Vibrate when silent for SMS/MMS?

Search This thread

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
I'm new to the Note 3 and can't seem to figure this out.

I don't need the phone to vibrate when the sound is on for notifications. However, when I set the phone to vibrate I want SMS/MMS to cause the phone to vibrate. I can't figure this out...

If I uncheck "Also vibrate when notified" under SMS/MMS settings, then that stops the vibrations when the phone sound is on. But when I put the phone to Vibrate mode.... messages won't vibrate the phone.

I need "Vibrate when silent" or something to that affect.

Am I missing something here?

Sent from my 2nd Gen Nexus 7

danieljw

Oct 5, 2012
I, too, was frustrated by the vibration behavior on this device with regard to notifications.

My suggestion is to try an app called Vybe in the market that solved all my problems.

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
I'm new to the Note 3 and can't seem to figure this out.

I don't need the phone to vibrate when the sound is on for notifications. However, when I set the phone to vibrate I want SMS/MMS to cause the phone to vibrate. I can't figure this out...

If I uncheck "Also vibrate when notified" under SMS/MMS settings, then that stops the vibrations when the phone sound is on. But when I put the phone to Vibrate mode.... messages won't vibrate the phone.

I need "Vibrate when silent" or something to that affect.

Am I missing something here?

Everything you should need is Under the sound settings. And then the vibrate settings. Most apps, including messages, and gmail, have a check box to vibrate as a notification. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
Everything you should need is Under the sound settings. And then the vibrate settings. Most apps, including messages, and gmail, have a check box to vibrate as a notification. Hope that helps.

I'm not sure where you are looking but I don't have check boxes anywhere in sound settings for messages, gmail, etc.

This is what I see and there are no check boxes for different apps in any of these areas.
ajetymu4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
I'm not sure where you are looking but I don't have check boxes anywhere in sound settings for messages, gmail, etc.

This is what I see and there are no check boxes for different apps in any of these areas.
ajetymu4.jpg

These settings are under each app itself.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear, here are the screen shots...

Under Gmail, click on the menu button, and go to settings, then click on your email address..

Under Messages, click on the More tab...

Attachments

• 1393788355126.jpg
    1393788355126.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 29

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
These settings are under each app itself.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear, here are the screen shots...

Under Gmail, click on the menu button, and go to settings, then click on your email address..

Under Messages, click on the More tab...

Yea I knew that... The problem is if you check that Vibrate box under Message settings.. it will vibrate even when the sound is on, which I don't need. But if I uncheck it, text messages will not vibrate when the phone is set to vibrate. Kind of aggravating... I don't need the phone to vibrate when the ringer is on, but I don't have a choice because if I uncheck that box, messages will not vibrate when the phone is set to vibrate.

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
Yea I knew that... The problem is if you check that Vibrate box under Message settings.. it will vibrate even when the sound is on, which I don't need. But if I uncheck it, text messages will not vibrate when the phone is set to vibrate. Kind of aggravating... I don't need the phone to vibrate when the ringer is on, but I don't have a choice because if I uncheck that box, messages will not vibrate when the phone is set to vibrate.

I dont use vibrate at all...

However... what you may have to do is go under the Vibration Intensity, and slide those all the way down when you dont need vibrate, and slide them all the way up when you do need them.

That way you can keep your vibrate boxes checked at all time, and thats more of a master control for Vibration.

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
I dont use vibrate at all...

However... what you may have to do is go under the Vibration Intensity, and slide those all the way down when you dont need vibrate, and slide them all the way up when you do need them.

That way you can keep your vibrate boxes checked at all time, and thats more of a master control for Vibration.

If the Vibration Intensity was unique for each mode: Ringer On and Vibrate... that would work.. Unfortunately turning it all the way down so it doesn't vibrate with ringer on, even with it checked in message settings, doesn't allow it to vibrate when set to vibrate mode.

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
You just want it to vibrate when the ringer is off correct? I think its going to take some work on your behalf, meaning you will have to use those sliders when the volume is off, raise the vibration up more. When the volume is on, lower the vibration. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
You just want it to vibrate when the ringer is off correct? I think its going to take some work on your behalf, meaning you will have to use those sliders when the volume is off, raise the vibration up more. When the volume is on, lower the vibration. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Yea no problem... And yes I just want it to vibrate when the ringer is off. Looks like I'd have to adjust the intensity eveytime I went from vibrate to ringer... Which sucks.

Hopefully Kit Kat fixes that

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
Yea no problem... And yes I just want it to vibrate when the ringer is off. Looks like I'd have to adjust the intensity eveytime I went from vibrate to ringer... Which sucks.

Hopefully Kit Kat fixes that

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Its lame that you see features in an older phone that aren't present in a newer phone... never understood that concept.