( Discussion ) Bootloader Unlock / DRM Keys

Search This thread

favod

Apr 19, 2014
probably a stupid question but......

hi i have checked my bootloader and it says 'bootloader unlock allowed:no' :mad: what i was wondering is other than selling the handset and getting a new one is there a way past this so i can install clockwork mod ? im finding the phone a little on the quiet side and want to flash something i found to make it so the phone uses both speaks for ringtones etc

i have been able to root the handset but before i try and unlock the bootloader and find myself running into a brick wall with it i wondered if anyone knows some sort of work around or if im completely screwed lol

thanks in advance :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:

kamalmawa

Sep 24, 2010
Melbourne
hi i have checked my bootloader and it says 'bootloader unlock allowed:no' :mad: what i was wondering is other than selling the handset and getting a new one is there a way past this so i can install clockwork mod ? im finding the phone a little on the quiet side and want to flash something i found to make it so the phone uses both speaks for ringtones etc

i have been able to root the handset but before i try and unlock the bootloader and find myself running into a brick wall with it i wondered if anyone knows some sort of work around or if im completely screwed lol

thanks in advance :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:
Dual recovery for locked bootloaders. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785598

Reactions: manu44

alfa_156

Sep 13, 2008
drm

Hi all I want to do a trivial question.
DRM once that opens the bl xperia z2 tablet can no longer get stuck when the bl?

freekzak

Oct 6, 2014
X Reality on/off gives the same results ! :(

I am on unlocked BL on a z2 with 17.1.A.2.69 to test the X Reality. When X Reality is enabled I take a photo or screenshot , again when is disabled , still ... I can't see differences between the photos or screenshots. I remember the quality of the photos before I unlock the BL was very good even when I used zoom in 3-4 levels. The photos I take now do not have the same quality but of course are decent enough. If anybody can say that X Reality is working properly please tell also the version of the firmware. I AM TALKING ABOUT Z2 (D6503) and NOT OTHER MODELS. Oh and by the way I am on both mac and windows systems and I can manage things on a mac properly. If anybody needs help with Yosemite the are tricks who can fix known problems , so let me know.

ppaphyo

Feb 18, 2012
႔Yesterday, i bought to my friend for new Z2. I also used Z2 but my z2 is already bootloader unlocked. Yesterday i compared of my Z2 with bootloader unlock & new z2 bootloader lock, Camera quality is better than of mine. In Album, photo quality is better than my z2 & X-Reality is good to working. My unlock z2 is not working that of point. So, i think DRM key is depend on those point.

Isley_

Mar 11, 2014
Well I unlocked my bootloader and when I turn on and turn off X Reality I don't see any difference, and I think that OTA updates are lost.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HI XDA,

As we all know at present there is no exploit to root while the boot loader is locked and hence do the TA Backup and save the DRM keys. Now, considering the predecessor Z1, many people are of a view wherein if we unlock the bootloader then DRM keys would be lost and some functions like Xreality and etc wont work.

But, on the 4.4.2 Z1 firmware DRM keys are not lost if we unlock the B/L.( Correct me if I am wrong ).

So, The main confusion now is the following.

* Per Some users who have U/L their bootloader, They mentioned that everything is working fine including Xreality and all DRM keys are intact if they check it via *#*#7378423#*#* on phone keypad -> service tests -> verifiy certificates -> media -> Certificates

* Per some users DRM Keys are lost as in Z1

Now, Considering that there is NO ETA as to when a exploit would be discovered to root without u/l boot-loader.What I want to suggest is that probably we can request our friends who have already unlocked the bootloader to check if DRM keys are lost or not and if genuinely all the features like xreality BIONZ are wroking.

I am not sure who we can do that. So, lets please work on this and possibly all of us who are waiting to ROOT this awesome beast put an end to our patience.
    Or maybe *#*#7378423#*#*
    Service tests
    Security
    Then look on a first three lines.
    Thats great so iguess we are on a conclusion that DRM Keys are lost when we unlock the B/L.

DRM keys and Warrnety/garentee (other asorted items of sorts)

Unlocking your bootloader does nothing besides the above

X-reality still works along with all xperia services, the same applies for all 4.4 xperias

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Figured I'd humour you and post what all is in my "Media" section. Unlocked bootloader, btw. I'm going to assume this means I'm missing the keys? And I marked out the Thumbprint stuff, cause that looked somewhat private.

3utHKm6.png

I have the same. Same subject, same 6 packages. Bootloader unlocked on an unlocked Z2

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Thanxs Guys.

I am on a Locked Bootloader and I have the exact same things as mentioned by you..

Now if some could shed some light on some other way to verify the fact that DRM keys are lost or not.
    My only question is if we lose quality on the sony camera and google camera. I dont care a lot about x-reality

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

No quality loss. :)

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk