[Q] Samsung Epic Touch from TextNow Wireless

Search This thread

ObeyTheNoob

Nov 8, 2013
Hey! so i just got this phone from textnow wireless and they use sprint towers i believe.
https://www.textnow.com/wireless/device/2

Q: Will the rooting method still be the same ?
Q: Will rooting and installing a rom make the phone useless or i would just re-download the txtnow app ?

since its powered by textnow app calls and txt msgs go through the textnow app and not by the default txt/call app.

I'll appreciate any help! :)

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Hey! so i just got this phone from textnow wireless and they use sprint towers i believe.

Q: Will rooting and installing a rom make the phone useless or i would just re-download the txtnow app ?

since its powered by textnow app calls and txt msgs go through the textnow app and not by the default txt/call app.

Sounds the same as FreedomPop, yes the process will be the same and you can install ROMs with no problems

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Reactions: ObeyTheNoob

account3r2

Jan 15, 2014
Seattle
serversquared.org
Sounds like you've gotten everything you needed but I feel I should still point out, just for reference to you and anyone else - The phones from Enflick are the exact same as the original models from the carrier, the only thing added is the ad-free TextNow app from Enflick. Enflick even has them pre-rooted before they ship them to you. Or at least all 4 of mine were.

- sent via SPH-D710 Epic 4G Touch (16GB, black, rooted TouchWiz Android 4.1.2)

Reactions: ObeyTheNoob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sounds the same as FreedomPop, yes the process will be the same and you can install ROMs with no problems

Thanks Bro!

Sent from my SM-T210 using xda app-developers app

Yep just make sure you update your Profile and PRL in System Updates and install the app after flashing a ROM.

Sounds like you've gotten everything you needed but I feel I should still point out, just for reference to you and anyone else - The phones from Enflick are the exact same as the original models from the carrier, the only thing added is the ad-free TextNow app from Enflick. Enflick even has them pre-rooted before they ship them to you. Or at least all 4 of mine were.

- sent via SPH-D710 Epic 4G Touch (16GB, black, rooted TouchWiz Android 4.1.2)