[Q] Relocking Bootloader, kernel, updating and more!

Search This thread

dedei

Jan 20, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
So, I'm on Central Europe 1 4.4.2, with doomlord kernel and root. I have a backup of my TA partition before unlocking bootloader.
I want to update to Central Europe 1 4.4.4, using the flashable zip that was posted and the stripped ftf.
Should I flash the stock kernel from FTF 4.4.2, restore my TA partition backup and update? Or update to 4.4.4, and after that restore my TA?
What are the bricking risks? Should I wipe everything? :crying: SO MANY DOUBTS

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
So, I'm on Central Europe 1 4.4.2, with doomlord kernel and root. I have a backup of my TA partition before unlocking bootloader.
I want to update to Central Europe 1 4.4.4, using the flashable zip that was posted and the stripped ftf.
Should I flash the stock kernel from FTF 4.4.2, restore my TA partition backup and update? Or update to 4.4.4, and after that restore my TA?

If you want to go to totally "out of the box" device and have OTA update info and few other things you just said then yeah...
First flash ftf and stick kernel and then relock bootloader...

If you restore TA and leave custom kernel you could have serious problems...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dedei

dedei

Jan 20, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
So everything went smooth! Now i'm on 4.4.4 with root and locked bootloader BUT x-reality is not working LMAO. I'll try to install it now.

Edit: yep, it's definitely not working. I relocked bootloader for nothing! haha

Last edited:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
No, there is no serious problem at all, you just need to flash a stock kernel via flashtool (In a stripped FTF or a full FTF) or via fastboot if you have the kernel.elf

Exactly what I said..
You have to flash stock kernel - there are many guys who relock bootloader on custom kernel - xda us full of stories like that..

They have toy now instead of expensive device..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you want to go to totally "out of the box" device and have OTA update info and few other things you just said then yeah...
    First flash ftf and stick kernel and then relock bootloader...

If you restore TA and leave custom kernel you could have serious problems...