How I can brick my galaxy nexus with an EMMC fried?

Search This thread

fracama87

Nov 22, 2011
Sony Xperia Z2
Android Wear
hi guys, I've probably fried the emmc on my phone...

I've tried everthing from recovery from toolkit and from odin (remains just fastboot I had not time yet) whatever I wipe or I flash on my phone doesn't matter all sticks there when I reboot (and my phone keep gooing in bootloop on cm logo)

So since it's unlocked I'm trying to find a way to brick definitely my phone, so I can take in warranty. :)

Anybody has suggestions to brick it??

Mineturtle33

Jan 15, 2013
Pull something off the motherboard. This may/may not work to get it replaced but will most definitely brick it.

Sent from my 2013 Kindle Fire HD

G

GuestK00426

@fracama87 Did you try omapflash?
Maybe try messing around with the headphone port

Last edited:

IRX120

May 28, 2012
Atlanta
Pull something off the motherboard. This may/may not work to get it replaced but will most definitely brick it.

Sent from my 2013 Kindle Fire HD

I woldnt advise that at all, on my nexus 7 2012 I was popping the back off and my screwdriver slipped and knocked a resistor off the motherboard (making my GPS not work). I accidentally erased my bootlader a few months later and when I sent it in to warrejty they rejected it due to "customor induced hardware damage".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mineturtle33

Jan 15, 2013
I woldnt advise that at all, on my nexus 7 2012 I was popping the back off and my screwdriver slipped and knocked a resistor off the motherboard (making my GPS not work). I accidentally erased my bootlader a few months later and when I sent it in to warrejty they rejected it due to "customor induced hardware damage".

Ok, don't do what I said. :silly:

fracama87

Nov 22, 2011
Sony Xperia Z2
Android Wear
@fracama87 Did you try omapflash?
Maybe try messing around with the headphone port

mmm omap i read is useful for restore bootloader or similar... but i've read is dangerous so maybe it could brick it definetely!
why headphone port?

Ok, don't do what I said. :silly:

yeah i thought the same... :( the solution should be find a way to delete/reset emmc...

G

GuestK00426

mmm omap i read is useful for restore bootloader or similar... but i've read is dangerous so maybe it could brick it definetely!
why headphone port?

yeah i thought the same... :( the solution should be find a way to delete/reset emmc...

My intention of suggesting omapflash was to unbrick your phone,not to brick it :p. And as for the headphone port,according to ifixit,the headphone port and speakers are easy to replace(http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Galaxy+Nexus+Teardown/7182)

brankoni33

May 3, 2009
hi guys, I've probably fried the emmc on my phone...

I've tried everthing from recovery from toolkit and from odin (remains just fastboot I had not time yet) whatever I wipe or I flash on my phone doesn't matter all sticks there when I reboot (and my phone keep gooing in bootloop on cm logo)

So since it's unlocked I'm trying to find a way to brick definitely my phone, so I can take in warranty. :)

Anybody has suggestions to brick it??
I have same problem,cannot flash to stock,how to solve this.Thanks in advance

fracama87

Nov 22, 2011
Sony Xperia Z2
Android Wear
My intention of suggesting omapflash was to unbrick your phone,not to brick it :p. And as for the headphone port,according to ifixit,the headphone port and speakers are easy to replace(http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Galaxy+Nexus+Teardown/7182)
I still don't understand why I should mess the headphone port... Iìll try omapflash in this weekend if I'll have time... in the meantime I got a moto g :(

I have same problem,cannot flash to stock,how to solve this.Thanks in advance

Eh nobody find a solution for the moment :(

G

GuestK00426

@fracama87 Then instead of the headphone port, try using omapflash. Enjoy your Moto G

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk