Return to factory stock Sense 5 OTA

Search This thread

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
UNZIP this to extract rom.zip in ur adb folder for Sense 5 OTA. Backup all important files to PC. This will wipe everything.
. Thanks to ruu's for ruu rom.zip was extracted from.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319196129

and run in fastboot

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip
fastboot reboot

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JeffBea

Oct 11, 2010
Delaware, OH
Any prerequisites for this to run? The other version floating around I was having problems with. Thanks for your hard work MicroMod

jerryatherton

Sep 22, 2012
I have been brought to my knees on this. Evidently I cannot get the PC (WIN7) to see the pho9ne in adb or fastboot. I actually had it in fastboot for awhile last night but not adb. I uninstalled htc sync and reinstalled, updated my sdk, then I turned everything off.

This morning I cant get it to see in adb or fastboot. The problem is that I am doing this on my company work laptop and I really shouldn't be.

So this morning I loaded the sdk into one of my windows 8 machines and I have the same thing.

When I connect the usb cable I hear the notification sound, htc sync comes up (but it says it cant connect),and autoplay comes up. I can see it under computer. When I look at the device manager I do not see it.
I have tried several cables.

Currently I am downloading Superstock 2.07, I really liked that, but I like blinkfeed also.

Thanks

mopartonyg

Jan 19, 2011
L.A. Area
I have been brought to my knees on this. Evidently I cannot get the PC (WIN7) to see the pho9ne in adb or fastboot. I actually had it in fastboot for awhile last night but not adb. I uninstalled htc sync and reinstalled, updated my sdk, then I turned everything off.

This morning I cant get it to see in adb or fastboot. The problem is that I am doing this on my company work laptop and I really shouldn't be.

So this morning I loaded the sdk into one of my windows 8 machines and I have the same thing.

When I connect the usb cable I hear the notification sound, htc sync comes up (but it says it cant connect),and autoplay comes up. I can see it under computer. When I look at the device manager I do not see it.

Currently I am downloading Superstock 2.07, I really liked that, but I like blinkfeed also.

Thanks
Hey Jerry don't feel so bad, I worked for a whole week to get my windows 8 pc to see my phone. I always had adb but not fastboo, always said usb device not recognized. its the drivers that are not updated. don't take it personal. I finally gave up and dual booted Linux mint and now have adb and fastboot. the only problem is that ruu would not run. but now that micro made the new zip it should work ok.

Reactions: jerryatherton

jerryatherton

Sep 22, 2012
Hey Jerry don't feel so bad, I worked for a whole week to get my windows 8 pc to see my phone. I always had adb but not fastboo, always said usb device not recognized. its the drivers that are not updated. don't take it personal. I finally gave up and dual booted Linux mint and now have adb and fastboot. the only problem is that ruu would not run. but now that micro made the new zip it should work ok.

I made one of my personal Win8 machines into a dual boot with Ubuntu, but I really do not know how to muse it. I did download the sdk, that is about it. Congrats on your success. hehe

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor

Thanks

U need USB drivers. Go here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2232799

IcyAgitator

Aug 13, 2013
Mcmurdo Station
Unzip this in ur adb folder for Sense 5 OTA. Backup all important files to PC. This will wipe everything.
. Thanks to ruu's.

and run in fastboot

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot reboot

Previously, if I needed to return to a stock firmware for any reason I would need to run the 1.15 ruu.exe

Is this ota all I need to flash from fastboot? Is this zip the full ruu but in a zip form instead of *.exe?

I hope all that made sense LOL

Thanks

Reactions: MicroMod777

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Previously, if I needed to return to a stock firmware for any reason I would need to run the 1.15 ruu.exe

Is this ota all I need to flash from fastboot? Is this zip the full ruu but in a zip form instead of *.exe?

I hope all that made sense LOL

Thanks

Yes, this was taken out of ruu.

