[Q] HTC HD7 3G Radio Question

Search This thread

BurnRubber90

May 1, 2011
Guayaquil
Im new to this community.
I Really got interested in WinPhone7 after watching the HTC Trophy add on a webpage.
My Motorola Cliq is getting slower and slower, and i just got a $400 gift in cash for my birthday.
I Was thinking on spending it on this wonderful phone (the HD7), i have seen a couple reviews.. and all i just can say is WOW! (in a good way).
The problem is i cant seem to find a version of it that supports my local 3G Radio (850-1900).
You guys can either tell me if i can buy the regular 900-2100 and maybe change the radio (in my Cliq it was posible ) or where i can find a variant of the HD7 that runs in 3G 850-1900.
Thanks!

drkfngthdragnlrd

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
I Really got interested in WinPhone7 after watching the HTC Trophy add on a webpage.
My Motorola Cliq is getting slower and slower, and i just got a $400 gift in cash for my birthday.
I Was thinking on spending it on this wonderful phone (the HD7), i have seen a couple reviews.. and all i just can say is WOW! (in a good way).
The problem is i cant seem to find a version of it that supports my local 3G Radio (850-1900).
You guys can either tell me if i can buy the regular 900-2100 and maybe change the radio (in my Cliq it was posible ) or where i can find a variant of the HD7 that runs in 3G 850-1900.
Thanks!

The HD7S for AT&T has the 850/1900 radio you need.

NOTE: You need it unlocked if you're not using it on AT&T US's network.

Last edited:
Reactions: BurnRubber90

BurnRubber90

May 1, 2011
Guayaquil
I Wont buy the phone until October, so i guess the AT&T Version should be available unlocked easily then.
What about the radio changing? Is it posible?

drkfngthdragnlrd

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
I Wont buy the phone until October, so i guess the AT&T Version should be available unlocked easily then.
What about the radio changing? Is it posible?

The radio is hardware, no software will change this. As for an unlocked one, there's also various services that sell unlock codes. Also, as you said, they should be more readily available by October as the HD7S was only recently released by AT&T.

5ft24

Apr 21, 2011
Mount Vernon
Are you sure? May be I can flash radio from european HTC HD7 T9292 to my AT&T HTC HD7S T9295 for UMTS 900/2100 support? (Original radio from AT&T HTC HD7S T9295 supports only UMTS850/1900, so 3G doesn't work in EU)

Yes, frequency limitation is HARDWARE. software is just how it accesses and transfers data over the radio

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks!

The HD7S for AT&T has the 850/1900 radio you need.

NOTE: You need it unlocked if you're not using it on AT&T US's network.