Thoughtlesskyle's Not So Super Froyo [RLS18] [12/4/2010] Who Invited This Guy!

Search This thread

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
so here we go 16.2 or as a i like to call it not so super froyo

Original
- Based off Dzo's 10/1 fresh froyo release
- stock theme with the andro green elements thrown in
- newest google apps except maps which can be downloaded from the market
- gmail, and voice search are both now in data which will make for an easy uninstall if they ever need to be updated again
- google maps {brut} is also in data for easy removal
- faux flip clock
- default wallpaper from Myns Warm Builds
- live wallpapers and everything related to them are removed along with the latinIME tutorial to free up some space
- Adwlaucher is present instead of launcher2 (also stored in data for easy replacement with the launcher of your choice)
- l1q1d's shut down script
- android scribble boot animation
- cyanogenmod wallpaper gallery
- put original vending.apk back in to attempt to cure some market hang
- doesnt seem to have the phone call hang issue
- zip align on first boot so give it 5 minutes before use

10/10/2010 update
- removed wirelesstether.apk (can be downloaded from the market) to free even more space since the vogue doesn't use it
- also deleted Quicksearchbox.apk since there is no need for it as there is the themed search box both do the same thing so their is no need to use double the space
- Changed network connection icons so that 2G, G, 3G, and H all have the same look and match the theme
- added new roaming icons and there was a graphical hiccup when it went to roaming
- added transparent Youtube widget

10/15 update
-Finally Have A Wallpaper Gallery of my own Thanks to LostEden over in the G1 Forums
-added The Latest Gmail app instead of needing to be updated from the market
-Added Wireless tether back in to the /system by popular demand
-Added Transparent Calendar widget now all of the widgets except the market are themed
-added newest Version of Car Home
-Removed Protips.apk (the tips to using android widget), it was just a waste of space
- changed the boot animation from the android scribble to one that is easier to tell if its still loading (its a secret to everyone)
-Instead of having a White and Black Full build to download there will now be just the black with an update.tar for the white this is just simply for space savings on the hosting site

10/17 update
- added back the old vending.apk so that all apps show in market
- themed the dialer

RLS 17 10/20
-now based off the 16-10-2010 fresh froyo from n2rjt
-NEW battery indicator now shows a 1% interval for charging thanks Vellowax
- i will post a new white status bar theme when i get some free time, the current one will work but you will lose the battery %
10/22
-removed the 1% battery indicator for the time being so we can have all languages
-added the battery stat program from super froyo in its place

RLS 18!
-built off the newest freshened froyo build (12/4)
-added the hot reboot app (using this app will reboot just the shell, should keep data safer since the kernel doesn't need to reinitialize)
-odex'd the /system for speed, and a little bit of stability (i never had the data corruption issue as i am with the .25 kernel still)
-Major themeing improvement i have picked up since theming my hero
-Volume up and down indicators are green along with download bars
-updated ADWlauncher
-removed HTC keyboard the update attached to scooters thread will work
-new friendly greeting in the set up wizard
-transparent notification tray
-calibrate screen blends better than ever

i think that's about it if there is anything else i will update it, give it a whirl

again all credit goes to the real devs im just a guy who can read and work 7zip

few personal thank you's
- first Jeff (incubus) i cant thank you enough and you are always helpful and without your themeing guide and advice i would be nowhere
- and also all the Dev's who have invested so much time making android work and keeping me happy with my vogue till i got my hero
- cnigro1279 for testing the black theme after i fixed the hang issue
- -Arturo- for finding some graphical hiccups and being an early adopter
- and for everyone who has given me feedback and used my build in general, after being on here and always taking from the community its nice to give something back.

thanks for trying it out in advance

Known Issues:
- on first boot ADW will give problem loading widgets errors, just simply delete them and put whatever widgets you would like they will all work
- usb doesn't always show disconnected from the computer when unplugged (common in other AOSP builds i have used too)

