[Q] How to disable "Swipe down from the top to exit full screen" message?

Search This thread

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
I keep getting this notification when I have various apps open. It doesn't happen with the offending apps on every occasion but I sure as heck would like to disable this obnoxious message permanently of possible. Currently unrooted running stock 4.4.2.

Attached screenshot is the Dynamic Notifications app, not the stock active display.

Sent from my Moto X

Last edited:

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
The screenshot

Sent from my Moto X

Attachments

• 1402111313510.jpg
    1402111313510.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 4,805

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Nope no Gravity Box. Not rooted.

Sent from my Moto X

Ah...

Ok, here is your answer:

Open Dynamic Notification, click advanced options. Now click advanced options in the drop down menu.

UNCHECK "Use Immersive mode"

The status bar will probably show, but problem solved. Its immersive mode that causes the message to appear.

Any app that uses immersive mode will trigger the pop-up.

Reactions: Jersey846

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
Ah...

Ok, here is your answer:

Open Dynamic Notification, click advanced options. Now click advanced options in the drop down menu.

The status bar will probably show, but problem solved. Its immersive mode that causes the message to appear.

Alright thanks. I did try that and it does remove the message, I was just hoping I could get the full screen experience out of it. I'm guessing this is the app's issue? Wish I could just disable hints completely. Don't need em. Thanks man

Sent from my Moto X

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Alright thanks. I did try that and it does remove the message, I was just hoping I could get the full screen experience out of it. I'm guessing this is the app's issue? Wish I could just disable hints completely. Don't need em. Thanks man

Sent from my Moto X

I don't think its the apps issue...more like a 'bug' in android. Not sure if I would even call it a bug...there just isn't any option anywhere to turn off the immersive mode "swipe down" messages. I imagine it was intentional....cause you just know that 10,000 people would call in to tech support saying they're stuck in full screen and can't get out.

I guess this is one advantage active display has over dynamic notification....that and power saving. AD doesn't actually wake your phone...one of the co-processors in the "X8" system is able to provide the notifications while sipping battery power.

Reactions: Jersey846

Jersey846

Jul 20, 2011
Washington DC
I don't think its the apps issue...more like a 'bug' in android. Not sure if I would even call it a bug...there just isn't any option anywhere to turn off the immersive mode "swipe down" messages. I imagine it was intentional....cause you just know that 10,000 people would call in to tech support saying they're stuck in full screen and can't get out.

I guess this is one advantage active display has over dynamic notification....that and power saving. AD doesn't actually wake your phone...one of the co-processors in the "X8" system is able to provide the notifications while sipping battery power.

I didn't know that about Active Display in respect to saving battery. Very cool! Might switch back. I was just used to Dynamic Notifications on my old phone.

UPDATE: Per your round-about recommendation I'm now using Active Display. Really like it! Guess I was quick on the trigger with disabling it and installing Dynamic Notifications when I first got the phone. I appreciate it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited:

Granny 22

Jun 12, 2015
Swipe down to exit full screen on xbmc box

Having recently acquired on xbmc box from my son ( he couldn't be bothered to set it up) I was extremely frustrated by the swipe message so I googled it & no one had the answer, so I purchased a wireless keyboard mouse, Bingo Fn+ mouse hover curser over OK & it's gone, if that doesn't work , re install & try again.

From granny aged 69 !!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope no Gravity Box. Not rooted.

Sent from my Moto X

Ah...

Ok, here is your answer:

Sent from my Moto X