kinda disappointing..
back to the topic..tried rooting usinf framaroot..in installation, it directly gives a screen where i am asked to choose the exploit [the ones with A and G]..regardless of which i chose, it says "Failed to root..try other exploits"..solutions??thanks..

PS: i am not new to the rooting scene..have done everything under the sun on my motorola defy and galaxy s2 in the last two years..

michael.the.don

Jan 1, 2010
Dibrugarh
i am new to this thread..got my titanium s5 a couple of days back..quite impressed with the phone as long as u dont mention the 3g connectivity..it is kinda disappointing..
back to the topic..tried rooting usinf framaroot..in installation, it directly gives a screen where i am asked to choose the exploit [the ones with A and G]..regardless of which i chose, it says "Failed to root..try other exploits"..solutions??thanks..

PS: i am not new to the rooting scene..have done everything under the sun on my motorola defy and galaxy s2 in the last two years..

Select one with the 'g'.

Sent from my Titanium S5 using xda app-developers app

arun_9847

May 24, 2013
Mumbai
titanium s5 root query

Use Gandalf exploit. Also check whether that USB debugging is turned on under Settings -> Developer options

talkraman

Nov 6, 2011
follow the instructions but not able to root my s5.plz help:confused:

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Use the exploit of SGS4 for your Karboon Titanium S5.
thanxxx for djrbliss for the exploit of SGS4.

Here is the Link of thread for the ZIP file by djrbliss in 1st post.

Here is the thread : Hit Me

press Thanxxxx if I helped you.

Code:
cmd.exe Log :

[*]
[*] Motochopper: Android root exploit (Windows version)
[*] v1.1
[*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
[*]
[*] Tested on the Motorola Razr HD, Razr M, Razr Maxx HD, and Atrix HD.
[*] Supports lots of other devices as well. ;)
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure that USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest USB drivers installed, and that your phone
[*] is connected via USB.
[*]
[*] WARNING: This will likely void the warranty on your device. I am
[*] not responsible for any damage to your phone as a result using this
[*] tool.
[*]
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
[*] Pushing exploit...
1504 KB/s (1283460 bytes in 0.833s)
[*] Pushing root tools...
1979 KB/s (366952 bytes in 0.181s)
4640 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.393s)
3834 KB/s (1578585 bytes in 0.402s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Success
[*] Rooting phone...
[+] This may take a few minutes.
Bus error (core dumped)
[*] Cleaning up...
[*] Exploit complete. Press enter to reboot and exit.

Enjoy :)

dose the same as stated but not able to root my karbonn s5. superuser app is installed but unable to update su binary.when install root checker it says root access is not properly configured or was not granted plz help

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

dose the same as stated but not able to root my karbonn s5. superuser app is installed but unable to update su binary.when install root checker it says root access is not properly configured or was not granted plz help

Sorry to reply Late... but You have to Format/Factory Reset from CWM or stock Recovery and then install Superuser.apk from phone. You can Drag and Drop it from the extracted "rooting" folder. It contains Superuser,apk. Install it and Update the Binary om popup.. Voila :) You are rooted!!

Enjoy!!

arun_9847

May 24, 2013
Mumbai
titanium s5 root

Download the file from the link below & boot from recovery mode. Install it & it should work. Reply me after that.

Attachments

• OS-4.6.13-14-33-2013-06-04.zip
    196.2 KB · Views: 101

Apr 17, 2013
New delhi
surya-yogi.github.io
Error

I have rechecked u can root and unroot phone by this apk named framaroot1.4.1.apk, which I found in xda forum.
So. Guys just. Find install and enjoy rooted s5.

And can any1 built cwm for this?
Help please

I am having the following error give me an idea plz

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-04-08-19-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-04-08-19-32.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 107

zeyaan

Jun 11, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
done that but still not able to root my phone.
during installation it says opening package then say installation aborted.even i had wiped data etc

you can find rooting instructions on the thread in my signature

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

I am having the following error give me an idea plz

Try the alternate rooting method mentioned in the general discussion thread

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

Debugging on...still getting Failed..tried both Gandalf and Argon exploits...suggestions??