Screenies are fun
CAP2010100421162.jpg
CAP2010100421161.jpg
CAP2010100421112.jpg
CAP201010042117.jpg
CAP2010100421171.jpg

Downloads
Back In Black RLS18 (Pictured Above)
White Status Bar Update.tar Same Coloring of the widgets just a white status bar instead of black
Polaris Users Wifi update is attached (thanks Waterpolo for linking to it)
I've also attached the WiFi update for Kaiser's Using the old kernel

Attachments

• androidupdate.7z
    190.9 KB · Views: 4,466
Last edited:

elander

Oct 23, 2009
Wow, this one looks refreshing!!! Man I gave up on froyo a while ago, but this one might get me hanged up back on it, I´m right now "eating a donut" (if you know what I mean, lol) but I´ll be checking this one out (not today problably) for sure!!!! thanks for your effort, it looks sweet!!!.

ouz

Feb 19, 2009
build runs smooth but i have a sync issues , gonna reinstall and write here...

also battery runs great ,18 hour passed and still at %45 ...using l1q1d's latest nbh

mrtausif2004

Mar 20, 2007
i am facing a very wiered problem when i tired to use android in kaiser now its remains in headset mode. but there is no headset issue in using wm 6.5.

fahkin

Jul 15, 2010
jakarta
i have try all android build and i keep losing my signal...
so i hope this is my answer....
is it ok if i try this??? lol...
gonna download it and try it rightaway....

thanks dude...
sory about my english..
its super bad right??

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia

shenandoah2

Oct 3, 2010
Thoughlesskyle,

I loaded it this morning with Haret, running on an sd card on an HTC Kaiser: Time widgets do not work; wifi does not work. I haven't had a chance to go through everything yet. Thanks.

Eric

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
I know but that guy was asking if I could include his WiFi fix in the next build but if it makes kiaser WiFi stop working after the update I won't include it

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

zekky

Dec 25, 2007
thank you very very much!!! this is the first android build where everything simply WORKS. great job with it! looks really cool too!

overclocked my kaiser to 500mhz and it definitely gives a nice performance boost to add to this amazing build!

shenandoah2

Oct 3, 2010
Thoughtlesskyle, c6bestia,

I'm running the dark version off an sd card, I didn't load it into nand. When I click on wifi, it simply says 'error' below wifi. I did not apply any updates.

When I click on the link for the post, I get a file save window for an andriodupdate.7z file. I'm not sure what to do with that file? Thanks.

Eric

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so here we go 16.2 or as a i like to call it not so super froyo

Original
    - Based off Dzo's 10/1 fresh froyo release
    - stock theme with the andro green elements thrown in
    - newest google apps except maps which can be downloaded from the market
    - gmail, and voice search are both now in data which will make for an easy uninstall if they ever need to be updated again
    - google maps {brut} is also in data for easy removal
    - faux flip clock
    - default wallpaper from Myns Warm Builds
    - live wallpapers and everything related to them are removed along with the latinIME tutorial to free up some space
    - Adwlaucher is present instead of launcher2 (also stored in data for easy replacement with the launcher of your choice)
    - l1q1d's shut down script
    - android scribble boot animation
    - cyanogenmod wallpaper gallery
    - put original vending.apk back in to attempt to cure some market hang
    - doesnt seem to have the phone call hang issue
    - zip align on first boot so give it 5 minutes before use

10/10/2010 update
    - removed wirelesstether.apk (can be downloaded from the market) to free even more space since the vogue doesn't use it
    - also deleted Quicksearchbox.apk since there is no need for it as there is the themed search box both do the same thing so their is no need to use double the space
    - Changed network connection icons so that 2G, G, 3G, and H all have the same look and match the theme
    - added new roaming icons and there was a graphical hiccup when it went to roaming
    - added transparent Youtube widget

