Can't connect to PC. cyanogenmod 11. HTC one

Search This thread

PodgeD

Mar 19, 2012
Hey,

Sorry if this is in the wrong form or has been answered but I've been searching for a while and it's annoying me.

I was using Cmd 11 M6 (I think) and everything was working perfectly. Updated to M7 one day and when I connect to any laptop/PC with XP/win7/win8 it just comes up as device not recognized. Phone would charge but nothing else comes up. I downloaded root manager, fixed permissions and restarted. Now when plugged in USB debugging comes up on the phone and computers search for drivers. HTC sync is installed as well as separate driver packages but nothing works.

I'm trying to restore my phone back to stock so I can SIM unlock it as I bought it in America and I've returned to Ireland. No phone is driving me crazy and dont want to go back to a crap phone :mad: :mad:

Rant over, again sorry if I'm being an idiot!

Thanks.

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Hey,

Sorry if this is in the wrong form or has been answered but I've been searching for a while and it's annoying me.

I was using Cmd 11 M6 (I think) and everything was working perfectly. Updated to M7 one day and when I connect to any laptop/PC with XP/win7/win8 it just comes up as device not recognized. Phone would charge but nothing else comes up. I downloaded root manager, fixed permissions and restarted. Now when plugged in USB debugging comes up on the phone and computers search for drivers. HTC sync is installed as well as separate driver packages but nothing works.

I'm trying to restore my phone back to stock so I can SIM unlock it as I bought it in America and I've returned to Ireland. No phone is driving me crazy and dont want to go back to a crap phone :mad: :mad:

Rant over, again sorry if I'm being an idiot!

Thanks.
You might want to try Ubuntu/Linux FAQ Q#5. Or if there is a RUU for your stock version it would return it back to stock.

PodgeD

Mar 19, 2012
'

Tried flashing the RUU using a tutorial I found and now my phone is stuck in bootloader mode. Won't even turn off or go into recovery

PodgeD

Mar 19, 2012
hj

getvar worked. Do you want me to post the outcome?
Used multiple RUUs, now using
RUU Zip M7 UL JB43 SENSE50 MR TMOUS 3.24.531.3 Radio 4A.21.3263.03 10.38m.1157.04 Release 336982 Signed 2 Decrypted .

I got stuck in cymd boot loop recently so re-unlocked bootloader and flashing back to cymd. Ive read that if I flash ARHD I might be able to get s-off even with hboot 1.56? I dont need to have it perfect stock. Just enough to get it SIM unlocked

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
RUU Zip M7 UL JB43 SENSE50 MR TMOUS 3.24.531.3 Radio 4A.21.3263.03 10.38m.1157.04 Release 336982 Signed 2 Decrypted .

I got stuck in cymd boot loop recently so re-unlocked bootloader and flashing back to cymd. Ive read that if I flash ARHD I might be able to get s-off even with hboot 1.56? I dont need to have it perfect stock. Just enough to get it SIM unlocked
Yes, could you post it just remove the imei and serialno first.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

If you have a hboot 1.56, then you are on OS 4.19.531.10 which means you will not be able to run that RUU zip unless you are S-OFF. You can only run RUU's that are the same or higher. You can run this RUU 5.14.531.11, however it will change your hboot to 1.57.

Reactions: PodgeD

PodgeD

Mar 19, 2012
getvar all

I've tried getting S-off multiple times but can't get it.

Getvar all returns

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.24.3263.09
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.531.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4263mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.046s

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
I've tried getting S-off multiple times but can't get it.
You can try firewater s-off and try various combinations of customs roms and kernels until you get the "whelp sucks" message which means you cannot use firewater. Then there is sunshine s-off but it cost $25 USD. In the UK, there is JAVA Card.
In my previous post, I gave you a link to a RUU that is higher than your present OS. You can run it and it should reset your phone back to stock. Since it is a T-Mobile phone, probably paid for, you can get the unlock codes for the SIM from T-Mobile.

PodgeD

Mar 19, 2012
Tried the RUU you linked but the process got stuck saying "waiting for bootloader" I think this is because my phone was only booting into bootloader. I got it into recovery and tried the RUU again but it just stalls while checking phone. I've downloaded a cyanogenmod zip and going to flash from bootloader to see if the RUU will work when the phone is fully functioning.

I've tried firewater but wouldn't work. Found a different approach to it but the phone needs to be connected to WiFi so going to try that if the RUU doesnt work again.

Asked for the unlock code from T-Mobile but have to wait about 3 weeks.

PodgeD

Mar 19, 2012
RUU.exe managed to get past "waiting for bootloader", reboot the phone and get stuck on "waiting on bootloader"..... I now have hboot 1.57 tho.

The only thing I can think to do since I can only get into bootloader or recovery is to push or sideload a ROM onto the sdcard. I've tried this a few times tho and I keep getting the same result
"E: Error in /sdcard/cymd.zip,
(status 0)
Installation aborted."

I'm going to try different ROMs but at 2mbps download speeds it takes a while to get them...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tried flashing the RUU using a tutorial I found and now my phone is stuck in bootloader mode. Won't even turn off or go into recovery
    Can you post a fastboot getvar all (except imei and serialno)? What RUU were you trying to flash?

Yes, could you post it just remove the imei and serialno first.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

If you have a hboot 1.56, then you are on OS 4.19.531.10 which means you will not be able to run that RUU zip unless you are S-OFF. You can only run RUU's that are the same or higher. You can run this RUU 5.14.531.11, however it will change your hboot to 1.57.