Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Launcher 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

DsturbD

Feb 27, 2012
Kannapolis, NC
i know, i know, this has probably been asked a million times, but i'm directing this to S3 users here in our little corner of the world, please don't hate :)

i've been using the holo launcher hd pro now for some time and i truly love the way it works. its smooth, elegant, doesnt get in the way, and best off all, gives me an AOSP look and feel when running a non-AOSP rom. i also use the holo locker as well. i use this launcher on both my S3 and my Xoom tablet

it seems to me that the holo launcher doesnt get enough respect. i see many a custom rom that includes nova or apex, but not holo (or even adw or go launchers for that matter).

when i search for "launcher" on the play store the first five results are in order GO, ADW, Nova, Apex, and Launcher 7, with Nova Prime and Apex Pro 6th and 7th.

Holo is on the first page of results, but is second from the bottom. hardly respectable if you ask me. there are themes that show up higher in that search

anyway, so lets keep it civil and not bash on each others choice of launcher. i just want to get a feel for how popular these launchers are on the S3 or do you prefer the stock TouchWiz interface?

let your voice be heard and vote above!

Reactions: Chefedogg

iwillkillyou

Aug 13, 2010
I use nova prime because of the folders in the app drawer. Go launcher is too heavy.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

RedJack117

Oct 19, 2012
North Brunswick, NJ
I'm debating on nova, next, or atom launcher.. I'm using nova atm and i love it but i love the visual features of next and atom is pretty sleek too

Sent from my morphed WICKED fast GSIII

koolboyztn

Sep 30, 2012
sOmE WhErE
I'm debating on nova, next, or atom launcher.. I'm using nova atm and i love it but i love the visual features of next and atom is pretty sleek too

Sent from my morphed WICKED fast GSIII

i tried Nova prime, alot of features but sometime is lagging for me, Next use too much power, Apex dont have alot of features like all the other once beside that very good

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium.
HiT tHaNk If i BeEn HeLpFuL.

Jose0726

Dec 30, 2011
P.R
jajaja ive tried them all..use to like golauncher but takes up to much ram.. nova lags to much when i add widgets on screen...next seems ok but you cant change icons on the ones that bring look awfull... atom is smooth but its not letting me add widgets only the one launcher brings...smart launcher is kinda boring...and action launchers is slow xD spb is to heavy to.... im using apex now... until i find another one to try out...lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

camacho.kyle

Jan 22, 2013
Waikele
I use the stock TouchWiz one, but when I root it I use LGUI3.0 It's so much better, and gives you alot more customization options than TouchWiz. I think TouchWiz is so bland... :rolleyes:

zeekx4

Aug 14, 2010
I was surprised to see that the default launcher with CM10 doesn't have a back-up function. I switched back to ADW because I was familiar with it from CM7. I also missed the infinite scroll feature that's available in ADW (and some of the others).

DsturbD

Feb 27, 2012
Kannapolis, NC
jajaja ive tried them all..use to like golauncher but takes up to much ram.. nova lags to much when i add widgets on screen...next seems ok but you cant change icons on the ones that bring look awfull... atom is smooth but its not letting me add widgets only the one launcher brings...smart launcher is kinda boring...and action launchers is slow xD spb is to heavy to.... im using apex now... until i find another one to try out...lol

have you tried holo launcher at all? i just did a test and it does use about 59mg of ram where as apex shows as cached and ready when you need it, so from that, it seems that apex is much lighter on resources, but i still really love holo, you should try it

I was surprised to see that the default launcher with CM10 doesn't have a back-up function. I switched back to ADW because I was familiar with it from CM7. I also missed the infinite scroll feature that's available in ADW (and some of the others).

i should have added trebuchet to the list. it has a lot more than it used to

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
I used touchwiz for a while it was ok, then I tried atom launcher it was good and smooth except app drawer laggs little bit now using the latest sony home launcher from the xperia Z really smooth and packed whit good widgets..

Top Liked Posts