[Q] Help : Bootloader erased, Sensation is now bricked

Search This thread

shafez

Jul 12, 2005
Cairo
Dear all

As I was flashing the ICS Firmware file I changed my mind and pulled the sd-card out and instead of pushing the Vol Down to cancel I pushed the Vol up.

The phone then started to update without the SD-Card in, I suppose it was erasing everything and now the phone is dead.

No charging light, Nothing. It is not detected by the PC what ever I do.

Is there any possible way to re-flash the bootloader again?

Please Help, my phone is out of warranty.

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Dear all

As I was flashing the ICS Firmware file I changed my mind and pulled the sd-card out and instead of pushing the Vol Down to cancel I pushed the Vol up.

The phone then started to update without the SD-Card in, I suppose it was erasing everything and now the phone is dead.

No charging light, Nothing. It is not detected by the PC what ever I do.

Is there any possible way to re-flash the bootloader again?

Please Help, my phone is out of warranty.

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards

What you did was a very foolish thing, never flash firmware if you are unsure or even if you are, never ever pull sd card or battery out once it has started.

The only thing I can think of is try flashing an RUU. if not, u need to take it to a service center

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Does adb devices give you anything ?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA App

shafez

Jul 12, 2005
Cairo
Does adb devices give you anything ?

What you did was a very foolish thing, never flash firmware if you are unsure or even if you are, never ever pull sd card or battery out once it has started.

The only thing I can think of is try flashing an RUU. if not, u need to take it to a service center

I know it is a foolish thing to do and no it is not detected by ADB or the USB port.

I hope there is a way to fix this other than changing the main board.

Regards

dexter93

Jul 1, 2010
Well, since adb won't see it, the ruu wont either. Congrats, its a brick :D Just call HTC and tell them you were installing an ota update when it died... You might be lucky and have it repaired

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
Well, since adb won't see it, the ruu wont either. Congrats, its a brick :D Just call HTC and tell them you were installing an ota update when it died... You might be lucky and have it repaired

Don't know what possessed you to pull out the sd card when you could have just pressed down button. If it's completely bricked, chances are HTC will replace since they can't access anything to check your history.

shafez

Jul 12, 2005
Cairo

They will repair it for sure as it is not warranty covered and I will pay for it , But I wonder how much it will cost and which part they will change.

shafez

Jul 12, 2005
Cairo
Don't know what possessed you to pull out the sd card when you could have just pressed down button. If it's completely bricked, chances are HTC will replace since they can't access anything to check your history.

The phone is out of warranty. So they will likely change the main board if they can't flash a new boot loader.

dexter93

Jul 1, 2010
Is there no way to flash the boot loader again ?:(
Unfortunately not... At least not here... Maybe there's something reviving these chips in the super secret HTC repair centre

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Unfortunately not... At least not here... Maybe there's something reviving these chips in the super secret HTC repair centre

They have something simialer to the UART protocol hardware which essentially is used to force firmware/bootloader onto phone when it is bricked

shafez

Jul 12, 2005
Cairo
They have something simialer to the UART protocol hardware which essentially is used to force firmware/bootloader onto phone when it is bricked

Phone is now recognized as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008

What to do now?

Is there a way to flash the boot loader now?

Please Advice

sshede

Dec 30, 2011
Phone is now recognized as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008

What to do now?

Is there a way to flash the boot loader now?

Please Advice

Usually means it can only be repaired using special software not available to us. Always know 100% what you're doing when you do low-level flashes and never, ever change your mind about anything mid-flash.

HTC can flash it, but depending on how you explain the situation to them, it might cost some change.