10/15 update
    -Finally Have A Wallpaper Gallery of my own Thanks to LostEden over in the G1 Forums
    -added The Latest Gmail app instead of needing to be updated from the market
    -Added Wireless tether back in to the /system by popular demand
    -Added Transparent Calendar widget now all of the widgets except the market are themed
    -added newest Version of Car Home
    -Removed Protips.apk (the tips to using android widget), it was just a waste of space
    - changed the boot animation from the android scribble to one that is easier to tell if its still loading (its a secret to everyone)
    -Instead of having a White and Black Full build to download there will now be just the black with an update.tar for the white this is just simply for space savings on the hosting site

10/17 update
    - added back the old vending.apk so that all apps show in market
    - themed the dialer

RLS 17 10/20
    -now based off the 16-10-2010 fresh froyo from n2rjt
    -NEW battery indicator now shows a 1% interval for charging thanks Vellowax
    - i will post a new white status bar theme when i get some free time, the current one will work but you will lose the battery %
    10/22
    -removed the 1% battery indicator for the time being so we can have all languages
    -added the battery stat program from super froyo in its place

RLS 18!
    -built off the newest freshened froyo build (12/4)
    -added the hot reboot app (using this app will reboot just the shell, should keep data safer since the kernel doesn't need to reinitialize)
    -odex'd the /system for speed, and a little bit of stability (i never had the data corruption issue as i am with the .25 kernel still)
    -Major themeing improvement i have picked up since theming my hero
    -Volume up and down indicators are green along with download bars
    -updated ADWlauncher
    -removed HTC keyboard the update attached to scooters thread will work
    -new friendly greeting in the set up wizard
    -transparent notification tray
    -calibrate screen blends better than ever

i think that's about it if there is anything else i will update it, give it a whirl

again all credit goes to the real devs im just a guy who can read and work 7zip

few personal thank you's
    - first Jeff (incubus) i cant thank you enough and you are always helpful and without your themeing guide and advice i would be nowhere
    - and also all the Dev's who have invested so much time making android work and keeping me happy with my vogue till i got my hero
    - cnigro1279 for testing the black theme after i fixed the hang issue
    - -Arturo- for finding some graphical hiccups and being an early adopter
    - and for everyone who has given me feedback and used my build in general, after being on here and always taking from the community its nice to give something back.

thanks for trying it out in advance

Known Issues:
    - on first boot ADW will give problem loading widgets errors, just simply delete them and put whatever widgets you would like they will all work
    - usb doesn't always show disconnected from the computer when unplugged (common in other AOSP builds i have used too)

Screenies are fun
    CAP2010100421162.jpg
    CAP2010100421161.jpg
    CAP2010100421112.jpg
    CAP201010042117.jpg
    CAP2010100421171.jpg

Downloads
    Back In Black RLS18 (Pictured Above)
    White Status Bar Update.tar Same Coloring of the widgets just a white status bar instead of black
    Polaris Users Wifi update is attached (thanks Waterpolo for linking to it)
    I've also attached the WiFi update for Kaiser's Using the old kernel
    .32 clemsys #63 is the most stable kernel and battery life is good

help me what is the best kernel for this FROYO, coz im install on SD card and i use Haret. please help me. thank you and sorry for my bad english:)
    Any issues with sending or receiving SMS messages? I left Android and went back to WinMo because I used to have issues not receving about 30% of my messages. This is making me want to come back.

Has anyone had problems not receiving all their messages? Does this issue even exist with Android anymore? Happened to me up until the builds around the start of September, since then I've been back to WinMo, but I hate it lol.

p.s. I send/receive about 1500-2000 SMS a month, so yeah, it caused quite a problem back then lol. Thanks again.
    Wow this release is fantastic! :O Simple as that! I have yet to discover stability problems, but for now its running faster than ever and still with power to spare..

I did, however, overclock my CPU and GPU with the 'Atools' and did some other tweaks too but im sure this is the best release i have tried yet, and i have tried quite a few ;)

Keep up the good work all devs out there!
    Did anybody solve DATA courruption problem (after installing apps they get erased) ?

Scoot kernel with a separate cache partition apears to have solved the issue. I'm running it for days on my workphone, no corruption, no reboots, no nothing. Its pretty good :)