[Q] [HELP] Samsung galaxy tab 2 battery problem

Search This thread

lokesh.3440

Apr 24, 2012
Shimla
I installed PAC(KitKat, latest nightly) on my GT-N7000(Galaxy Note) which has 778mb available RAM, and I get around 380mb used after clearing recents, and 355-ish after the phone has been at rest for some time. Mind you I haven't got too many apps installed which have background services, though. But I'd still say it's good RAM management.
But as for what you should do, I think you should take @iamashwin's advice...He knows what he's talking about. :cool:

I also suggested the same thing(to use stock rom) if you have read my post carefully.
:) :) :)

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

abuyussuf4

Mar 17, 2014
Hi !
I'm ac tua ly running cm 10.1.3 . Everything ils well but when i try to inwtall a new kernek agni ! My tablet won't load after reboot ans showing cm icon ! I want agni kernek because my my tablet RAM increased from 769 to 879 or nearly that ! Andy suggestion

Root Wizard

Mar 27, 2014
In recovery, do factory reset and data wipe. Should help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The Dork Knight Rises

Mar 20, 2014
Mumbai
samriddhabasu.github.io
Hi !
I'm ac tua ly running cm 10.1.3 . Everything ils well but when i try to inwtall a new kernek agni ! My tablet won't load after reboot ans showing cm icon ! I want agni kernek because my my tablet RAM increased from 769 to 879 or nearly that ! Andy suggestion

In recovery, do factory reset and data wipe. Should help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

As my friend @AA1973 once told me, a full wipe is a last resort option...'last exit Brooklyn' ;)
But yeah, it should solve kernel-flashing problems...and since you can't boot, it's probably your best option now...:good:

lokesh.3440

Apr 24, 2012
Shimla
Hi !

Follow these steps , so that it will not cause bootloop :
1) reboot into recovery
2) do not wipe anything otherwise you will loose all your installed apps(if any) as you have cm 10.1.3 already installed
3) flash cm 10.1.3
4) flash gapps
5) flash agni kernel that is for android 4.2.2 not cm 11
https://mega.co.nz/#F!gQMyXR6T!kADthK9YWzcQjck1MrxL1g,,, use this link and download for p3100/p311x
6) wipe cache and dalvik cache now

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's what a senior member said :
    "Borther. I would like to quote one thing first of all; all kitkat based ROMs are battery suckers. So you will not get good battery backup as you might have.........bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla lb..............age of ram at rest ?! You install pac rom kitkat or lower version ? What about battery , did it drain too fast ?!
    And how did you install it please !? Am running sg tab 2 p3110 with SuperSU root and the latest version of philz as a custom recovery

I have a p3110 with latest philz recovery and dual booting pac 4.4.2 and Stock 4.2.2 with Next blackhawk kernel
    OCed at 1.2GHz and both data and cache formated to F2FS and
    1) I have no Lag on both the roms(primary and secondary)
    2)1% loss of battery from night to day(9:30 pm to 5:26 am)
    3)Play modern combat with no glitch

so i suggest you to do that!! :)
    Thanks for being always here to here . As I told you I'm an amateur and I don't know how to install it . I'm also afraid from Ram usage of this rom ! My brother have a samsung galaxy s4 with 4.3 android and its ram usage is 700mb while it is stable and in galaxy tab 2 I only have 769mb ! So would I have such a ram usage if I Install this rom ?

Bro stock rom is know to have battery issues and ram leaks as it has a lot of apps and unwanted files (commonly called as bloatware )
    1st i noticed tha tu have 769mb ram so you are still in stock kernel (i guess) first flash a new recovery from here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51314025&postcount=296 next flash Slim Rom(u can use any rom but as the name suggest it is verry fast and smoot and also hasa good battery management) from here http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads next flash gapps from there itself .next flash a kernel such as Agni (highly recomended)
    Bro stock rom is know to have battery issues and ram leaks as it has a lot of apps and unwanted files (commonly called as bloatware )
    1st i noticed tha tu have 769mb ram so you are still in stock kernel (i guess) first flash a new recovery from here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51314025&postcount=296 next flash Slim Rom(u can use any rom but as the name suggest it is verry fast and smoot and also hasa good battery management) from here http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads next flash gapps from there itself .next flash a kernel such as Agni (highly recomended)
    Quick and good answer :D You got a thanks from me and thank you very much . I'd like to install pac rom , would you please help me ? They said it is one in all rom !
    Thanks for being always here to here . As I told you I'm an amateur and I don't know how to install it . I'm also afraid from Ram usage of this rom ! My brother have a samsung galaxy s4 with 4.3 android and its ram usage is 700mb while it is stable and in galaxy tab 2 I only have 769mb ! So would I have such a ram usage if I Install this rom ?

First thing you should know, you don't havta say thank you all the time, just click the Thanks button, that's what it's for. :D
    And I actually installed PAC ROM today. It's an awesome ROM with a lot of cool features...
    As for RAM usage, I dont think that should be a problem. The ROM should be optimised for your device, so it won't use 700mb at rest. :)
    Give it a try, if you find it's slow or laggy, I can suggest more ROMs. :good:

(<---Remember to Thank me if I helped)
    Here's what a senior member said :
    "Borther. I would like to quote one thing first of all; all kitkat based ROMs are battery suckers. So you will not get good battery backup as you might have seen in 4.1.2 or 4.2.2. Xposed framework consumes lot of RAM,i prefer not to use it. PAC ROM is just like another KITKAT ROMs that provides loads of features but with an inefficient battery backup. You will see huge battery drain yourself. I did tried all Kitkat based ROMs. Even all kitkat based ROMs have shuttering/noise sounds while playing some games like Real-Racing 3 etc. I suggest to go with Stock ROM 4.2.2 based on your region or cm 10.2 based ROMs(if available). Root it(if stock) and remove all the samsung bloatwares from it. Then you will not get any kind of battery drain or Lag while playing high-end games. But ultimately choice is all yours."
    Thats why am still confused ! So what is the usage of ram at rest ?! You install pac rom kitkat or lower version ? What about battery , did it drain too fast ?!
    And how did you install it please !? Am running sg tab 2 p3110 with SuperSU root and the latest version of philz as a custom recovery :)

I installed PAC(KitKat, latest nightly) on my GT-N7000(Galaxy Note) which has 778mb available RAM, and I get around 380mb used after clearing recents, and 355-ish after the phone has been at rest for some time. Mind you I haven't got too many apps installed which have background services, though. But I'd still say it's good RAM management.
    But as for what you should do, I think you should take @iamashwin's advice...He knows what he's talking about. :cool: @lokesh.3440 suggested the stock option too, so you really should try it. :good: