<< GUIDE & Q/A AOSP LTE Issues US / Canada >>

Search This thread

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
Are you having issues with LTE on an AOSP ROM? Look here for information, and post any questions you may have about the subject.

First, we need to debunk the carrier's explanation of 4g. The carriers will explain to you that if it says 4g on the stock ROM you are using LTE. That is NOT true, 4g on the stock ROM is actually H, or H+, which is technically 3.5g, and not LTE. The stock ROM displays LTE as 4g LTE

So the first thing you need to do is make SURE you are in a location that has LTE coverage. Go to your carrier's website and verify with their coverage map

Coverage Maps:

AT&T
Rogers
Bell
Telus

AOSP based ROMs display your true network connectivity as follows:

G = GPRS
E = EDGE
3g = 3g
H = HSDPA / HSPA
H+ = HSDPA+ / HSPA+
4g = LTE

For Canadian users, you MUST verify LTE / GSM / WCDMA is selected.

The Dialer Code is *#*#DATA*#*# (or *#*#4636#*#*). You will enter the Data Programming menu, to set it.

Here is an app that will access the menu for you:

LTEOnOFF

Reported ROMs the settings stick on reboot:

CM10
SlimBean
AOKP

Now you have to verify you are using the correct LTE APN settings, and if not, add it.
You can access your APNs by "System Settings => More => Mobile networks => Access Point Names"

Here are the LTE settings for ALL US and Canadian carriers:

AT&T

Name: ATT PTA
APN: pta
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Auth: none
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri

Rogers

APN - ltemobile.apn
Proxy - <not set>
Port - <not set>
Username- <Not set>
Passwors - <not set>
Server < not set>
MMSC - http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS - proxy 10.128.1.69
MMS - Port 80
MMS protocol - Wap 2.0 or Blank
MCC - 302
MNC - 720
Aythentication type - < not set>
APN type - either "*" or "internet + mms" Should work

Bell

APN: pda.bell.ca
Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
Port:80
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
MMS Port: 80
MCC:302
MNC: 610
Authentication Type: Not set
APN Type: Not set

Telus

NAME: TELUS SP
APN: sp.telus.com
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc
MMS Proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: not set
APN Type: default,mms,hipri
Bearer: unspecified

Alaska Communications (ACS)
2 APNs

Data APN:

Name: ACS Data
APN: web.acs
MCC 311 (Default)
MNC 370 (Default)
APN type: “default,supl” or “*”

MMS APN:

Name: ACS MMS
APN: mms.acs
MMSC: http://mmsc.gci.csky.us:6672
MMS proxy: 209.4.229.92
MMS port: 9201
MCC 311 (Default)
MNC 370 (Default)
APN type: mms

Or the easiest way to do it would be just to edit the two current (GCI) APNs and change in the APN where ‘gci’ is listed to ‘acs’.

-Frozen

Fido

apn: ltemobile.apn
mmsc: http://mms.fido.ca
mms proxy: 204.151.11.13
mms port: 80
mcc: 370
apn type: internet +mms

Last edited:

Deoxlar

Dec 19, 2009
My lte wasn't working when I flashed to cm10 yesterday. I did the steps you stated, deleted all other apn other than the rogerslte one and restarted my phone. It has been working since then.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
My lte wasn't working when I flashed to cm10 yesterday. I did the steps you stated, deleted all other apn other than the rogerslte one and restarted my phone. It has been working since then.

Carrier? could you post your settings for help with the guide? If they look exactly the same, just say theyre the same...

Deoxlar

Dec 19, 2009
I'm with Rogers, everything is the same except for the mms protocol. I left mine blank instead of Wap 2.0

I believe cm10 sometimes resets some settings back to default if you don't reboot after changing a setting. But I'm not 100percent sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtoZ0to9

thracky

Apr 23, 2008
Mississauga
I'd like to mention that the LTE / GSM / WCDMA selection does not revert after every reboot on any Canadian S3 that I know of with CM10, and has never done so to my knowledge. If this is happening in other AOSP ROMs, it is a ROM specific problem.