Try the guide from my signature

talkraman

Nov 6, 2011
you can find rooting instructions on the thread in my signature

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

Try the alternate rooting method mentioned in the general discussion thread

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

Try the guide from my signature

thanks buddy its works finally its rooted.
for others who unable to root with framaroot
just download the CWM Recovery from here www(dot)mediafire(dot)com/?k5rjak05jdb20c6
download ADB and fastboot set up from here www(dot)mediafire(dot)com/?rqc3vi41z6xx439
#Copy the downloaded image file to the folder in your PC where you have set up ADB and fastboot.
#Rename the file to recovery.img
#Turn off your phone. Enter fastboot mode by holding the Power and Volume + button for some time.
#Release both buttons when you see a green screen on your phone.
#Plug in the phone to PC using USB cable, wait for the drivers to install and finish setting up.
#If you are in Windows XP, open command prompt and browse to the folder where you have setup ADB. Or if you are in Windows7/8, hold shift then right click in the ADB folder and click to open command prompt there.
#Type this in the command prompt :
Code:

fastboot devices

#This should display your device name in fastboot mode, if nothing is shown, then you have to check previous steps again.
#Type this command to flash CWM recovery to your phone :
Code:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

#It will show the progress and completion dialogue within seconds when it finishes successfully.
#That’s it! CWM Recovery has been installed successfully. Now you can try if CWM is working by entering recovery mode as follows :
#Remove battery of your phone and reinsert.
#Press Power and Volume+ buttons and keep holding it for some time.
#When you see a green screen, you can leave the power button
#Now you will shortly see a red screen,
#You should see CWM now, otherwise try the whole process again. Once you are inside CWM, use your volume keys to navigate the options and power button to make selections.
after this i install superuser manually. u can find the apk file in the ADB folder.
check it with root checker
thanks to michael.the.don

Last edited:

shri1211

Jul 14, 2012
Pc Drivers & rooting

hi guys
i tried the framaroot app but rooting failed also i am not able to find the pc drivers even from the karbonn site it displays nothing in the download section can anyone upload the pc drivers as i am not able to use adb-fastboot due to lack of drivers please!!! upload the drivers if anyone has

talkraman

Nov 6, 2011
hi guys
i tried the framaroot app but rooting failed also i am not able to find the pc drivers even from the karbonn site it displays nothing in the download section can anyone upload the pc drivers as i am not able to use adb-fastboot due to lack of drivers please!!! upload the drivers if anyone has

u can find a folder name pc driver in the internal memory of your s5. attach your phone to computer via data cable and u can find the folder.

shri1211

Jul 14, 2012
Does this work?

thanks buddy its works finally its rooted.
for others who unable to root with framaroot
just download the CWM Recovery from here www(dot)mediafire(dot)com/?k5rjak05jdb20c6
download ADB and fastboot set up from here www(dot)mediafire(dot)com/?rqc3vi41z6xx439
#Copy the downloaded image file to the folder in your PC where you have set up ADB and fastboot.
#Rename the file to recovery.img
#Turn off your phone. Enter fastboot mode by holding the Power and Volume + button for some time.
#Release both buttons when you see a green screen on your phone.
#Plug in the phone to PC using USB cable, wait for the drivers to install and finish setting up.
#If you are in Windows XP, open command prompt and browse to the folder where you have setup ADB. Or if you are in Windows7/8, hold shift then right click in the ADB folder and click to open command prompt there.
#Type this in the command prompt :
Code:

fastboot devices

#This should display your device name in fastboot mode, if nothing is shown, then you have to check previous steps again.
#Type this command to flash CWM recovery to your phone :
Code:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

#It will show the progress and completion dialogue within seconds when it finishes successfully.
#That’s it! CWM Recovery has been installed successfully. Now you can try if CWM is working by entering recovery mode as follows :
#Remove battery of your phone and reinsert.
#Press Power and Volume+ buttons and keep holding it for some time.
#When you see a green screen, you can leave the power button
#Now you will shortly see a red screen,
#You should see CWM now, otherwise try the whole process again. Once you are inside CWM, use your volume keys to navigate the options and power button to make selections.
after this i install superuser manually. u can find the apk file in the ADB folder.
check it with root checker
thanks to michael.the.don

I installed CWM does installing superuser.apk manually work or not? when i press reboot option in CWM it says its not rooted do you want to root I said yes but nothing happened is there any flashable zip of superuser? please reply:confused:

zeyaan

Jun 11, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6
I installed CWM does installing superuser.apk manually work or not? when i press reboot option in CWM it says its not rooted do you want to root I said yes but nothing happened is there any flashable zip of superuser? please reply:confused:

yes u gotta flash superuser.zip u can find the link in the general discussion thread go opening post! mediafire link!!

cheers enjoy rooting more mods coming soon on that thread!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Michael, how's the work on cwm coming along? Waiting for it!
    here you go guys!!!!!--http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2282014
    CWM ;)

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

now someone please create a stock rom zip. mine is messed up. so i am unwilling to put it up.
    and guys start porting.
    Thanks Michael.. looking forward to new developments

here you go guys!!!!!--http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2282014
    CWM ;)

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

now someone please create a stock rom zip. mine is messed up. so i am unwilling to put it up.
    and guys start porting.

Thanks michael, cwm is now working in my phone and and i have already backed up my ROM. I hope you can upgrade the ROM to newer 4.2 version, and also see if u can help with the GPS and magnetic field fix issues.
    I know xda guyz can do it..
    I really want to root my s5 guyz..
    Already messed up my stock recovery now i can't enter it...
    Any help will be appreciated..root it for noobs plz...
    Still no way to root this one. Without root I cannot extract stock recovery.n without stock recovery I cannot build cwm

Use the exploit of SGS4 for your Karboon Titanium S5.
    thanxxx for djrbliss for the exploit of SGS4.

Here is the Link of thread for the ZIP file by djrbliss in 1st post.

Here is the thread : Hit Me

press Thanxxxx if I helped you.

Code:
    cmd.exe Log :

[*]
    [*] Motochopper: Android root exploit (Windows version)
    [*] v1.1
    [*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
    [*]
    [*] Tested on the Motorola Razr HD, Razr M, Razr Maxx HD, and Atrix HD.
    [*] Supports lots of other devices as well. ;)
    [*]
    [*] Before continuing, ensure that USB debugging is enabled, that you
    [*] have the latest USB drivers installed, and that your phone
    [*] is connected via USB.
    [*]
    [*] WARNING: This will likely void the warranty on your device. I am
    [*] not responsible for any damage to your phone as a result using this
    [*] tool.
    [*]
    [*] Press enter to root your phone...
    [*]
    [*] Waiting for device...
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    [*] Device found.
    [*] Pushing exploit...
    1504 KB/s (1283460 bytes in 0.833s)
    [*] Pushing root tools...
    1979 KB/s (366952 bytes in 0.181s)
    4640 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.393s)
    3834 KB/s (1578585 bytes in 0.402s)
            pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
    Success
    [*] Rooting phone...
    [+] This may take a few minutes.
    Bus error (core dumped)
    [*] Cleaning up...
    [*] Exploit complete. Press enter to reboot and exit.

Enjoy :)

I tried this, su got installed, but still no root access and su binary update failed.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Does karbonn titanium s5 (cherry mobile skyfire 2.0 ) support USB otg/host cable?
    If yes,please tell me how to use it.
    MY PHONE IS ROOTED ( permanent root & super su installed)
    I googled it but am not able to find any solution.
    so I thought that I could get some help here

THANKS IN ADVANCE......

How did u root ur device? None of the methods are working for me...