Official AOKP ~Discussion Thread~

Search This thread

sbell7105

Jan 16, 2011
Denver
I'm still on 515-003. I'm thinking of moving to 519 as well. Don't care about lack of speakerphone. But I understand voice input also does not work. Can I get a confirmation?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah voice input is not working on 519. the only thing I'd like it for is shazam. The ROM is totally worth these small bugs IMHO

Reactions: granduke

yoft1

Feb 15, 2012
I'm still on 515-003. I'm thinking of moving to 519 as well. Don't care about lack of speakerphone. But I understand voice input also does not work. Can I get a confirmation?

That's correct, that means no voice dictation, hey tell, or any other service requiring you to speak to your phone other than a phone call.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Reactions: granduke

granduke

Mar 1, 2009
519 has been my dd for a few days and no complaints. Voice input doesn't work unless you are a using bluetooth headset.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Wonder if using the headset that came with the phone would allow voice input on 519 besides bt.

granduke

Mar 1, 2009
Hmm, disappointing.
But think I'll still go with 519.

Been holding off but I think the last build whitehawkx actively worked was 521. Since then he's just blind building with cm's new commits.
Also was waiting for eugene to release but he's been getting quieter on the subject recently.

K

Killbynature

Hmm, disappointing.
But think I'll still go with 519.

Been holding off but I think the last build whitehawkx actively worked was 521. Since then he's just blind building with cm's new commits.
Also was waiting for eugene to release but he's been getting quieter on the subject recently.

I wouldn't be surprised is eugene was working on improving since i think he is the only one with the device. He is most likely adding commits to the hercules branch and the skyrocket as well. When its ready it will most likely be stable and fully operational.

krackers

Oct 20, 2010
Out of all the selfkangs, which one is the most stable and has the most stuff working (call echo, speaker phone, audio input etc.)

granduke

Mar 1, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised is eugene was working on improving since i think he is the only one with the device. He is most likely adding commits to the hercules branch and the skyrocket as well. When its ready it will most likely be stable and fully operational.

One thing I'm wondering,
It was alluded to, or at least I was led to believe, that 521 included eugene's (non-working) echo fix. If so, wonder if he still working on it.

K

Killbynature

Whitehawk just got the galaxy s2 again.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338235141566.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338235141566.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 566

expl0it4

Oct 29, 2011
Lockport, IL
Looking forward to an update. I was running 5/13 all was fine besides the obvious issues, and a random reboot once every day or two that would bootloop until I long pressed power. Have been running CM9 with no random reboots.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm baaAAaAaaaAAaaaaAacK!!!
    Just added hercules to the official AOKP build list. Every time a new AOKP build is released you can find it for hercules on http://aokp.co/index.php/releases.

Huzzah!
    Wonder if this is a linaro build..

Of course. ;)
    just tried that, doesnt work and i friggin want this theme lol, it says "this theme was improperly compiled and cannot be applied.

That randomly happens with themes sometimes. The way to fix is change back to the "system" theme, reboot, then apply the new theme and it should work np.

Also, uploading build 0621 now. Changes included:

~some audio changes (no idea if pandora is fixed, I no longer have this phone)
    ~SNEAK PEAK AT UPCOMING FEATURES
    - Weather panel on lockscreen
    - Weather panel on pulldown shows when it was last updated
    - DRM blobs included so Hulu Plus should now work (this might have been in previous update...)
    - NFC polling (settings > more...)
    - NEW ACHROMATIC THEME BY KWES1020
    ~ not final version as it still needs tweaking - will be included in AOKP in the future.

EDIT: new build is up!
    Reboot fix has been merged into AOKP. Thanks again Eugene. ^^