How to get your MSL without calling Sprint, or CDMA Workshop or the MSL market app

Search This thread

crypt0kiddie

Jun 23, 2010
I wanted my MSL code to play around with some settings on my new Epic 4G Touch.

I've heard many times you can just call Sprint but I've never really had good luck with this. One time we got it for my friends phone after calling 4 times.

On my own EVO 4G, I used CDMA Workshop and then later there was an MSL app that came out on the market that pulled it too. Unfortunately, this MSL app does NOT seem to work on the Epic 4G Touch.

Someone told me an easier way to get it on this phone. I'm sorry I forgot who it was, it was burred in another thread somewhere on another forum. Anyhoo, it's super simple. I know this isn't anything new but people seem to still ask. Anyway here goes:

1. Download "Terminal Emulator" from the app market.
2. Open Terminal Emulator.
3. type in getprop ril.MSL (make sure the .MSL is capitalized)
4. Press enter and poof, you have your MSL code.

Again, not a new method, but people still ask. Not sure if it works on EVERY ROM, but I know it works on most of the custom ROM's.

Last edited:

andygallo

Apr 7, 2009
Good tip, but I wonder if this is just a Samsung deal. This method doesn't work on the LG or HTC handsets that I've tried in the past, but works great on my OG Epic and Epic Touch.

suffolk

Oct 28, 2010
Suffolk

I've heard many times you can just call Sprint but I've never really had good luck with this. One time we got it for my friends phone after calling 4 times.

I know this isn't anything new but people seem to still ask. Anyway here goes:

4. Press enter and poof, you have your MSL

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Tripp-phpBB

Mar 26, 2010
Summerfield
I found this in a guide a while back and saved it. Hope this helps some people, pretty simple as well. I've also ran the same thing on some HTC devices and it worked.

In CDMA Workshop - "Click the terminal tab enter this into command box: 41 74 64 77 61 6F 70 then click send. Now click the security tab and read SPC the current SPC should come up."

You can also try running "REQUESTNVITEMREAD SEC_CODE" in QXDM. May have to run "Password 01F2030F5F678FF9" first to unlock the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

On my own EVO 4G, I used CDMA Workshop and then later there was an MSL app that came out on the market that pulled it too. Unfortunately, this MSL app does NOT seem to work on the Epic 4G Touch.

Someone told me an easier way to get it on this phone. I'm sorry I forgot who it was, it was burred in another thread somewhere on another forum. Anyhoo, it's super simple. I know this isn't anything new but people seem to still ask. Anyway here goes:

4. Press enter and poof, you have your MSL code.

Again, not a new method, but people still ask. Not sure if it works on EVERY ROM, but I know it works on most of the custom ROM's.
    none of these methods work on my phone...i type in the getprop ril.MSL and hit enter and nothing happens :/

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1921045

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium