[Rogers] KitKat - wait or flash?

Search This thread

thedosbox

Mar 19, 2011
What are those of you with a Rogers Moto X doing given they still haven't released KitKat?

I know their forum has a post indicating it's "coming soon", but attempts to get more information in the Moto X section just result in nonsense responses from someone who doesn't even own a Moto X.

My concern with flashing the developer edition ROM is the loss of warranty and lack of Band 7 LTE support. However, I'd be tempted if the latter is not an issue.

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
I'm not with Rogers but I am using Rogers Moto X's. I have unlocked the bootloaders on all of my phones and flashed the 4.4 dev edition/retail/tmobile firmware and then flashed the kitkat 4.4 Brazil modem file(this will give you the newest modem file and enable band 7 LTE). Performance is excellent, if you don't mind the warranty issue then I'd highly recommend it.

thedosbox

Mar 19, 2011
I'm not with Rogers but I am using Rogers Moto X's. I have unlocked the bootloaders on all of my phones and flashed the 4.4 dev edition/retail/tmobile firmware and then flashed the kitkat 4.4 Brazil modem file(this will give you the newest modem file and enable band 7 LTE). Performance is excellent, if you don't mind the warranty issue then I'd highly recommend it.

Hmm, interesting. Wouldn't flashing the Brazil modem affect future DE OTA updates?

[edit] Ugh, it seems that the Brazilian model doesn't support LTE Band 1 (which Rogers uses):

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49460615&postcount=15

Last edited: