M919N upgrade to KitKat

Search This thread
I have an unlocked MetroPCS M919N and I have flashed a stock T-Mobile 4.3 tar on the device. It works great, everything is good right down to wifi.

It fails when I try to take ota KitKat update. It gives me message about update available and downloads the update, reboots to install then says it failed and is reverting back. I was rooted with towelroot & supersu the first time. I unrooted, uninstalled SuperSU and towelroot and tried again and it still failed.

What would be my best way to get KitKat on this unit. I don't believe it has been officially released for MetroPCS(919N) but I want the tmobile version anyways.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Flash the NB4 firmware with Odin (I recommend Fenny's fixed firmware). Although I don't recommend cross flashing firmwares, it will work if this is what you want.. You can also flash a t-mobile KitKat ROM without having to flash firmware

Flash the NB4 firmware with Odin (I recommend Fenny's fixed firmware). Although I don't recommend cross flashing firmwares, it will work if this is what you want.. You can also flash a t-mobile KitKat ROM without having to flash firmware

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. However I don't actually consider this cross flashing as the hardware is exactly the same for M919N. I tried factory reset and ota update again and still got this...

e3p8nPf.png

...so in case anyone is wondering, I decided to try Kies and it worked like a champ. I'm now on fully functional NB4 on my M919N using T-Mobile. Still Knox 0x0, sim unlocked but not yet re-rooted. :)

fKRlvjI.png