[Guide] How to unlock bootloader using flashtool for all Xperia [Noob Friendly]

Search This thread

ansebovi

hi guys this is just a guide to unlock bootloader easily by using flashtool on All Xperia
first I'm not responsible for bricked phone
remember there may be full data reset on unlocking bootloader
if want to unlock follow bellow step

Its Better to take TA BACKUP[so that you can relock your bootloader and claim your warranty] http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2292598

Download flashtool
: http://www.flashtool.net/download.php

Steps:
  1. First you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your device by checking the service menu. In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
  2. In your device, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
  3. go here http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/ and select your device and click continue
  4. now type your mail id..and tick agree the terms and condition on that page and click submit
  5. open your mail...see the mail from sony..it will have a link.. open it
  6. now open flashtool click BLU icon...and then connect your phone on flashmode by pressing and holding volume down button
    and after sometime it will show another window to unplug phone/..
  7. unplug phone.., press and hold volume up button[Fastboot Mode] and connect the phone to pc again
  8. now it will ask the code...
  9. copy the IMEI from flashtool and paste IMEI on the link you opened from mail and tick two agree the terms and condition and click submit
  10. now again open mail....Check your mail,it will receive a mail from Sony with key...
  11. copy the key code in ur mail and paste in flashtool...Then click Unlock..
  12. thats it ur phone gets unlocked and if it restarts...pull the battery out and flash the stock rom again...

[NOTE1:while unlocking if u got errors..close flashtool and open it]

[NOTE2:After you unlock bootloader.U cant flash other device roms on your device..it will hard brick your phone..please use kernels,Roms made for your device]

Credits:
@DevShaft for TA backup tool

Last edited:

sidrock622

Apr 23, 2013
Bangalore
hi guys this is just a guide to unlock bootloader easily by using flashtool on xperia m dual
if want to unlock follow bellow steps

steps
  1. First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your device by checking the service menu. In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
  2. In your device, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
  3. open this website http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/unlock/step1 and click yes till it shows to give ur details of name,imei,email address
  4. now give the details and give imei which is only the first 14digits leave the last digit...give the valid email since u will get your code in mail...
  5. now download the attachment C200X.rar then extract it to C:\Flashtool\devices\
    Eg:it should be C:\Flashtool\devices\C200x
  6. now open flashtool click BLU icon...and then connect your phone on flashmode by pressing and holding volume down button
  7. unplug phone.., press and hold volume up button and connect the phone to pc again
  8. now it will ask the code...copy the code in ur mail and paste ...
  9. thats it ur phone gets unlocked and it will automatically reboot...reboot will take time...
i m using xperia m dual using 15.2.A.1.12 stock for c2005
and flashed the stock kernel with cwm here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2484306

i unlocked several xperia devices this is my 1st dual sim mobile its given 2 imei no any 1 imei can i give to unlock bootloader??

zepllin

Oct 16, 2007
if i unlocke bootloader can i move data games or apps to sdcard
and is the storage problem solved ?????

Antrikos48

Oct 18, 2013
Nicosia
if i unlocke bootloader can i move data games or apps to sdcard
and is the storage problem solved ?????

Only root is required. You don't have to unlock the bootloader.

This message was brought to you by my Sony Xperia M (C1905), using the XDA app.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

You can't if you don't have a backup of YOUR TA partition.

zepllin

Oct 16, 2007
Only root is required. You don't have to unlock the bootloader.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

You can't if you don't have a backup of YOUR TA partition.

i rooted but not fix
i`m very sad because buy this phone :crying:

Antrikos48

Oct 18, 2013
Nicosia
i rooted but not fix
i`m very sad because buy this phone :crying:

Do you have full root?

This message was brought to you from my Sony Xperia M C1905 using the Tapatalk app.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

And how are you trying to transfer them? I swapped sd and Internal. Link2sd doesn't work for me.

This message was brought to you from my Sony Xperia M C1905 using the Tapatalk app.

zepllin

Oct 16, 2007
Do you have full root?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

And how are you trying to transfer them? I swapped sd and Internal. Link2sd doesn't work for me.

yes i full rooted the phone
link2sd dosen`t work and not installed
and swapped not`work in dual sim

Antrikos48

Oct 18, 2013
Nicosia
tnx
but i don`t know how to use folder mount ????

Mount each of the folders in Internal/Android/obb to the sdcard. The large files are saved there.
You can also try unlocking your bootloader or applying the definite reboot-remount fix to get link2sd to work.

This message was brought to you from my Sony Xperia M C1905 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: ansebovi

ansebovi

Mount each of the folders in Internal/Android/obb to the sdcard. The large files are saved there.
You can also try unlocking your bootloader or applying the definite reboot-remount fix to get link2sd to work.

tnx
but i don`t know how to use folder mount ????

