[Q] How do I update RUU 3.18?

Search This thread

bzgz

Dec 10, 2012
Hi there,

I know this might seem like a really dumb question, but I was wondering if someone can point me the way to updating my One XL to this firmware or whatever this is. I really wanna try the newer CM for the phone.

Thanks in advance!

bzgz

Dec 10, 2012
Man I would love to know what that means, but my friend helped me root my phone last year. How can I check whether s-off is enabled or not? If not, can you direct me somewhere I can do this?

Sorry for the super noob questions.

Thanks man

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Oh, I see. This is why I'm totally against people rooting phones for other people. Now you have an unlocked/rooted device but you have no idea what you're doing. You're gonna need to do a lot of learning. I need to see your bootloader details, to boot into the bootloader there are two methods.

With phone powered on
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), the button lights will start to flash, they will stop flashing and the screen will go blank, after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

With phone powered off
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

Please post the first five lines.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: redpoint73 and bzgz

bzgz

Dec 10, 2012
Thanks for the help man! Really appreciate it man!

EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.11.0000
RADIO-0.18as. 32. 09. 28L
OpenDSP-v28. 1. 0. 32. 0504
eMMC-boot

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
This is why I'm totally against people rooting phones for other people. Now you have an unlocked/rooted device but you have no idea what you're doing. You're gonna need to do a lot of learning.

Completely agree on these points. An owner with a modified device, that doesn't understand the basic concepts of what is modified is very dangerous for a variety of reasons.

This is one perfect example, if you had run the 3.18 RUU with S-on (which you have) and SuperCID (which you probably also have) would have instantly bricked the phone.

Its a very good thing you asked, before proceeding.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh, I see. This is why I'm totally against people rooting phones for other people. Now you have an unlocked/rooted device but you have no idea what you're doing. You're gonna need to do a lot of learning. I need to see your bootloader details, to boot into the bootloader there are two methods.

With phone powered on
    Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), the button lights will start to flash, they will stop flashing and the screen will go blank, after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

With phone powered off
    Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

Please post the first five lines.

Sent from my Evita
    You need s-off first, do you have s-off?

Sent from my Evita