[Q] How many people have had battery problems with the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T800?

Search This thread

jfleegle

Jul 30, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I've spent the entire evening tonight trying to find out why I'm getting very erratic battery performance on my Tab S 10.5. I've seen the battery jump and drop 10-30% within a half hour, I've seen the battery percentage go UP from 55% to 67% after rebooting it while it wasn't plugged in, and all kinds of other battery level weirdness. I've even seen it lock itself at random and randomly reboot both when plugged in and when running on only battery.

Tonight, I had had enough and did a factory reset, and it got WORSE! After the reset, it went from 10% tom 17% when I unplugged it. Once I did, it rebooted itself and the battery dropped to 0% and shut itself off!

I've seen other people on here complaining about the same battery weirdness, but the threads seem to mix people talking about different Galaxy Tab S tablets. My question is if I return this to Amazon and get a new one, am I likely to have the same problem? Will it be better? Worse?

Reactions: kellervz

@SidDev

Aug 26, 2013
Kolkata
I've spent the entire evening tonight trying to find out why I'm getting very erratic battery performance on my Tab S 10.5. I've seen the battery jump and drop 10-30% within a half hour, I've seen the battery percentage go UP from 55% to 67% after rebooting it while it wasn't plugged in, and all kinds of other battery level weirdness. I've even seen it lock itself at random and randomly reboot both when plugged in and when running on only battery.

Tonight, I had had enough and did a factory reset, and it got WORSE! After the reset, it went from 10% tom 17% when I unplugged it. Once I did, it rebooted itself and the battery dropped to 0% and shut itself off!

I've seen other people on here complaining about the same battery weirdness, but the threads seem to mix people talking about different Galaxy Tab S tablets. My question is if I return this to Amazon and get a new one, am I likely to have the same problem? Will it be better? Worse?

either flash stock ROM or replace it

GatsbyGlen

Mar 15, 2012
Irvine

For me, the biggest drain is the screen and I have it at a very low level. I put it into ultra power saving mode last night before going to bed. The batter level this morning was fine, but GSam Battery Monitor said I had the screen on for 8 hours, whereas the built in batter app shows otherwise.

jfleegle

Jul 30, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Here's another example of what I was seeing. Once it dropped down to 0% last night, I left it plugged in and left it alone. hen I looked at the battery meter, it didn't show a gradual increase in battery level, it showed a huge spike up in the middle of the night. So it charged very slowly, then at some point jumped around 50% or more and continued to charge until it showed 100%.

CyberManiaK

Feb 22, 2011
California
Today my T800 did something similar, it was full, then unplugged, started to use it and it went to 92% in just 15min so I was like WTF, plugged to the charger and then immediately jumped to 99%, I unplugged and did a reboot and it once it was back was at 99% again, so I charged again to full and I will see later how it's behaving.

I did notice that when this happened it was warmer than usual

Mine is not rooted.

kellervz

Aug 20, 2014

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Also loses all wifi connections and I have to put in the passkey every time it reboots. It started about a week or so ago. I think I'll just return it.

nitrogliss@aol.com

Jan 17, 2016
my battery problems solve (maybe)

Finally after reading dozens of post and trying all kinds of apps to solve the draining and rebooting of mt Tab 5 10.5 t800 I decided to replace the battery so I watched a video on you tube about how to replace the battery and took the back cover off.it was easy I used one of my guitar pics and before I took the battery out I remembered seeing a post here on xda about the battery plastic connector not making good contact so before I took the battery out i disconnected the white plastic connector it just pulls up and off and used a q-tip with some electrical cleaner on it and cleaned the contact and plugged it back in, I charged it to 100% witch I could not do before because it would stop at 98% and put the unit through the paces playing games and videos and doing every thing i could to drain the battery and the first thing I noticed was the battery life was about 5 times greater and it did not drop or reboot yet after 7 hours im at 54 percent battery life .. the screen is more responsive and the unit is running smooth as butter. I am REALLY excited and hope this is the answer to my problems because I really dont want to buy a new battery and find out it does the same thing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm seeing alot of battery issues for people that root. You play. You pay.
    Rubbish.

I'm seeing alot of battery issues for people that root. You play. You pay.