GUYS link 2 sd works please reformat ur sd 2nd partition to fat32 and reboot phone then mount script in link2sd...it works..
then gl2sd works if u place obb in sdcard1/obb/
please see general or here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2490452
dont regret buying this phone..bcoz this is best phone if u know how to manage it and some help from xda...
i love xperia m dual...having 12gb of game obb,playing 15games like fifa14,gta,dungeon hunter 4,mordern combat 4,dead trigger 2,,...most nice is it never lag even for once..

Reactions: NelsonLegend

Antrikos48

Oct 18, 2013
Nicosia
GUYS link 2 sd works please reformat ur sd 2nd partition to fat32 and reboot phone then mount script in link2sd...it works..
then gl2sd works if u place obb in sdcard1/obb/
please see general or here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2490452
dont regret buying this phone..bcoz this is best phone if u know how to manage it and some help from xda...
i love xperia m dual...having 12gb of game obb,playing 15games like fifa14,gta,dungeon hunter 4,mordern combat 4,dead trigger 2,,...most nice is it never lag even for once..

Someone just confirmed link2sd works with ext3. Gl2sd works fine for obb, like foldermount.

Reactions: ansebovi

RAD7

May 19, 2012
Of all people Motorola who have been so far most developer unfriendly have now announced that they shall honor warranty for developer unlocked BL phones as well as for folks who had done earlier unlocked their BL.

Can anyone advise what is the timeline for receiving the BL unlock code from Sony? Also since it is my Dad's phone I am not gonna be unlocking the bootloader until warranty expires however to be safe I was thinking of getting and keeping in record the code from Sony in case they decide in near future to stop issuing unlock codes. My question is (if anyone can advise), is the warranty void only if I actually execute the unlock process using the received code or is it void even if I merely request and get the unlock code from Sony??

ansebovi

Of all people Motorola who have been so far most developer unfriendly have now announced that they shall honor warranty for developer unlocked BL phones as well as for folks who had done earlier unlocked their BL.

Can anyone advise what is the timeline for receiving the BL unlock code from Sony? Also since it is my Dad's phone I am not gonna be unlocking the bootloader until warranty expires however to be safe I was thinking of getting and keeping in record the code from Sony in case they decide in near future to stop issuing unlock codes. My question is (if anyone can advise), is the warranty void only if I actually execute the unlock process using the received code or is it void even if I merely request and get the unlock code from Sony??
what do u mean timeline?
they will give the code in a instant u give them ur imei number,..it will be sent to ur email account..
i think warranty only voids after u unlock the bootloader of phone...[receiving code wont void]

Hi, thank you it works, now how about CWM recovery for new firmware?
i can't find it.
thanks before:laugh:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2494793
here..

Reactions: RAD7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi guys this is just a guide to unlock bootloader easily by using flashtool on All Xperia
    if want to unlock follow bellow step

Its Better to take TA BACKUP[so that you can relock your bootloader and claim your warranty] http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2292598

Download flashtool
    : http://www.flashtool.net/download.php

Steps:
    1. First you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your device by checking the service menu. In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
    3. go here http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/ and select your device and click continue
    4. now type your mail id..and tick agree the terms and condition on that page and click submit
    5. open your mail...see the mail from sony..it will have a link.. open it
    7. unplug phone.., press and hold volume up button[Fastboot Mode] and connect the phone to pc again
    8. now it will ask the code...
    9. copy the IMEI from flashtool and paste IMEI on the link you opened from mail and tick two agree the terms and condition and click submit
    10. now again open mail....Check your mail,it will receive a mail from Sony with key...
    11. copy the key code in ur mail and paste in flashtool...Then click Unlock..
    12. thats it ur phone gets unlocked and if it restarts...pull the battery out and flash the stock rom again...

[NOTE1:while unlocking if u got errors..close flashtool and open it]

[NOTE2:After you unlock bootloader.U cant flash other device roms on your device..it will hard brick your phone..please use kernels,Roms made for your device]

Credits:
    @DevShaft for TA backup tool
    thanks for fast answer , where can i download it's stock rom! it was in 4.3 when i tried to unlock bootloader! should i flash 4.3 or i can flash 4.2.2:mad::silly:
    4.2.2 dual
    4.3 dual
    when i did this step it came to me this . so what i should do

You should copy the C200X.zip to C:/Flashtool/Devices...

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Please Feed me,

1. what functions/features will be gone if I unlock my bootloader?
    2. Will these functions/features work again if I relock my bootloader?

Thanks !

None of your features will be gone....but remember to backup your TA Partition......

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk 4
    i unlocked several xperia devices this is my 1st dual sim mobile its given 2 imei no any 1 imei can i give to unlock bootloader??

i dont know but i used 1st one
    same here.. i can't proceed with the unlock request cause I must verify I am not a robot... what the hell!!??

Try using other browsers. That worked for me, don't remember which though.