Reactions: IcyAgitator

jerryatherton

Sep 22, 2012
and run in fastboot

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot reboot

OK I couldn't give up. I did the first step and it will not take the second line. It says it cannot open rom.zip

My phone has the black screen with the hTc

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I am downloading the file again. Is that the same zip file of the ROM?
Can i copy that from my other computer and just rename it?

Can i just reboot and flash the new ROM

Is the recovery in there?
:\SDK>fastboot oem rebootRUU
(bootloader) Start Verify: 0
OKAY [ 0.050s]
finished. total time: 0.088s

C:\SDK>fastboot flash zip rom.zip
sending 'zip' (920285 KB)...
OKAY [ 33.368s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) rom parsing start ...
(bootloader) rom parsing finish ...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
FAILED (remote: 22 loading zip info fail)
finished. total time: 39.578s

Last edited:

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
and run in fastboot

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot reboot

OK I couldn't give up. I did the first step and it will not take the second line. It says it cannot open rom.zip

My phone has the black screen with the hTc

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I am downloading the file again. Is that the same zip file of the ROM?
Can i copy that from my other computer and just rename it?

Can i just reboot and flash the new ROM

Is the recovery in there?
:\SDK>fastboot oem rebootRUU
(bootloader) Start Verify: 0
OKAY [ 0.050s]
finished. total time: 0.088s

C:\SDK>fastboot flash zip rom.zip
sending 'zip' (920285 KB)...
OKAY [ 33.368s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) rom parsing start ...
(bootloader) rom parsing finish ...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
FAILED (remote: 22 loading zip info fail)
finished. total time: 39.578s

Unzip downloaded file. Its in fist post. There will be proper ROM zip.

jerryatherton

Sep 22, 2012
Fails same place every time'. Remote: 22 loading zip info fail. 3 different downloads.

Looking at the ROM.zip size in properties it say size 898 MB (942,372,268 bytes). Size on disk : 942,374,912

I don't know if that means anything

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Fails same place every time'. Remote: 22 loading zip info fail. 3 different downloads.

Looking at the ROM.zip size in properties it say size 898 MB (942,372,268 bytes). Size on disk : 942,374,912

I don't know if that means anything

Did u extract the rom.zip out of the original zip? If u didn't this will not work. U cannot rename the download.

jerryatherton

Sep 22, 2012
Last edited:

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Extracted into my file where fastboot and adb were located. I also tried to run torrented s' hboot reset to original. It ran without error but my honor is still 1.33. So I am sure I am doing something wrong.
Really starting to like your super digital sense 4.5.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium HD app

Not sure why it won't work. Anybody else besides me get this to work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could you please upload that firmware.zip ? it can be useful to update my phone

Hopefully somebody can mirror these.

There are two.

From the 1st small OTA package:

http://goatse.fef.net:8088/firmware1.zip

And from the 2nd larger OTA package:

http://goatse.fef.net:8088/firmware2.zip

I'm not totally sure you need the first one, but I did it anyways.

So what I did:

fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip firmware1.zip
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip firmware2.zip
    fastboot flash zip firmware2.zip
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    <run new RUU now>

You HAVE to flash the 2nd zip twice (it'll tell you to, to update hboot). I'm not sure you really have to reboot after each one, but I figured that's what the OTA does, so...

I've done those with both of my DNAs, and it seems to have worked.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Okay, I got them mirrored here:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319197766
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319197767
    UNZIP this to extract rom.zip in ur adb folder for Sense 5 OTA. Backup all important files to PC. This will wipe everything.
    . Thanks to ruu's for ruu rom.zip was extracted from.

and run in fastboot

fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot reboot

I FINALLY got this to work! I kept getting the same error 22 before. Finally I found a .zip of the OTA (the 2nd bigger one, not the first small one) and extracted the firmware.zip from it. I then flashed that firmware.zip in RUU mode, rebooted the phone, THEN when back to RUU mode and flashed this rom.zip. It worked perfectly this time!

Thanks
    Will using this remove my s-off?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

No