[Q] Permanently uninstall netflix

Search This thread

4himarks

Apr 30, 2014
Laurel, MD
I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7" and it is running out of space. I uninstalled Netflix since I canceled the account and have no need for the app anymore, but I keep getting messages to update the app that I don't have any more! How do I get it to go away forever and stop bugging me?

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7" and it is running out of space. I uninstalled Netflix since I canceled the account and have no need for the app anymore, but I keep getting messages to update the app that I don't have any more! How do I get it to go away forever and stop bugging me?

Before you uninstalled, did you go into system>app find the Netflix app, force close it, then wipe data, then uninstall? If not that's most likely the issue. Have you tried wiping cache/dalvik?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

4himarks

Apr 30, 2014
Laurel, MD
Before you uninstalled, did you go into system>app find the Netflix app, force close it, then wipe data, then uninstall? If not that's most likely the issue. Have you tried wiping cache/dalvik?

I had no reason to think that I needed to do anything other than select "Uninstall" from the menu, so no. I don't think I ever used it on the device, so I had no reason to think there was any data to wipe. I have no idea what cache/dalvik is, where to find it, or how to "wipe" it, so no, I didn't try that, either.

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
I had no reason to think that I needed to do anything other than select "Uninstall" from the menu, so no. I don't think I ever used it on the device, so I had no reason to think there was any data to wipe. I have no idea what cache/dalvik is, where to find it, or how to "wipe" it, so no, I didn't try that, either.

Are you rooted? If not, re-download Netflix and follow the steps I laid out for uninstall. It makes sure there's no residual bits of info from the app. This is how I uninstall and never have these kinds of issues or deleted wakelock issues.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app