Latest google update broke VPN?

Search This thread

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Is anyone able to to connect to any VPN server with the latest firmware update ?
It simply wont connect while it was connecting on the original firmware.

ScaredyCat

Jul 19, 2009
Suffolk
I have the same problem.

A vpn that was working fine before the update now wont work. It looks like the session is up for about a minute, and then closed by a TermReq from the N1 end but the N1 never completes the setup to start with.

SC

ScaredyCat

Jul 19, 2009
Suffolk
Ok,

I think I have a solution to this.

Code:
adb remount
adb shell chmod 755 /etc/ppp/ip-up-vpn

then try and reconnect

SC

JanetPanic

Oct 17, 2005
Rockville, MD
My original VPN configurations did not work after the upgrade. I created new VPN entries and deleted the old ones. The new entries appears to be working fine so far.

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Ok,

I think I have a solution to this.

Code:
adb remount
adb shell chmod 755 /etc/ppp/ip-up-vpn

then try and reconnect

SC

Thanks but still having the same issue. it will connect, stay connect for a minute or so and then the network connectivity will be gone (the VPN icon will show that VPN is still connected but in reality the connection died).
This has also been the case in the original phone firmware (prior to the upgrade).

ash99

Mar 17, 2006
www.MobileLinuxNews.com
Someone on Modaco did similar but with the follwing line:-

adb shell chmod 777 /etc/ppp/ip-up-vpn

I've lost the ability to connect via adb to mine from my mac for some reason, working on that !

EDIT : Just noticed you had this problem pre-upgrade. This fix is not going to resolve that. Back to VPN settings / compatability.

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
This indeed solved the problem of not being able to connect. thank you.
It did not however solved the issue where the VPN connection stops forwarding traffic after 1-2 minutes (without actually disconnecting).
It seems to randomly happen, more when connecting to the VPN server over wifi.
I checked the logs and could not find anything.
Anyone has any idea why is this happening? this VPN servers works well on my laptop and iPhone.