[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][1-7-12][WIP] ics-deck-e3d [alpha7]

Search This thread

cloak.n.dagger

Dec 25, 2010
http://d-h.st/heO

Gapps built in.

Edit: sonofa! :) You're quick dagger

LOL! Guess were were on the same wavelength!

I flashed PB9 over the top of PB8, which was flashed over the top of PB7. I haven't seen any reboots with PB9 yet and it's been running for several hours. I did charge the phone up also, but wasn't using it while it was charging. So far everything seems to be working fine for me. My PB9 does not have the Ubuntu kernel that Deck is showing on his twitter page, mine has TiaTwisted kernel.

ch1naski

Jun 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Been running this all day, on boot manager. Typing as I charge the phone. Flashed over pb7. Kernel is the tiatwisted.

Little laggy and some freezing now and then, but I attribute that to running ics on boot manager, not the ROM.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

kMogs17

Nov 8, 2010
Minnesota
Google Pixel 6 Pro
is there a changelog somewhere for pb8/9? havent run twisted's rom for a while so i wouldnt really know whats changed just by flashing. im going to flash anyway but it would be nice to have some info

kMogs17

Nov 8, 2010
Minnesota
Google Pixel 6 Pro
chrome doesnt work in pb9. please fix this chrome is my favorite browser. is this because hardware accel is not working? or is hardware accel working?
BTW im running chads twisted ics kernel because the stock kernel wont boot for me. is it a kernel issue?

Last edited:

luis4ever

Apr 16, 2009
Salamanca
chrome doesnt work in pb9. please fix this chrome is my favorite browser. is this because hardware accel is not working? or is hardware accel working?
BTW im running chads twisted ics kernel because the stock kernel wont boot for me. is it a kernel issue?

HW accel is over 85% maybe 90%. If you want to run Chrome just uninstall the app, go to play store and download it again.

Reactions: kMogs17

cloak.n.dagger

Dec 25, 2010
PB9 just went south on me. I was downloading an app from Amazon App store while playing freecell game and the phone got really hot then rebooted. It would boot into the OS then reboot again. I had to pull battery and reboot and things seem back to normal for now. Just thought I'd report what I saw.

B-rye785

Oct 20, 2011
PB9 just went south on me. I was downloading an app from Amazon App store while playing freecell game and the phone got really hot then rebooted. It would boot into the OS then reboot again. I had to pull battery and reboot and things seem back to normal for now. Just thought I'd report what I saw.

+1 Same. Thought I was good then it started rebooting over and over. Anyone else? I might re-dl and flash again if others aren't having problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    will be back shortly as it seems xda handled things in a respectful manner.

-deck
    updated adreno libs, built in gapps, updated display and media code, nova launcher for stock for now. this wasnt supposed to be public.

-deck
    how do you guys mount?

I usually start with a nice dinner, maybe a backrub

O_O
    I BETA test for Team Nocturnal and several others, I flash my 3D at least two to three times a week {see below} . Always helping the community as much as possible providing feedback, not complaining, to help make our ROM's as good as possible....

I have to say as someone who's been flashing ROM's and a whole lot of Beta's over the past year and a half, I have to ask...

WHY IS THIS AN ALPHA? This ROM particularly #7 has been pretty phenomenal thus far, giving me no force closes, no random reboots and very little issues. I haven't kept a ROM on my phone longer than 3 days as I give all the ROMS I flash 3 days to give an accurate update to the teams/dev's I test for, a complete accurate (follow up) as to any and all problems I have encountered.

You've honestly done a pretty damn good job here with this ROM I am quite impressed, and In all honesty, this should be a Beta, not an Alpha at all.

In my days with this ROM all I have issues with are the norm; Camera, 4G not working and Sprint HotSpot is screwy. Again nothing "major"...

I'd move the next update to a Beta, because the more people who take the time to flash this and run it for a few days continuously (and aren't afraid of to flash this due to the classification as an "Alpha", the more and better quality feedback you'll get as to what's actually non working)

Fantastic job thus far, I'm enjoying this rom a great deal and I must say as an EVO 3D owner like the rest of us, I can't imagine having this ROM, OFFICIALLY from Sprint/HTC/Google on my phone.... with working 4G, 3D and Camera... This will be one hell of a fantastic update on such a wickedly entertaining phone.

p.s. My battery is at 14 hours with 34% battery life left, and I am a very heavy user of my phone. I sat on it playing Madden for nearly 3 hours, continuously.

Anyone who's not flashed THIS rom, I suggest you take the dive and do so, the rest of us can testify that when this is all said and done, it's going to be EPIC.

Kudos again man, you've done great work here and if you'd like me to Beta anything for you, shoot me a PM.
    http://dev-host.org/6u7e9xf3vzgx/ics-deck-e3d-alpha8.zip

there it is :) enjoy guys!!!!

and thanks for the thanks :)