[Theme] Modified Blue Star 5 RC33.

Search This thread

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have modified the Blue Star 5 theme, the only thing I take any credit for is the status bar background, and making some changes to the drawer for the launcher (which I got from the QCTX - Older is Better theme). If anyone objects to me posting this, let me know.
I guess also I gotta take a little credit for putting the images in place and re-signing everything.

Now - this works on my phone, not sure if it'll work for anyone else. But I know alot of people are waiting patiently for a compatible theme, so I thought I would share what I have so far. It is by no means complete some elements have surely been overlooked by me. Any suggestions I will take to heart, though my time is limited to work on it. There are no icons included for Amazon MP3 store, default Email client, or the IM program. I don't use them, and haven't had time to copy over the icons. If all goes well with the latest updates, I will include those in my final release.

So here it is.
Modified Blue Star 5 RC33
Since it doesn't seem to be working for many, here is another attempt, I resigned everything and instead of "deflate" I use "store" compression - so the file is larger.
See if this one works.

This is JUST the Framework-res.apk file (only partial theme, but good to test)

Here is the Framework & Launcher, which will be a more complete feeling, minus the program icons.

Obviously the majority of the credit goes to manup456 for creating Blue Star 5! Thanks.
Without further ado, here are some shots:

Last edited:

LPChris

Jul 14, 2007
Does that little android at the bottom change colors? I'm flashing it now so I guess we'll see! :)

LPChris

Jul 14, 2007
It threw an error saying "Can't find update script" and aborted the installation.

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Just downloaded and tried to install.........

got the same "cant find script update" error

sorry yall, uploaded the wrong file, try again.
also excuse me for not including the IM.apk, Email.apk, or com.amazon.mp3.apk files, I don't use them so I didn't modify them. I will update with those in the future. So please, download and try again, I will check back later to see if it was a success.

hoseb007

Jan 17, 2009
Camarillo
It got stuck at T-mobile G1 Logo
it uploaded ok

just redo the update back to RC33 it works fine but no Theme

Last edited: