[MOD][XPOSED][4.0+] Keepchat - Save your Snapchats automatically!

Search This thread

sturmen

Jun 18, 2010
Boston, MA
sturmen.mp
THIS PROJECT IS NOW HELMED BY STAMMLER.

CHECK OUT HIS NEW THREAD!

I (sturmen) AM NO LONGER INVOLVED.

Original post preserved for posterity.

I heard that saurik had finally brought Cydia Substrate to Android, and I used it to whip up with this tweak. However, since Substrate isn't compatible with my phone, I ported it over to the Xposed Framework by rovo89. And now I present it to all of you!

GKsu5NR.png
KEEPCHATa mod for Snapchat

Features:
  • Hooks into the Snapchat application; just install and go
  • Saves both images and videos
  • Toast popups to notify you of success
  • Open Source
  • Free!

Installation:
  1. Install Xposed Framework
  2. Install Keepchat
  3. Enable Keepchat in Xposed
  4. Reboot Phone
  5. Use Snapchat as normal
  6. Find your saved Snaps in /sdcard/keepchat/

IMPORTANT NOTE: While Keepchat is enabled, all Snaps you view will be marked as SCREENSHOTTED! I figured it was only fair to the people sending you Snaps. If you don't like it, Keepchat is open source.

If you do choose to compile your own version of my app, I ask you not share it. It is, for lack of a better term, "unauthorized." You may only freely distribute the APK attached to this post. Any derivatives of this app that I do not sanction are considered warez.

Speaking of the source code, you can find it here.

I hope you like my little tweak. I welcome any questions or comments, and I'll be happy to explain any of the code. I tried to explain what I was doing as I went along, but I'm sure I missed something.

If you're interested, here's a guide to get you started with building your own Xposed Modules:

1. Install Eclipse+ADT.
  2. Get a project using git (such as mine).
  3. Make sure you've imported the necessary libraries as defined in the Xposed Documentation.
  4. Export your APK and install on your phone!
These instructions rely on Eclipse because it is mature and supported by the Xposed developer. As Android Studio steps out of alpha I'm sure it will be picked up and integrated here.

Attachments

• KeepchatXposed-1.0.apk
    245.5 KB · Views: 23,886
Last edited:

azsde

Nov 21, 2012
Yay good work :D

Just wondering, where's the line we need to edit in your code ? I'm not familiar at all with android compilation yet.

Thanks in advance :victory:

A[L]C

May 9, 2011
Description Resource Path Location Type
Project 'KeepchatXposed' is missing required library: '\XposedLibrary\XposedBridgeApi.jar' KeepchatXposed Build path Build Path Problem

how do I get past this? and which line :D

do we remove this?

findAndHookMethod("com.snapchat.android.model.ReceivedSnap", lpparam.classLoader, "wasScreenshotted", new XC_MethodReplacement() {

Last edited:

maltedbarley

Jan 28, 2012
Project 'KeepchatXposed' is missing required library: '\XposedLibrary\XposedBridgeApi.jar' KeepchatXposed Build path Build Path Problem

do we remove this?

findAndHookMethod("com.snapchat.android.model.ReceivedSnap", lpparam.classLoader, "wasScreenshotted", new XC_MethodReplacement() {

I found the XposedBridgeApi.jar online and it fixed that error. Go to configure build path and under libraries where the error is, click edit and find the appropriate .jar you downloaded.

That isn't the line I changed either for successful results.

picarito

Feb 10, 2012
Screenshots Anyone. still did not understand what dis does

You istall this and activate it in framework modules and then reboot and when someone sends u a pic on snap chat it automaticly saves the pic on a folder in your SD card

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369418947742.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369418947742.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 6,036

azsde

Nov 21, 2012
You istall this and activate it in framework modules and then reboot and when someone sends u a pic on snap chat it automaticly saves the pic on a folder in your SD card

Exactly, but be aware that they'll be notified for each pic that is saved.

sturmen

Jun 18, 2010
Boston, MA
sturmen.mp
Has anyone found how to remove that line so it doesn't show up as screenshot?

Pushed a change that might help you find it. I ask you don't redistribute the changed APK: basically, the whole idea here is for other people to learn, which is why I'm making them do work. "Teach a man to fish" and all that. :angel:

maltedbarley

Jan 28, 2012
Pushed a change that might help you find it. I ask you don't redistribute the changed APK: basically, the whole idea here is for other people to learn, which is why I'm making them do work. "Teach a man to fish" and all that. :angel:

That's exactly right. Thank you so much for doing that, I learned so much making the changes! Stuff that I have wanted to learn for a while but haven't. Thanks again!!

jackpot08

Jul 7, 2011
Awesome! If anyone figures out how to edit it without notifying please post it!

Thansk

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Pekempy

do we remove this?

I found the XposedBridgeApi.jar online and it fixed that error. Go to configure build path and under libraries where the error is, click edit and find the appropriate .jar you downloaded.

That isn't the line I changed either for successful results.

I can confirm this. I have successfully disabled the screenshot notification as well.

Has anyone found how to remove that line so it doesn't show up as screenshot?

Yes, it's quite simple if you understand how the code works.

Awesome! If anyone figures out how to edit it without notifying please post it!

Thansk

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, OP has requested that we don't distribute the APK/say how to do it if we've worked it out.

azsde

Nov 21, 2012
Ok so iI found what line to edit, now all i have to do is find a tut explaining how am i supposed to compile an apk :good:

Edit : I downloaded Android Studio and imported your project, but whenever i try to compile, i have an error saying java: package de.robv.android.xposed does not exist, i'm a begginer in android dev, so I went to the Xposed thread but i didn't find the instructions on how to install it ... Any help ? :(

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Pekempy

Ok so iI found what line to edit, now all i have to do is find a tut explaining how am i supposed to compile an apk :good:

Edit : I downloaded Android Studio and imported your project, but whenever i try to compile, i have an error saying java: package de.robv.android.xposed does not exist, i'm a begginer in android dev, so I went to the Xposed thread but i didn't find the instructions on how to install it ... Any help ? :(

Thanks in advance

I used Eclipse to compile it. Take a look into setting up eclipse for android apps.

Sent from my Bayer MB525 running Mint 4.1.1 and using the XDA Premium app.

azsde

Nov 21, 2012
I used Eclipse to compile it. Take a look into setting up eclipse for android apps.

Sent from my Bayer MB525 running Mint 4.1.1 and using the XDA Premium app.

I succeeded with Android Studio, i was using the wrong Xposed jar file, everything works perfectly now :)

Reactions: Pekempy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS PROJECT IS NOW HELMED BY STAMMLER.

CHECK OUT HIS NEW THREAD!

I (sturmen) AM NO LONGER INVOLVED.

Original post preserved for posterity.

I heard that saurik had finally brought Cydia Substrate to Android, and I used it to whip up with this tweak. However, since Substrate isn't compatible with my phone, I ported it over to the Xposed Framework by rovo89. And now I present it to all of you!

GKsu5NR.png
    KEEPCHATa mod for Snapchat

Features:
    • Hooks into the Snapchat application; just install and go
    • Saves both images and videos
    • Toast popups to notify you of success
    • Open Source
    • Free!

Installation:
    1. Install Xposed Framework
    2. Install Keepchat
    3. Enable Keepchat in Xposed
    4. Reboot Phone
    5. Use Snapchat as normal
    6. Find your saved Snaps in /sdcard/keepchat/

IMPORTANT NOTE: While Keepchat is enabled, all Snaps you view will be marked as SCREENSHOTTED! I figured it was only fair to the people sending you Snaps. If you don't like it, Keepchat is open source.

If you do choose to compile your own version of my app, I ask you not share it. It is, for lack of a better term, "unauthorized." You may only freely distribute the APK attached to this post. Any derivatives of this app that I do not sanction are considered warez.

Speaking of the source code, you can find it here.

I hope you like my little tweak. I welcome any questions or comments, and I'll be happy to explain any of the code. I tried to explain what I was doing as I went along, but I'm sure I missed something.

If you're interested, here's a guide to get you started with building your own Xposed Modules:

1. Install Eclipse+ADT.
    2. Get a project using git (such as mine).
    3. Make sure you've imported the necessary libraries as defined in the Xposed Documentation.
    4. Export your APK and install on your phone!
    These instructions rely on Eclipse because it is mature and supported by the Xposed developer. As Android Studio steps out of alpha I'm sure it will be picked up and integrated here.
    right so using apk_oneclick I can decompile, disassemble and change the "false" ;) the only thing is when I rebuild it changes back to original, but I've been having so much trouble with it being such a novice at all of this side of things its took me from 1am to 10am before I decided to ask for help -_-

How can I help? The basic steps are as follows:
    1. Set up a build environment
    2. Import the project using git (different for Eclipse and Android Studio)
    3. Include the XposedApi.jar file
    4. Export the APK

After getting it into Android Studio, and changing the line I assume it is I compile as a signed APK but I get this error

I have literally never done anything like this before, I also downloaded ExposedBridgeApi.jar but I have no idea what to do with that.

Edit: I have tried for several hours, and I give up. I think it's unfair that you force people, who have no prior coding experience or interest to do this.

I give you a fully functional version that requires no effort to use, for free, that I coded during what spare time I have when I'm not working for my living. If you have "no interest to do this", then may I ask: what are you interested in?

But, in order to fix your problem, you need to add XposedBridgeApi.jar as an external library. The error you got was, in essence, that the system was unable to find XposedBridgeApi.jar. To do this, go to "Project Structure" in the file menu, then to Libraries under Project Settings, then click the + button and add XposedBridgeApi.jar.
    releasing proper non-reporting version of Keepchat 1.3

I had a chat with sturmen and we agreed to finally release the non-reporting version of Keepchat ;) A few people got motivated to dive into Xposed and app development, which is great, but now there are many "unofficial" releases floating around where you don't really know what you get... (malware'n'stuff)

So feel released from the pain :p Here is
    Silent Version 1.3

Because sturmen transferred the project to me, we agreed that it probably makes sense that I open a new thread for further discussions and releases. I'll do that soon... enjoy!
    I'm ashamed at the people that are giving this apk out. Very disrespectful to the OP.
    No more pm's I've given it to enough people.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 4 Beta