The setting does revert to the default after a data wipe though.

Last edited:

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
I've been using Slimbean 2.6 and 2.7 for several weeks now and can confirm LTE is sticking. However I certainly don't think I'm getting the as high a LTE connectivity rate as with the stock rom.

There's so many factors that can contribute to that... too ambiguous to T/S.... It's a trial and error thing... Location, network traffic, and the modem you're currently running...

Reactions: Babydollll

finneginsfast

Mar 6, 2011
BC
There's so many factors that can contribute to that... too ambiguous to T/S.... It's a trial and error thing... Location, network traffic, and the modem you're currently running...
This is definitely true. Only way I can tell though with a degree of certainty is with a network monitoring app and the fact that I've got pretty standard area of operation.

I've been running kyanrom though for the past couple days and I'm back to getting a much higher degree of LTE connections. I guess while I'm at it, I can also confirm that LTE is sticking with kyanrom also.

Frozen Cryptid

Oct 22, 2012
Alaska
APNs for Alaska Communications (ACS)

Alaska Communications (ACS), 2 APNs

Change Network Mode to LTE/GSM/WCDMA

Data APN:

MCC 311 (Default)
MNC 370 (Default)

MMS APN:

MMSC: hxxp://mmsc.gci.csky.us:6672
MCC 311 (Default)
MNC 370 (Default)

Or the easiest way to do it would be just to edit the two current (GCI) APNs and change in the APN where ‘gci’ is listed to ‘acs’.

Change hxxp to http.

-Frozen

Papaniz

Jan 1, 2011
Hello,

having LTE issues (Not getting LTE) with Task & Ktoonsez AOKP rom, I have it set to LTE/GSM (PRL) mode (*#*#4636#*#* menu) and when I go into settings>More>Mobile Networks>Network Mode, I have it set to: LTE/GSM/WCDMA mode, and all I get is H and H+ still. I have the LTE APN and have it selected, and still no luck. I had a SIM replacement from Virgin Mobile, but it didn't do any good. When I put it on LTE only mode I lose connection to my carrier. So I keep it on LTE/GSM mode, but still getting no LTE. Anything I can do to fix this? Thanks. It used to work when I had Team Insomnia's Jellybean rom, I had 4g but got no where near LTE speeds. Would this be a Virgin Mobile problem?

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
Hello,

having LTE issues (Not getting LTE) with Task & Ktoonsez AOKP rom, I have it set to LTE/GSM (PRL) mode (*#*#4636#*#* menu) and when I go into settings>More>Mobile Networks>Network Mode, I have it set to: LTE/GSM/WCDMA mode, and all I get is H and H+ still. I have the LTE APN and have it selected, and still no luck. I had a SIM replacement from Virgin Mobile, but it didn't do any good. When I put it on LTE only mode I lose connection to my carrier. So I keep it on LTE/GSM mode, but still getting no LTE. Anything I can do to fix this? Thanks. It used to work when I had Team Insomnia's Jellybean rom, I had 4g but got no where near LTE speeds. Would this be a Virgin Mobile problem?

When you were on the TouchWiz ROM did it only say 4g and not 4g LTE? It would say 4g LTE in a TouchWiz ROM... You may not be in an LTE area...

Papaniz

Jan 1, 2011
When you were on the TouchWiz ROM did it only say 4g and not 4g LTE? It would say 4g LTE in a TouchWiz ROM... You may not be in an LTE area...

Oh it only had 4G on it. I did check the map for Virgin and yeah I am in an LTE area. I don't know it may be a Virgin Mobile issue.

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
Oh it only had 4G on it. I did check the map for Virgin and yeah I am in an LTE area. I don't know it may be a Virgin Mobile issue.

If it only had 4G on it you were never getting lte in the first place... Might wanna call them.. . Do u mind posting your apn settings for the op?

Not sent from your phone...

Papaniz

Jan 1, 2011
If it only had 4G on it you were never getting lte in the first place... Might wanna call them.. . Do u mind posting your apn settings for the op?

Not sent from your phone...

Sure..

Name: Bell LTE
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: Not Set
APN Protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

EDIT: I think I got it, I am on a Virgin Mobile Supertab (From old phone still being paid off) and changed from that older phone, that didn't have LTE, to the S3 , I went into my Virgin Mobile "My Account' and it showed my phones it only listed the HTC Legend I had few months ago, but not the S3 itself, and beside it saying this device runs on a HSPA+ network. I'm getting this fixed on Monday so I'll see what happens then. If somebody can do it sooner though if they have the same issue with Virgin Mobile/Bell, that would be great too. The system I guess still thinks that I have the HTC Legend which doesn't run LTE.

Last edited:

IUH1991

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa
Anybody on the Bell network having signal problems while running AOKP? I can't seem to get my phone to run LTE and my signal drops randomly. I've wiped, fixed permissions, enabled the proper settings and still nothing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you having issues with LTE on an AOSP ROM? Look here for information, and post any questions you may have about the subject.

First, we need to debunk the carrier's explanation of 4g. The carriers will explain to you that if it says 4g on the stock ROM you are using LTE. That is NOT true, 4g on the stock ROM is actually H, or H+, which is technically 3.5g, and not LTE. The stock ROM displays LTE as 4g LTE

So the first thing you need to do is make SURE you are in a location that has LTE coverage. Go to your carrier's website and verify with their coverage map

Coverage Maps:

AT&T
    Rogers
    Bell
    Telus

AOSP based ROMs display your true network connectivity as follows:

G = GPRS
    E = EDGE
    3g = 3g
    H = HSDPA / HSPA
    H+ = HSDPA+ / HSPA+
    4g = LTE

For Canadian users, you MUST verify LTE / GSM / WCDMA is selected.

The Dialer Code is *#*#DATA*#*# (or *#*#4636#*#*). You will enter the Data Programming menu, to set it.

Here is an app that will access the menu for you:

LTEOnOFF

Reported ROMs the settings stick on reboot:

CM10
    SlimBean
    AOKP

Now you have to verify you are using the correct LTE APN settings, and if not, add it.
    You can access your APNs by "System Settings => More => Mobile networks => Access Point Names"

Here are the LTE settings for ALL US and Canadian carriers:

AT&T

Name: ATT PTA
    APN: pta
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Auth: none
    APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri

Rogers

APN - ltemobile.apn
    Proxy - <not set>
    Port - <not set>
    Username- <Not set>
    Passwors - <not set>
    Server < not set>
    MMSC - http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
    MMS - proxy 10.128.1.69
    MMS - Port 80
    MMS protocol - Wap 2.0 or Blank
    MCC - 302
    MNC - 720
    Aythentication type - < not set>
    APN type - either "*" or "internet + mms" Should work

Bell

Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MCC:302
    Authentication Type: Not set
    APN Type: Not set

Telus

NAME: TELUS SP
    APN: sp.telus.com
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc
    MMS Proxy: 74.49.0.18
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
    MNC: 220
    Authentication type: not set
    APN Type: default,mms,hipri
    Bearer: unspecified

Alaska Communications (ACS)
    2 APNs

Data APN:

MCC 311 (Default)
    MNC 370 (Default)

MMS APN:

MMSC: http://mmsc.gci.csky.us:6672
    MCC 311 (Default)
    MNC 370 (Default)

-Frozen

Fido

apn: ltemobile.apn
    mmsc: http://mms.fido.ca
    mms proxy: 204.151.11.13
    mms port: 80
    mcc: 370
    apn type: internet +mms
    reserved for god

Carrier? could you post your settings for help with the guide? If they look exactly the same, just say theyre the same...
    I'm with Rogers, everything is the same except for the mms protocol. I left mine blank instead of Wap 2.0

fixed, thx
    Could users of other AOSP ROMs comment on does it stick on reboot?