Finding the right ROM for me

Search This thread

liavo555

May 9, 2014
so what i really like in my stock 4.4.2 is the knock on /off and I tried CM 10.2 but sadly I noticed I dont have knock off...
I want a simple rom...I like how nexus clean version of android looks and feels..I want a minimalistic rom...

I really liked the option in the oneplus one to drow a pattern when the screen is of and activate a certian app if theres a rom wich include it ill like to hear(I guess maybe CM 11 but I havent tried it yet becuse its still in nightly version)

mdotcarter

Dec 9, 2013
I have a VS980, and I have flashed most of the ROMs available in the dev section for it. I don't believe that any AOSP-based ROM is going to have knock-off, so you would have to use one of the stock based (such as Malladus or XDABBEB). These in general aren't going to have minimalist look of AOSP based ROMs though.

Your other choice is to run an AOSP ROM with Xposed. I know that the Xposed GEL Settings module has an option to set double-tap to an action, though that may be a premium feature you have to donate to receive (which I recommend anyway, as it is an amazing module).

liavo555

May 9, 2014
I have a VS980, and I have flashed most of the ROMs available in the dev section for it. I don't believe that any AOSP-based ROM is going to have knock-off, so you would have to use one of the stock based (such as Malladus or XDABBEB). These in general aren't going to have minimalist look of AOSP based ROMs though.

Your other choice is to run an AOSP ROM with Xposed. I know that the Xposed GEL Settings module has an option to set double-tap to an action, though that may be a premium feature you have to donate to receive (which I recommend anyway, as it is an amazing module).

ill check the GEL module...what AOSP ROMs do you suggesting?

liavo555

May 9, 2014
I do have to donate to use the GEL sulotion...im sure im not the only one who dosent want to give up the KNOCK OFF but like the AOSP ROMs...can anyone give me a mod or Xposed module to get knock off on an AOSP ROM and of course suggest a ROM to try on...

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Redmi Note 10 Pro
[Change Log] Paranoid Android [AOSPA]

I do have to donate to use the GEL sulotion...im sure im not the only one who dosent want to give up the KNOCK OFF but like the AOSP ROMs...can anyone give me a mod or Xposed module to get knock off on an AOSP ROM and of course suggest a ROM to try on...

Paranoid Android has knock on + knock off (you have to use the notification bar; doesn't work anywhere else as far as I know).

The list of features is here: [Change Log] Paranoid Android [AOSPA]

Have fun!

Compass.

Reactions: mdotcarter

mdotcarter

Dec 9, 2013
Another option, if you're OK with using a launcher other than the GEL, is to install the Apex launcher. I believe it gives you desktop knock off in its free version.

Using this launcher, you can use any ROM you'd like, as long as it provides knock on. I think most ROMs for the G2 provide that.

liavo555

May 9, 2014
I think you should search for voice controlled apps and such. I don't know if Google Voice can help you.

Compass.

I meant I dont want to reach the notification bar...becuse the way the phone is set at my car I can reach the bottom half of the screen without streching....

anyway...Ive seen several mods that gives me full KNOCK OFF and I am currently looking for a clean AOSP style ROM to use...if someone have a link for a guide that teachs how to use 2 roms so I can test a new one without having to back up and stuff i'd love to get it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Change Log] Paranoid Android [AOSPA]

Paranoid Android has knock on + knock off (you have to use the notification bar; doesn't work anywhere else as far as I know).

The list of features is here: [Change Log] Paranoid Android [AOSPA]

Have fun!

Compass.