[ROM] Slim Bean [Quality First !] [4.2.2 - Build 8] (05/08/2013)

Search This thread

obyn

Oct 4, 2009
Luleå
hello and merry christmas to you all!
i'm a new slim user and i really like it.
i've set dpi to 200 which imo is great for the sexus.
i however have some minor issues;
i really miss the setting from CM to change the hardware keys. in particular set the search key to "in-app search".
and secondly i miss swedish dictionary. i've read the FAQ and it says to download latinime from the "updateme" app.
this, however i can't find.
maybe it hasn't been added since this is a beta?
and finally; bluetooth tethering doesn't work.

thanks again for a great rom!
regards
robin

Last edited:

Articudos

Dec 20, 2011
hello and merry christmas to you all!
i'm a new slim user and i really like it.
i've set dpi to 200 which imo is great for the sexus.
i however have some minor issues;
i really miss the setting from CM to change the hardware keys. in particular set the search key to "in-app search".
and secondly i miss swedish dictionary. i've read the FAQ and it says to download latinime from the "updateme" app.
this, however i can't find.
maybe it hasn't been added since this is a beta?
and finally; bluetooth tethering doesn't work.

thanks again for a great rom!
regards
robin

About the in-app-search, flash this.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1788719

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: obyn

Hordon

Dec 26, 2011
Budapest
I have an idea for you since you are very particular about the ROM and features, create one on your own to your liking and share with the community or submit patches to our gerrit, we will review them.

sent from slimmed Nexus 4

I don't want to make you angry. It's just an opinion, thats all. 3.1 is my favorite rom and i waiting for a lot for 4.2 rom and i am a bit disapponted about that. But your works are keep great and many thanks for it, but i don't like 4.2 rom too much. relax...

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
I don't want to make you angry. It's just an opinion, thats all. 3.1 is my favorite rom and i waiting for a lot for 4.2 rom and i am a bit disapponted about that. But your works are keep great and many thanks for it, but i don't like 4.2 rom too much. relax...

Not angry. It's simple. Users have two choices

1) wait patiently for features to be implemented
2) submit patches to help the cause.

Your choice. Saying I am disappointed won't get you anywhere especially when developers put in so much effort to bring an OS to a phone that Google had given up on.

sent from slimmed Nexus 4

wmdunn

Jul 7, 2007
South Dakota
Google Pixel 5
+1 for that, i like better the stock but the stocklockring file from the website is so huge :(

I prefer the original stock lock ring as well, so I modified kufikugel's zip and substituted the stock aosp images. They are the stock size ... simply flash in recovery.

Attachments

• Universal_SlimBean_theme_lockscreen_stock_handle.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 85

mrengineer

Nov 27, 2012
I'm quite willing to accept what you say but I'm not sure I understand why the battery drain will disappear. If the Android Os is running at 56% why would it not just keep doing that. I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely curious.

i had that android os staying awake all the time as well, no matter with which rom, it's quite weird because even after a clean install, the problem persist.

try not to change the battery icon, it suck my battery when i changed that, not sure if it's just me.

also, the android os keep awake timer keeps changing, it'll increase and decrease by itself as time goes by, weird eh?

dome95

Mar 23, 2011
Hi, anyone has my problem? It happen a lot of times. Thanks

dysuqy7a.jpg

dome95

Mar 23, 2011
Ye, I did it, but I had this problem with 2/3 rom jb 4.2 based... It's not a serious problem because it's not always happen, but i would know because I've it..

metalgear873

Aug 4, 2011
The rom seems fine, although I'm getting a lot of gapps fc. And Gmail doesn't seem to sync well. My email is not pushed instantly.

I came from 3.1. I didn't do a fresh install.

Other than that the rom feels smooth.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

88ergts

Sep 6, 2008
3.1 is Android 4.1.2 and this beta is Android 4.2.1 their are some significant differences.....

A clean install should solve your problems

Reactions: tchaari

Top Liked Posts