[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

siberian85

Nov 8, 2009
Orange
What was specific set up you are talking about BC did not work on secured wifi since I flashed ics

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
It was a while back but if memory serves me right wpa algorithm, I think if I used combined gave me issues. But I honestly don't remember.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

MadNosf

Oct 15, 2010
Is anyone else having GPS issues on 3.3? I have flashed it twice.. I had a perfect GPS on 3.2

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

Jan 18, 2011
Anybody else having issues with messages?

It will randomly just stop letting me type, the autopredict will populate choices as I try to add characters but the message box will not take the choices or entered characters until I close the entire thing out, and go back in. Happens on my phone and my gf's. Seems to happen about every 4 or 5 messages or if you try to type one in reply after opening from the notification screen.

Reactions: kdaniels1986

prbassplayer

Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Anybody else having issues with messages?

It will randomly just stop letting me type, the autopredict will populate choices as I try to add characters but the message box will not take the choices or entered characters until I close the entire thing out, and go back in. Happens on my phone and my gf's. Seems to happen about every 4 or 5 messages or if you try to type one in reply after opening from the notification screen.

Happens when you lock the screen with the app open. Don't lock with that app open or hit back and re choose conversation. Its happening on all sgs devices.

Reactions: kdaniels1986

jonen

Jan 11, 2011
Does no one else have the mms issue?? or has everyone downloaded different sms/mms apps..

i can send myself an mms picture just fine but a picture message from anyone else gives me a box with the play button in it that just shows the text when pressed

ast32

Mar 24, 2012
Seattle
Great job again. Are you campaigning for donations at all? I'd like to see you rewarded greatly for all the daily interaction with us online. If only more corporate OS devs were built like you man.

RoxAbout

Sep 13, 2010
Climax, Ks.
MMS Fix

Does no one else have the mms issue?? or has everyone downloaded different sms/mms apps..

i can send myself an mms picture just fine but a picture message from anyone else gives me a box with the play button in it that just shows the text when pressed

1] settings / more / wireless & networks
a] select mobile networks..network operators..verify proper provider..select
b] select access point names..make sure its not simple!

Hit back button...home..optionally reboot

Be sure to click Thanks button!

Enjoy should be all fixed now :)

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

OTA Patch: Go to http://slimroms.com for details, info and d/l link

BTW link on OP #1 = http://slimroms.webs.com/ bad link

Thought you would like to know

:)

samsungleak

Sep 23, 2010
hey guys! i just flashed this yesterday and so far so good i like it alot. great thanks for this nice rom its almost perfect

Only few things come to mind which might be alreasy explained and i might be asking stupid questions:

1. Is there a way to change resolutions in Camera? If possible to install some custom camera app and change settings there or is this general ICS bug? I dont need effects tough, i just want to switch aspect ratios and resolution if possible.

2. My wifi signal is abit worse then before on GB, is this because of radio or kernel? Are there any suggestions for radio \kernels to improve WIFI ?

3. Is there a way to make a call using slide on contact like it was in GB roms? I got used to goin to call list and then just sliding left or right to make call \ sms

Thanks for answers!

prbassplayer

Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
BTW link on OP #1 = http://slimroms.webs.com/ bad link

Thought you would like to know

:)

No its not

hey guys! i just flashed this yesterday and so far so good i like it alot. great thanks for this nice rom its almost perfect

Only few things come to mind which might be alreasy explained and i might be asking stupid questions:

1. Is there a way to change resolutions in Camera? If possible to install some custom camera app and change settings there or is this general ICS bug? I dont need effects tough, i just want to switch aspect ratios and resolution if possible.

2. My wifi signal is abit worse then before on GB, is this because of radio or kernel? Are there any suggestions for radio \kernels to improve WIFI ?

3. Is there a way to make a call using slide on contact like it was in GB roms? I got used to goin to call list and then just sliding left or right to make call \ sms

Thanks for answers!

1) Not possible on Slim stock app

2)No one can tell you wich kernel/modem setting will make signal better. Best you can do is experiment that for yourself.

3)That's a TW feature. Unless you find a TW launcher working on ICS then no.

eservant

Aug 31, 2010
Va Beach
Google Pixel 7

Thanks for answers!

I was having the same issue myself in earlier builds, starting with 3.2 I reflashed my modem after flashing the Base and Essentials, and for the most part I haven't any problems since.

xtone

Oct 1, 2010
Diamond Bar, CA
[MOD] Honeycomb Ripple Lockscreen

Flash thru CWM
Reboot
Cheers

PS. added bonus I did my best to take out those orange GB residues. :D

Attachments

• HC_RIPPLE_vibrant.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2012-04-19-07-48-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-19-07-48-46.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: samdroid959
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.