RDF Discussion Thread for Sprint Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900)

Search This thread

ac16313

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
For those of you who remember it Cas8180 put together an awesome tool forever ago for us on the E4GT. The app is called RDF Finder and is freaking awesome! He's put together a bunch of updates for us and has asked me to post it for him.

It now supports additional devices (N2 and S3) and the search parameters have been expanded.

http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Misc Files/RDF Finder

Enjoy!

Cool reminds me of the tool someone created for the OG Epic RDF pages

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
I wonder how long it will be before sprint releases the update. I just got my Note 2 and hooe they update it like the S3 lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

jefbal99

Aug 26, 2010
With the E4GT, the RDF name was a date code, has anyone figured out what the alpha numeric combo for the L900 is yet?

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6
With the E4GT, the RDF name was a date code, has anyone figured out what the alpha numeric combo for the L900 is yet?

Lk8
L=2012
K=11=nov
8=8th day

Ma5
M=2013
A=1=jan
5=5th

That's what I assume anyways

sigpic2757720_7.gif

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well.... I have it on good authority MJ7 is 4.3.
    Don't have proof yet but based on another nugget for another device it also very likely has the Gear support.

And while also speculation I'm putting money that's our next OTA and it's coming probably in the next 3 weeks.
    That timeframe is based on one simple fact - They need the Gear support before Black Friday.
    They'll also want to do it with enough time to support things before the holidays approach.
    For those who want it I've now got the MA7 update.zip on my Repo page.

http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/Samsung Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900)/OTA Updates

Enjoy!
    Since I love to tease

uploadfromtaptalk1360134821163.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Well, the regular sources have confirmed 4.2.2 is in development for this and Sprint S3 at the moment. No build IDs yet, just knowledge that they're working on it. But based on recent updates, including the S4, I'm not confident we'll see anything until they are ready to release it. Let's hope I'm wrong.
    This was done over on the Samsung Galaxy S2/E4GT threads by my good friend Febby. I did some digging and discovered we didn't have anything like it over here on the Galaxy Note 2 threads.

Being the RDF junkie that I am I thought it might be fun to start a thread over here.

For those of you who don't know what an RDF is... RDF stands for "Resource Description Framework". In non-geek terms an RDF is essentially a specification sheet that details what the finished product will be. In this case the product itself is already out but any time there is a software revision it results in a build number change. Each build number has an associated RDF.

Before we get too much further, you MUST use Internet Explorer to view an RDF. For whatever reason they ONLY display correctly in Internet Explorer.

You can almost always view the most recent RDF by entering http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-L900/latest in Internet Explorer. *Generally the only time you don't see the latest RDF on here is when it's a potential OTA.

I will try to maintain this thread with the direct links to each RDF as they come out. I will use Post #2 to keep a history of some of our older RDF's. If I miss one don't be afraid to point it out! :)

Enjoy!