[Q] M7 ROMS on M7UL?

Search This thread

ryan_chinzyt

Aug 26, 2014
Hi, I'm new to rooting androids, I'm using a HTC One 801s (M7_UL) from Singapore:

Is it possible to flash a ROM for M7 on my M7UL without causing any damage? I want to flash the new CM11 but my camera doesn't work and I suspect it is due to the fact that it was not updated since Jan 2014...

Radittsu

Apr 22, 2014
Hey mate, camera should work fine on cm11 but if you can't find a stable version of cm11 drop down to like the latest stable version of cm10. Also Android Revolution HD make some amazing roms they are mainly the same as the stock but come with xposed installer and rooted so you can customise the interface more. If you flash the roms correctly you won't damage your phone, just make sure you follow instructions. Google play edition Rom for m7 is average, I didn't like Google play edition myself as it was too plain and boring. Sense based ARHD roms I have found to be the best though. Google them :) hope I helped a bit

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

ARHD comes with Sense toolbox also which adds further customizations to the basic stock sense roms. Sense toolbox is the best. Just know that the HTC sense camera app is better than the ones you will get on stock android based roms and you will also lose BlinkFeed on those stock android roms. Check it out! :)

ryan_chinzyt

Aug 26, 2014
Hey mate, camera should work fine on cm11 but if you can't find a stable version of cm11 drop down to like the latest stable version of cm10. Also Android Revolution HD make some amazing roms they are mainly the same as the stock but come with xposed installer and rooted so you can customise the interface more. If you flash the roms correctly you won't damage your phone, just make sure you follow instructions. Google play edition Rom for m7 is average, I didn't like Google play edition myself as it was too plain and boring. Sense based ARHD roms I have found to be the best though. Google them :) hope I helped a bit

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

ARHD comes with Sense toolbox also which adds further customizations to the basic stock sense roms. Sense toolbox is the best. Just know that the HTC sense camera app is better than the ones you will get on stock android based roms and you will also lose BlinkFeed on those stock android roms. Check it out! :)

Thanks so much man! But my question still stands, if the ROMS I want have the m7 version but not the m7ul, can I still flash them safely?

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Thanks so much man! But my question still stands, if the ROMS I want have the m7 version but not the m7ul, can I still flash them safely?

Their are no M7 only roms on this forum, but before flashing anything you need to read the instructions and support list for each Rom you intend to flash, most of the guys on here have the M7_UL and a few with the M7_U however they still build there roms on the UL base, if you did happen to find one you wanted to use that was M7_U only then it would work but you would loose LTE functionality.

Radittsu

Apr 22, 2014
I've only installed roms that support my specific m7 model myself just to be safe. Thing is, to flash a Rom that's for a different model, you would most likely have to get s-off on your phone and change your phone's model id and perhaps cid before the phone will accept the Rom. Take for example, when I installed Google play edition, had to unlock bootloader, root, custom recovery, gain s-off, install a different hboot, change model id and cid before being able to flash the Rom, because if my model I'd didn't appear as GOOG then the flash would fail. What Rom were you after that doesn't support your current phone model?