[Q] PARANOIDKANGDROID 2.01 MMS not Working

Search This thread
Feb 24, 2013
i Recently flashed my ATT samsung galaxy S3 to the Newest ParanoidKANGdroid ROM (2.01) and i Cant seem to receive MMS. Please Help. Tried Everything (almost everything) but im sure there's a fix out there. Help is EXTREMELY Appreciated. THANKS:good:

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie
i Recently flashed my ATT samsung galaxy S3 to the Newest ParanoidKANGdroid ROM (2.01) and i Cant seem to receive MMS. Please Help. Tried Everything (almost everything) but im sure there's a fix out there. Help is EXTREMELY Appreciated. THANKS:good:

Without know what "almost everything" there isn't much to suggest...

Can you send MMS?
Cab you make a call?
Did you clean flash?
Is it only on that ROM?
Is your imei still there?
Did you check your APN settings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: wordplaydopeaf
Feb 24, 2013

Can you send MMS?
Cab you make a call?
Did you clean flash?
Is it only on that ROM?

Just had to flash back to Stock since i couldn't quite get it right. I Could make calls, i checked my APN Settings and everything looked normal,my Imei was still there but i never tried sending MMS(although i knew i couldn't receive them). If i ever wanna flash back to this Rom(not sure if i did it right the first time) any good tips on how to do it correctly without having this problem again? Thanks.

cehf

Sep 18, 2011
San Diego
without knowing what caused the problem we can't tell you anything new to help you prevent it.

you're going to keep hearing "clean flash, full wipe, see if the problem's there still" because we don't know everything about your phone and what could be causing your problem, and a full wipe solves many problems.

sent from my i747 with xda-premium

Feb 24, 2013
without knowing what caused the problem we can't tell you anything new to help you prevent it.

you're going to keep hearing "clean flash, full wipe, see if the problem's there still" because we don't know everything about your phone and what could be causing your problem, and a full wipe solves many problems.

i Did a Full wipe. Flashed back to ParanoidKangDroid and problem still persists... what Vital information could i share to help me fix this?
i Personally LOVE this rom and would like to keep it but this MMS issue is definitely a problem. if Logcat is needed ill try to post one. Im still a little noobish so please bear with me.
**NOTE. Last night when i flashed it i was able to send and recieve mms. & now i Can't. This Also happened yesterday afternoon before i posted this thread. It seems like it only works when it wants to...

Last edited:

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie
i Did a Full wipe. Flashed back to ParanoidKangDroid and problem still persists... what Vital information could i share to help me fix this?
i Personally LOVE this rom and would like to keep it but this MMS issue is definitely a problem. if Logcat is needed ill try to post one. Im still a little noobish so please bear with me.
**NOTE. Last night when i flashed it i was able to send and recieve mms. & now i Can't. This Also happened yesterday afternoon before i posted this thread. It seems like it only works when it wants to...

Are you using a third party messaging app or the stock one?

Feb 24, 2013

i Used both ChompSMS and Stock messaging. As Of right now Everything appears to be working im Able to send and receive (FOR NOW, Atleast) ... Earlier i went into CWM and WIPED ALL DATA (Factory Reset and Dalvik Cache) and Rebooted my phone. Not sure if thats what got it to work... but usually the MMS stop working (from what ive noticed). Will continue testing Sending\Receiving mms throughout the day. Thanks. Ill be back if problem Re emerges.:good::D

***UPDATE. Spoke WAYYY too soon, Problem Persists -__-**

Seems like after i Got all my Apps setup and running MMS fails.. idk if im Correct but just an observation. I can Make Calls,Use data,receive/send SMS. but Cant send or Receive MMS.

Last edited:

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie
i Used both ChompSMS and Stock messaging. As Of right now Everything appears to be working im Able to send and receive (FOR NOW, Atleast) ... Earlier i went into CWM and WIPED ALL DATA (Factory Reset and Dalvik Cache) and Rebooted my phone. Not sure if thats what got it to work... but usually the MMS stop working (from what ive noticed). Will continue testing Sending\Receiving mms throughout the day. Thanks. Ill be back if problem Re emerges.:good::D

Seems like after i Got all my Apps setup and running MMS fails.. idk if im Correct but just an observation. I can Make Calls,Use data,receive/send SMS. but Cant send or Receive MMS.

This may sound tedious but I'd reinstall an app at a time and try to send a message. Something is interfering. Are you restoring through Google or titanium backup? Are you restoring system data if you are using titanium? That can cause problems...

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
you could try Settings > More > Mobile Networks > APN and choose Reset to default (which should be read off your sim). Restart your S3 and test your data connections.

i'm assuming you're not using straight talk or anything but at&t on your phone, correct? mms dont send over wifi

Feb 24, 2013
This may sound tedious but I'd reinstall an app at a time and try to send a message. Something is interfering. Are you restoring through Google or titanium backup? Are you restoring system data if you are using titanium? That can cause problems...

Ive been restoring through Google... Tedious but worth a Try. Thanks for that suggestion. Hopefully i can get to the bottom of this.. i Just went back to Stock. Will try again later when i have a more time to keep playing with it. hmmm i Wonder what could be interfering :confused:

Feb 24, 2013
you could try Settings > More > Mobile Networks > APN and choose Reset to default (which should be read off your sim). Restart your S3 and test your data connections.

i'm assuming you're not using straight talk or anything but at&t on your phone, correct? mms dont send over wifi

Correct. Ive messed around with the APN settings on previous installs (Reset to Default and Reboot) and the problem is still there... Might have to give it another try after i flash this rom again. Although there was an Occasion where i did that (Reset to Default and Reboot) and it worked but only for a short amount of time then MMS fails again.

Feb 24, 2013
Correct. Ive messed around with the APN settings on previous installs (Reset to Default and Reboot) and the problem is still there... Might have to give it another try after i flash this rom again. Although there was an Occasion where i did that (Reset to Default and Reboot) and it worked but only for a short amount of time then MMS fails again.

PROBLEM SOLVEDc:D:good: No longer having issues, Thanks for all the Help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Can you send MMS?
    Cab you make a call?
    Did you clean flash?
    Is it only on that ROM?